User avatar
Kataphn
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:57 am
Delivery Date: 13 Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: September Orders - those lucky on September 2nd

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:24 pm

Boomer23 wrote:
leaffan wrote:
They opened at 10:30AM today, about the same time as the Aug. 31. Again, it opened before people received the ordering email.
So leaffan, you seem to have the inside info. It's 3:20 pm PST. Are we "done" for today? Can I go start some serious drinking and save some energy for tomorrow's grind?

I would like to know, too! Tired of monitoring all day! I was early on April 20 reservation and Sept. order month....but still no activation of dashboard.
Last edited by Kataphn on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delivered: May 3, 2011
VIN: 1467 made 3-7-11
SL, Blue, eTec trim, EV project Blink
[purchased] as of 11-1-13: 25,000: 11 bars
Also have a PiP

drlesley
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:05 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Boomer23 wrote:
I'm happy with Connell, too. Mark was on the ball to call me last evening.

As for an OC electrician, I have the name of an honest independent guy, family business, licensed electrician who I gave me a very fair estimate of the work at my house a few weeks ago. I'd recommend at least giving him a shot at your group idea.

The company is Jason Wakefield Electric. Phone: 714-883-5064. Tell him you heard about him from someone on the Nissan Leaf forum.

I'm probably going to go with AV because their quote works well for me.
Boomer 23,
Thanks for the referral. I will write it down. Just out of curiosity--did you get a reasonable quote for Aerovironment? Mine was $3600 for a new home with a covered attached garage. Was your electrician's quote similar?

Thank you for whatever thoughts you can add.
Leaf Owner since April 1, 1011
Orange County, CA
April 20, 2010 reservation date
SL Trim, Blue
September 2 Order date
Connell Nissan
NO Aerovironment
Purchased/Delivered April 1st, 2011
Looking for Orange County Electrician

User avatar
Boomer23
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:57 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2011
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:51 pm

drlesley wrote: Boomer 23,
Thanks for the referral. I will write it down. Just out of curiosity--did you get a reasonable quote for Aerovironment? Mine was $3600 for a new home with a covered attached garage. Was your electrician's quote similar?

Thank you for whatever thoughts you can add.
Mine was $2636 from AV. Aside from permits, the cost of the EVSE itself, shipping and tax, the labor and parts ran $1686. That includes a conduit run of more than 60 feet from my panel, through an attic and across an atrium to the garage, adding a 40 amp breaker to the panel, connection to the charging dock, and AV's testing and warranty of the work. Interestingly, Jason and another electrician had said that my panel wouldn't handle an additional breaker, and people on this forum suggested a sub-panel be added. When I spoke with AV about it, they agreed that a sub-panel is needed and said that they'd include it at the previously bid price, which surprised me, as you can imagine. AV called yesterday and said that they're going to revise the scope of work in the quote to include the sub-panel, and I warned them not to increase the price. We'll see how that plays out.

For independent bids, I got Jason and another electrician to bid on just adding the 40 amp breaker and running the conduit and wiring to a junction box in the garage. Jason came back at about $1650 and the other guy was at about $1785. So I felt like AV was right on the money, especially since theirs included full attachment to the charging dock, testing and warranty of the connection and my $100 assessment fee would apply to that cost. Jason had suggested that I need a panel upgrade from my 100 amp to a 200 amp panel. He bid that at around $2050, which I gather is a steal, since most guys charge about $3000.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range RWD
2017 Chevy Bolt EV Premier Kinetic Blue
Blog: http://drivingelectric.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9753
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Boomer23 wrote:Mine was $2636 from AV. Aside from permits, the cost of the EVSE itself, shipping and tax, the labor and parts ran $1686. That includes a conduit run of more than 60 feet from my panel, through an attic and across an atrium to the garage, adding a 40 amp breaker to the panel, connection to the charging dock, and AV's testing and warranty of the work. Interestingly, Jason and another electrician had said that my panel wouldn't handle an additional breaker, and people on this forum suggested a sub-panel be added. When I spoke with AV about it, they agreed that a sub-panel is needed and said that they'd include it at the previously bid price, which surprised me, as you can imagine. AV called yesterday and said that they're going to revise the scope of work in the quote to include the sub-panel, and I warned them not to increase the price. We'll see how that plays out.

