Help With Navigation Default POI Display

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waitingforaleaf

Does anyone know if the Leaf's navigation system has an option to not display its default points of interest, specifically certain art galleries, museums, or shopping centers? I am not talking about the map icons for "Restaurants, Charging Station, Hotel, ATM, or Rest Area" as I already have those off. I'm specifically talking about pre-loaded locations (I didn't put them in) that show up on the map and effectively block the name of city streets on the screen. I would LOVE to have them removed from the display so that I only see the actual street names and not random things located on that street.

While there is no way to remove the POI's that you mention from displaying (that I am aware of), there are a couple of alternatives that may be helpful.

Tap the Menu button, then "Settings" > "Navigation" > "Map View". Select "Split 2D Map" or "Split Birdview Map". Now you will have a split screen. You can zoom each side independently, which will allow for an overview on one side with a close-up view on the other. In effect, this removes the POI name from the close up view. One thing that I have noticed though is that the next street is not always named if it is a smaller street, even on a tight zoom. Here is a potential workaround.

Having selected your split view of choice, do the following:

Tap the Menu button > "Info" > "Where am I?". On the left hand side of the split screen appears the following (retaining your previous map view selection on the right side):

Next street
Distance to the next intersection
Current street
Previous street
Distance traveled from the previous intersection

This can come in handy for a couple of reasons. As you drive, you will always know the name of street at your next intersection (exception - different street names to right and left). Also, if you are in need of roadside assistance, this information will be useful to that provider.

Not exactly what you wanted, but I hope that it helps.

Thanks LEAFguy! I'll have to give a try the next time I go for a drive. BTW, what would next street say while you are on the freeway? If it's the next freeway off-ramp, it'd be an awesome addition for what has been a relatively disappointing navigation system.

waitingforaleaf said:
BTW, what would next street say while you are on the freeway? If it's the next freeway off-ramp, it'd be an awesome addition for what has been a relatively disappointing navigation system.

You got it... next off ramp.

So I gave the "Where am I?" option a try yesterday and it works exactly as stated where the left half of the screen displays the relevant street information. I also wanted to comment that the function works without having to split the map. You can have the full size map working and pushing the "Where am I?" will automatically split the map when you need such information.

Back