Any dealer offer Free 6-Month service in Atlanta?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lintravis

I'm about 6 month into my lease. Anyone in North Atlanta know which dealer offer the 6 month maintenance for free?
Also, is the 1 year required maintenance free or that depends on the dealer too?

Thanks!

My experience is that following the maintenance schedule is not free at the Nissan dealer...The annual battery test is free the first couple of times, and getting software updates is free, but not the maintenance...The car already has reduced maintenance, so they need to make SOME money to pay for the special equipment and training for the Techs to work on the LEAF...

There is no required 6 month service on a Leaf. Check the regular maintenance schedule in the manual.

lintravis said:
I'm about 6 month into my lease. Anyone in North Atlanta know which dealer offer the 6 month maintenance for free?

For my 2011 model, you have to determine whether you are going to follow Schedule 1 (More Severe) or Schedule 2 (Less Severe).

Schedule 1 criteria:
Use schedule 1 if you operate the vehicle under any of these conditions:
* Repeated short trips of less than 5 miles in normal temps or less than 10 miles in freezing temps
* Stop and go traffic in hot weather or low speed driving for long distances
* Driving in dusty conditions or on rough, muddy, or salt-spread roads
* Using a car top carrier

Schedule 2 criteria:
Applies only to highway driving in temperate conditions. Use schedule 2 if you operate your primarily operate your vehicle under conditions other than those listed in Schedule 1.

This is what the recommended service is at 7,500 miles or 6 months...

Schedule 2
Rotate Tires

Schedule 1
Rotate Tires
Inspect Axle, brake pads, rotors, drive shaft boots, front suspension ball joints, steering gear and linkage, and steering linkage ball joints

At 15,000 miles or 12 months, it goes up from there....

Rotating tires is a subjective/personal choice (I rotate every 10k miles, but that's not the point).

Basically nothing needs to be "checked" on a Leaf until the mandatory (free) battery check @1yr (regardless of miles). Similarly, there's really no (paid) maintenance until you flush/change the brake fluid @2yrs or so.
If anyone tries to charge you for anything else (that isn't broken), they are full of it (to put it nicely). The Leaf is about as close to "maintenance free" as you can get on an automobile.

Thanks all for the reply!
It sounds like I won't need to go in for any maintenance until the 1 year mark.

lintravis said:
Thanks all for the reply!
It sounds like I won't need to go in for any maintenance until the 1 year mark.
Even then you can spend nothing. First cost should be at the 3rd year battery check. But then you might be just turning it in.

Back