XM radio is free until Feb 14th

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vin944

Just happen to flip the source button on the steering wheel and low and behold XM is fully working. I didn't want to sign up so I called and asked why its working and he says free to everyone till the 14th.

I'm not going to rock the boat by asking why, but a year later mine is still working and I've paid them nothing...
vin944 said:
Just happen to flip the source button on the steering wheel and low and behold XM is fully working. I didn't want to sign up so I called and asked why its working and he says free to everyone till the 14th.

TomT said:
I'm not going to rock the boat by asking why, but a year later mine is still working and I've paid them nothing...
vin944 said:

X1

Knock wood. I hadn't really thought about it until you mentioned it.

No way would I pay for this low quality service. If it wee $20 a year I would do it for the traffic but otherwise it sounds like garbage. Good if you live in the middle of nowhere I suppose.

My trials would all end early. Finally it is working until end of Feb as it should. My first trial started last May. :roll:
I like the service and will probably pay the mid to low subscription level.

Well, I definitely won't be subscribing to XM once it stops working. I'm thinking about finally signing up for the DI.fm/SKY.fm combo for $50 per year, higher audio quality than XM without the repeating playlists! :D

vin944 said:
Sheesh, wish I'd known that. Just paid a day or so ago, but at the low end.

Not so sure how low you would consider as "LOW." Regular price for NavTraffic is $3.99 a month. It's not really pricey, but its functionality in the LEAF makes me question the overall value of the service.

Here's the URL I found:
http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Sat...ontent&cid=1282009830228&pagename=SXM/Wrapper

The 3.99 monthly had this additional note:
* Fees and taxes apply. When subscribing to these services without an active SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription, a minimum 12-month term is required.

So it looks like you can have it without the other radio services, but you have to subscribe for a year minimum. $48+fees+taxes is certainly higher than $20/year, but not horribly expensive if you think you'll use the service.

Back