Nissan's 'Drive Electric' tour!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Nissan announces the 'Drive Electric' tour to begin at the Alt Car Expo in Santa Monica on October 1st:

https://drivenissanleaf.com/

drive_electric.jpg

This is the moment you have been waiting for! We're excited to announce the schedule for the “drive electric tour" beginning October 1. In order for you to experience what it is like behind the wheel of the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, you must RSVP on the site to schedule your date and drive time. Note: Not all events can be reserved today, so check and see when the event closest to you will be available for sign-up.

FYI, a note from signing up for my own test drive....I did need to register on this site. It did not, as I think I was half-expecting, pick up my credentials from the Leaf order web site.

Mod Edit :

https://drivenissanleaf.com/About/

The ‘drive electric tour’ will provide the opportunity to learn all about the Nissan LEAF. You will be guided through several display areas, each highlighting a specific attribute or benefit of the car:

- History of electric vehicles and benefits of ownership
- The Nissan LEAF battery system and charging details
- The "sexy science" of the Nissan LEAF and how it compares to other vehicles
- Staying in-touch with your LEAF through your phone or computer
- Fuel efficiency and costs
- Environmental impact
- ...and so much more
- 100 miles is more than enough!

But the best part of the ‘drive electric tour’ is that you can drive the car for yourself! You will be able to drive the car on a pre-determined course with a ‘co-pilot’ to answer your questions and show you all the interior features of the car.

Join us and be one of the first to drive a Nissan LEAF!

March 18-20? We'll have already ordered and be like 3-5 weeks from delivery at that point! We're no better off that you first marketeers! Well, we're better off that these marketeers:

Nashville: March 25 - 27, they'll have already had their LEAFs delivered 1 - 2 months before that!

Yes, it required a new registraion. But it let me use the same password (how kind of them - yet another user id but the same password).

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm registered now for Oct 1 at 11AM :D
And as a bonus I'll attend the Alt Car Expo for the rest of the day. I was there for the first one and of course I really enjoyed it!

BTW this would be a great opportunity to meet other members from this forum at the event, I wonder how we'll recognize each other....

johnr said:
BTW this would be a great opportunity to meet other members from this forum at the event, I wonder how we'll recognize each other....

We'll be the ones who know more about the car than the offical Leaf people do!!! :lol:

johnr said:

I'll be there on the 1st too. Don't quite know how you'll be able to identify me yet, but I'll give you a heads-up closer to the date!

I am so sorry folks,

Nissan's web folks and I are trying to get this resolved A.S.A.P. but in the meantime anyone interested in:

NTC Promenade
Sun, 10/17/2010, 5:00 PM

In San Diego, I have accidentally taken this spot. We will work as hard as possible to change my reservation to an opened one but unfortunately this spot is still stuck reserved to me. The good news is I can post on this forum as soon as it's freed so that a forum member can be the first to get it and worse case I'll just jump my reservation around to Texas, Florida, North Carolina and then Washington, D.C. until it get to the right place. Again, I'm sorry for the mix-up. Blame the website though as you should be able to select cancel indefinitely and that's what they're working on. Again, sorry about that folks.

I'll be there Saturday the 2nd at 10am and 10:30am (for my wife the second time around). :)

Does anyone know how long we can have with the car?

Having done this type of event before, I don't think you can expect a massive amount of time. If it's a city block circuit, I think we'd be fortunate. I'm actually half-expecting it to be a closed "parking lot" course.

garygid said:
Cool. I will try to arrive early to meet you.
You will get a confirmation email.

I wonder how many "drives" are scheduled at one time?

Are you coming to HTB on 18 Sept?
I wish I could we will be out of town. I hope to make the next one.

Gavin said:
Anybody going to the Tempe tour? Not open to register yet, but I plan to be there...

Gavin

Yeah, I will probably be there. Although with it scheduled 12/3-12/5 some of us will have our cars not to far off from that time. But I will be there anyway; there might be some more cool free stuff (like the t-shirts at the tour events).

I'm guessing that if they truly have a number of cars for this event, a day or two before or after each event, the cars will be spread out to local dealerships for real test-drives by people who have placed orders.

It makes no sense to allow public test drives and not give actual orderers something a little more.... We shall see!!

Back