G3NG4R
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 20 Mar 2021

High Voltage Disconnect Access Panel Mod

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:38 pm

I've been continuing the Gengar theme in our Leaf and completed another project this week. First I found 2020 (Had to match the car right? :P) Gengar cards in holo and reverse holo. Then I paired that with an acrylic 2 card display case and mounted it to the high voltage disconnect door in the back seat.

I think it turned out well, and the wife likes it too. It might be a bit silly but it adds a nice accent to the back seat. The sun catches the foil at the right angles too which is cool.

hbquikcomjamesl
Delivery Date: 30 Dec 2020

Re: High Voltage Disconnect Access Panel Mod

Mon May 10, 2021 11:25 am

I simply made a saddle for the hump, carrying a large wastebasket and a large CD rack. While cutting out a cardboard template, I managed to get a finger into the path of the single-edge, and slice it badly enough to require medical-grade cyanoacrylate ("dermabond"). For all that, the finished saddle turned out really well, giving me both a place for my on-board CDs and the largest car wastebasket I've ever had.
--
James H. H. Lampert

hbquikcomjamesl
Delivery Date: 30 Dec 2020

Re: High Voltage Disconnect Access Panel Mod

Mon May 24, 2021 1:07 pm

It occurred to me that I'd never shared any pictures of my "first week mod," i.e., the hump-saddle I described. The aluminum angle is blind-riveted in place to locate the wastebasket (a general-purpose bin from the bathroom furniture department at Target).

hump saddle 1 by James Lampert, on Flickr

And with the wastebasket in place:
hump saddle 2 by James Lampert, on Flickr

And in the vehicle:

hump saddle 3 by James Lampert, on Flickr
--
James H. H. Lampert

Return to “Accessories / Mods”