For independent bids, I got Jason and another electrician to bid on just adding the 40 amp breaker and running the conduit and wiring to a junction box in the garage. Jason came back at about $1650 and the other guy was at about $1785. So I felt like AV was right on the money, especially since theirs included full attachment to the charging dock, testing and warranty of the connection and my $100 assessment fee would apply to that cost. Jason had suggested that I need a panel upgrade from my 100 amp to a 200 amp panel. He bid that at around $2050, which I gather is a steal, since most guys charge about $3000.
Your AV quote sounds pretty darn reasonable to me. Unless they come back with an inflated price with the sub-panel.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 87,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

User avatar
Boomer23
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:57 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2011
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:57 pm

mwalsh wrote:[
Your AV quote sounds pretty darn reasonable to me. Unless they come back with an inflated price with the sub-panel.
That's my thinking, Michael. it's the only one I've heard of that is reasonable. Maybe the fact that I waited 50 days for it and called them 4 times made a difference, or the fact that by the time they quoted me, everyone else was up in arms.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range RWD
2017 Chevy Bolt EV Premier Kinetic Blue
Blog: http://drivingelectric.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

palmermd
Posts: 2629
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA

Re: September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:10 pm

the "my account" link is now blank. What does that mean? Does it mean they are in the process of activating my RFQ? I hope so, but it is weird that now it goes to a page that is completely blank.

I can click the only button on the screen and go back to home screen and that works, but my dashboard is empty.
Michael

Leaf from 31 March 2011 - Traded 18 April 2019 for Tesla Model 3 Unicorn
Driving electric since 1996


Leaf Bar Loss

LEAFfan
Posts: 4828
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855
Location: Phoenix Area

Re: September Orders - those lucky on September 2nd

Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Kataphn wrote:
Boomer23 wrote:
leaffan wrote:
They opened at 10:30AM today, about the same time as the Aug. 31. Again, it opened before people received the ordering email.
So leaffan, you seem to have the inside info. It's 3:20 pm PST. Are we "done" for today? Can I go start some serious drinking and save some energy for tomorrow's grind?

I would like to know, too! Tired of monitoring all day! I was early on April 20 reservation and Sept. order month....but still no activation of dashboard.
LOL, I don't have inside info, but I use logic and intuition. They stopped sending them out yesterday around 2PM PDT, so I figured it would be the same today. Tomorrow, they will probably start at 10:30 again or at least the account portals may be open.
2013 LEAF SV Del. 2/28/13
2013 LEAF World Record for Most Miles Driven On One Charge-188 miles/8.8 m/kW h
4.8 kW DC PV ($ .91/W fully installed)/ Dec., 2010

JasonT
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:42 am
Location: AZ

Re: September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:27 pm

palmermd wrote:the "my account" link is now blank. What does that mean? Does it mean they are in the process of activating my RFQ? I hope so, but it is weird that now it goes to a page that is completely blank.
Blank for me too - I was hoping it was in process of fixing my problem where I'm locked into one dealer when I'm trying to get a quote from a second dealer. I am guessing it is just "down" and has nothing to do with either of us :(

User avatar
EVDRIVER
Moderator
Posts: 6753
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:51 am

Re: September Orders - those lucky on September 2nd

Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:28 pm

So leaffan, you seem to have the inside info. It's 3:20 pm PST. Are we "done" for today? Can I go start some serious drinking and save some energy for tomorrow's grind?[/quote]


I would like to know, too! Tired of monitoring all day! I was early on April 20 reservation and Sept. order month....but still no activation of dashboard.[/quote]

LOL, I don't have inside info, but I use logic and intuition. They stopped sending them out yesterday around 2PM PDT, so I figured it would be the same today. Tomorrow, they will probably start at 10:30 again or at least the account portals may be open.[/quote]


You must mean the next 5%:)

smkettner
Posts: 7501
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2014
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:57 pm

My account page on Nissan site is completely blank, just the blue background
I hope it is a good sign...... probably just another update
1 bar lost at 21,451 miles, 16 months.
2 bar lost at 35,339 miles, 25 months.
LEAF traded at 45,400 miles for a RAV4-EV
RAV4 traded in for I-Pace Dec 2018

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”