Nissan's 'Drive Electric' tour!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Azrich said:
So everyone thinks this is our "test drive" for people who have ordered LEAFs. I'm very disappointed that it is being done as big promotional event. I thought we would be going to a dealer or other location and actually get the drive the LEAF for 10 - 15 minutes on a variety of roads. Tucson's test drive is not until December 10 - 12. Some people might have their own LEAFs by then (wishful thinking). The event where Tucson's test drive will be staged is a massive art fair we have twice a year, but the one in December is really crowded, difficult to park anywhere close, its a zoo. We go every couple years to it, mainly for the food and people-watching. Haven't bought much in years.

There is very little area there for a drive and with are so many people, sometimes 100s of thousands, it will be like driving in a small parking lot - like taking a spin around the MacDonalds parking lot. I registered but I'm not impressed with this idea or event.

I still think that a day or two before or after these 'events', Nissan will make those car available to the local dealers so that we reserved/buyers can have REAL test drives. It wouldn't make any sense NOT to do that!

These events are public....I'm hoping there will be something private for us.

stanley said:
Leafguy, Will they allow my wife to drive as well as me? I was able to register but they blocked my attempt to get separate time for my wife

I was able to register my wife - just used her e-mail address...put her a half hour behind me... (someone has to watch the kids) :)

Jimmydreams said:
Azrich said:
So everyone thinks this is our "test drive" for people who have ordered LEAFs. I'm very disappointed that it is being done as big promotional event. I thought we would be going to a dealer or other location and actually get the drive the LEAF for 10 - 15 minutes on a variety of roads. Tucson's test drive is not until December 10 - 12. Some people might have their own LEAFs by then (wishful thinking). The event where Tucson's test drive will be staged is a massive art fair we have twice a year, but the one in December is really crowded, difficult to park anywhere close, its a zoo. We go every couple years to it, mainly for the food and people-watching. Haven't bought much in years.

There is very little area there for a drive and with are so many people, sometimes 100s of thousands, it will be like driving in a small parking lot - like taking a spin around the MacDonalds parking lot. I registered but I'm not impressed with this idea or event.

I still think that a day or two before or after these 'events', Nissan will make those car available to the local dealers so that we reserved/buyers can have REAL test drives. It wouldn't make any sense NOT to do that!

Don't get your hopes up... these are the "test drives". That's what we get for being early adopters. :)

cdub said:
Jimmydreams said:
Azrich said:

Don't get your hopes up... these are the "test drives". That's what we get for being early adopters. :)

I'm sure there will be dealers with a demo car that we can all drive, but I have no idea when...maybe after we take delivery. :lol:

garygid said:
Oct 8 at 11:00 at the Anaheim Convention Center parking lot/structure.
:) :) :) :)

Gary, what time is your test ride? I chose 2PM. Anyone else on the forum going to be at the Auto Show around that time on Friday?

EDIT: whoops I see you'll be there 3 hours ahead of me.

Boomer23 said:
I'll be at Anaheim, 3pm drive on Saturday, 10/9 with my better half, who'd like to see if the Leaf is comfortable for her before we order the EVSE mods to the house.

I'll be at Alt Car in Santa Monica on 10/1 as well. I'd like to do a drive that day, too. Is that greedy? I can't seem to register for both events, so they've probably put a cookie on my pc. I'll try to register with a different email from a different pc later.

UM, yea ... it's greedy. That's why I already inquired
:D
You can't beat the system via a PC cookie. You'd need a fake / 2nd driver's license because that's the driving feature in prior test drive greedy guts. You Irvine people are all alike.
;)

The Leaf will be featured at the upcoming Orange Count Auto Show at the Anaheim Convention Center, with test drives by appointment offered Friday (Oct 8) Saturday (Oct 9) and Sunday (Oct 10). I just booked my test drive for Saturday morning at 9:00 am. You can book your test drive at www.drivenissanleaf.com.

Yes, I am booked at 11, and my friend at 11:30, but you might be
able to change your time, if you really wanted to.

It is not clear how many bookings they are taking at any time slot.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
mossyleaf said:
We've been told that Dealers will begin to receive their "Demo Leafs" around December 8th.

curious - does this mean that the first delivery's will take place at the same time?

My guess is deliveries will be late Dec./early Jan.

garygid said:
Yes, I am booked at 11, and my friend at 11:30, but you might be
able to change your time, if you really wanted to.

It is not clear how many bookings they are taking at any time slot.
Here's a video from this event in the UK. The entire test drive is about a minute. So they probably schedule 20 or so per half hour time slot. You drive around a track defined by a bunch of orange cones. They give you a video, shot from a camera in the cabin, so a lot of folks posted it on YouTube.

It's hard to say what will happen, in particular, at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. The parking lot isn't massive to start with; it's going to be used as event parking for the Alt Car Expo; and it's also going to be used to stage the Expo's "Ride and Drive". It could well be that the Leaf is forced out onto the streets in this instance. But I have already been told to expect to be driving "around a course". So we'll have to see.

I think it will be like the video's we have seen. Just about 500 to 1000 ft course in a circle. Totally useless to determine how the car will drive at all.

I believe the appointments are limited to one per address. I got my wife anappointment by using the address my daughter next door, whom I know is not interested. I also booked my son, who lives in another city, but who is not registered with Nissan. So, I think same address may be keeping some of you from getting the wife in there. You might try a fake address.

When you "sign in" for the actual drive and show your driver's license, might they check the address against the "Drive-Reservation" database?

Yes, they could do that easily, but ... probably will not go to the effort.

Just change the last number of the street address...just enough to fool the computer.

RSH said:
I believe the appointments are limited to one per address. I got my wife anappointment by using the address my daughter next door, whom I know is not interested. I also booked my son, who lives in another city, but who is not registered with Nissan. So, I think same address may be keeping some of you from getting the wife in there. You might try a fake address.

I had to use a different computer because of the cookie, but I made a second reservation for my partner using his name and the same address. No problem.

Back