September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LakeLeaf said:
Might as well start a new thread for the 2nd. Hopefully I personally won't have reason to also start the 30 September thread. :(

Do some september people know their day already? As far as i know, i still just have the generic "September" timeframe. No day specified?

If you do know the day, how far in advance did you get told?

garygid said:
5% RFQs per day probably was a guess of an even spread over 20 "working" days.

This is another example of Leaf Forum "Telephone". This is just how rumors start and make it to silly stories on ABG, like 200 cars, 240 cars, San Diego First, etc, etc.

Tango said:
LakeLeaf said:
Might as well start a new thread for the 2nd. Hopefully I personally won't have reason to also start the 30 September thread. :(

Do some september people know their day already? As far as i know, i still just have the generic "September" timeframe. No day specified?

If you do know the day, how far in advance did you get told?

Nobody knows the day, that's the implied joke in LakeLeafs comment. "Hopefully I won't have to start the 30 September thread"

This sitting by the computer and refreshing the Dashboard every few minutes ... is crazy.

8 AM, no email and no change on my dashboard, so, is that just Not-Yet, or a Bug-on-the-Windshield?

So easy for them to put up an order-date (if they are organized enough to know it), or an "order-tomorrow" (assuming they know what emails they will be sending out the very next morning).

I suggest continuing to call CS to ask if you will be in the "tomorrow" group, explaining that if you know the (upcoming-soon) date, you could quit accessing their Dashboard server hundreds of times a day. That would lighten their server load by a factor of 50 or 100, so it could do its job better.

Explain that you cannot depend upon getting one email ... it could get "lost" by your provider.

Ask if your Account has an "order-activation date" field in their Dashboard database.

Ask when the decision is made that determines what emails will be sent out the very next day.

Hopefully, after a while, they will get tired of handling the same questions and "update" the Dashboard to be more useful to us.

If and when we ever get email about being able to order - please include:

Date and time of reservation (will all 4/20 reservations get to order before 4/21?)
Location (are you near one of the Leaf EV cluster areas?)

Were you able to order the QC?

mwalsh said:
cashu2 said:
Finally! :D Just checked my dashboard at 10:58am and there it was, order submitted at 11:02am.

It's funny/interesting seeing people delurk now, when they must have been watching for a while to be this clued in. What finally made you step forward cashu2?

I usually never post, just read for the info. However I do participate in the polls when they pertain to me that is.

cashu2 said:
I usually never post, just read for the info. However I do participate in the polls when they pertain to me that is.

So, you didn't have the order open for you yesterday or even in the morning and it opened just now ?

cashu2 said:
Finally! :D Just checked my dashboard at 10:58am and there it was, order submitted at 11:02am.

Interesting. I'm almost sure that I'm ordering today because my dealer saw me pop up on his dashboard around 4 pm yesterday. He called me and we worked out the details of my deal before 6 pm. I'm just waiting for my dashboard to allow my RAQ.

evnow said:
cashu2 said:

So, you didn't have the order open for you yesterday or even in the morning and it opened just now ?

Yep, I have been checking religiously too since Monday.

ha...hey that doesn't mean that you won't get an email today :)

I hope you do.

Wow...I think I can hear you...you know quite a few curse words... :)

Gavin

cashu2 said:

So, they have opened atleast your account today. I'll update the thread title if we get one more confirmation (in case yours was a glitch ...).

evnow said:
cashu2 said:

So, they have opened atleast your account today. I'll update the thread title if we get one more confirmation (in case yours was a glitch ...).

They opened at 10:30AM today, about the same time as the Aug. 31. Again, it opened before people received the ordering email.

Back