South Carolina Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased my 2013 Nissan LEAF on January 04, 2014 . :D
I bought the Ultra Black SL Model that was used with only 7900 miles on it... got a great deal at $25,500.
I live in the Bluffton, SC area and I am hoping to find other LEAF or Electric Vehicle owners in the area interested in forming a local Electric Vehicle owners club.
I am also organizing a National Plug in Day Event in Bluffton, SC coming up in September. Last year I went to the event in Charleston, SC
and had a great time talking with all of the LEAF and TESLA owners.
GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

If any local Electric Vehicle owners are interested in forming a local Electric Vehicle Owners club then e-mail me at [email protected]

jhaberberger said:
I just purchased my 2013 Nissan LEAF on January 04, 2014 . :D
I bought the Ultra Black SL Model that was used with only 7900 miles on it... got a great deal at $25,500.
I live in the Bluffton, SC area and I am hoping to find other LEAF owners in the area interested in forming a local LEAF owners club.

If any local LEAF owners are interested in forming a local LEAF club then e-mail me at [email protected]

Welcome to the group, I work on Hilton Head and live in Hardeeville. I will send you an email.

Just picked up my Cayenne Red 2014 SL yesterday from Hunter Nissan in Hendersonville, NC. I ALMOST made it the 83 miles home to Clinton, SC, but chickened out when range/distance got too close. Stopped in Spartanburg for a few extra kW's... A BLAST to drive!

So cool to see more EV's in SC. When I first purchased my Leaf, it was a huge event to see another on the road. But now, it's becoming more regular. Even though I don't have the Leaf anymore, the Rav is a little more inconspicuous.

Welcome and cudos on your Leaf . When I ordered mine from Scott Clark in charlotte I think they said it was driven up from that dealership in Columbia. Something around an 88 mile drive.
Don

Crying my eyes out tonight! Hail storm hit our house tonight and did significant damage to all 4 of our cars. 2 broke windshields and lots of hood, roof and trunk dents. My daughters fiat 500 is less than 2 months old, and my leaf is 2 days old! Waaaahhhhhhh! I guess this means 2000 in deductibles. At least the 2 windshields that got smashed will be free. I have been in South Carolina for 40 years now, and I have avoided hail damage until now. Hail was marble to tennis ball sized and it came down in a solid mass for 5 minutes or so. I will have to check for roof damage too. My only consolation is that my nissan dealer is about 2 miles from me, and I'm sure he's got a lot of damaged cars on the lot which really sucks for them cause they were planning a big memorial day sale.
Ah, mother nature.
Dave

Dave:

So sorry to hear about the hail damage. Good luck being one of the few Leaf owners in SC. I'm down in Charleston and there is virtually no charging infrastructure in the lower part of the state. Columbia isn't too bad. The furthest my Leaf has been is Columbia (twice) and got recharged for free along with the parking at the Taylor Street Garage. After 3 hours, enough to get back to Orangeburg where I was working both times and stayed over.

There is no reason why there shouldn't be 4 quick chargers along I-26, but Nissan won't support it due to the virtual nonexistence of Leafs in this State. There won't be any mileage increases for 2015 and it appears no further charging infrastructure down here. After 20,500 miles, I will be letting my lease expire in October. This is a great car and it is unfortunate Nissan and South Carolina couldn't do just a little to make it a better experience.

My next vehicle will be a horse and buggy as it will be safer over the deteriorating roads we have.

I loved the car, just wish I could have driven it more. Hope your luck (post hail) is better!

Mike

Blue 2012 SL

Mike,
I am sorry to hear that you are going to give up on the LEAF. I absolutely love my 2013 LEAF and I bought it used from the dealer. I know the charging infrastructure is extremely slim in the lowcountry. I am forming an electric vehicle owners club in my area, Bluffton, SC, and we will be working on convincing local municipalities to install electric vehicle chargers as well as talking to businesses about installing electric vehicle chargers. I hope you decide to stick with electric vehicles even if you decide to go with a plug in electric hybrid. Check out the local Drive electric week event we are holding in Bluffton, SC on September 20th.

In Mt Pleasant, where there are currently no public level two stations -- although rumored coming to Town Center.

Silver 2013 SV

Back