Greetings from the Mother Lode

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 40 amp circuit, but the Siemens only outputs 30, so it is a little slower than some, but for what I consider a relatively reasonable cost, it should be adequate for our needs.

Two points: first, a 30 amp EVSE is all that you can safely and legally use on a 40 amp circuit, because of the 80% duty requirement. Second, and this is good news: the 30 amp EVSE will charge your car as fast as it can possibly charge on L-2, as the Leaf's on board charger is still limited to a 27.5A max charge rate.

jjeff said:
SageBrush said:
It follows simply because a business that is paying out of pocket has every reason to buy a J1772 EVSE instead.
Unless like webeleafowners said, the merchant purchasing the EVSE was EV clueless and simply purchased the wrong EVSE to be compatible with all current EVs, never underestimate cluelessness, it's rampant
Actually, so far as I know such a business would not be reported on the Tesla map. I think (but am not positive) that the only destination chargers featured on the Tesla map participated in the Tesla program and therefore received the equipment for free, and often partial subsidy of the installation costs.

LeftieBiker said:
I have a 40 amp circuit, but the Siemens only outputs 30, so it is a little slower than some, but for what I consider a relatively reasonable cost, it should be adequate for our needs.

Two points: first, a 30 amp EVSE is all that you can safely and legally use on a 40 amp circuit, because of the 80% duty requirement. Second, and this is good news: the 30 amp EVSE will charge your car as fast as it can possibly charge on L-2, as the Leaf's on board charger is still limited to a 27.5A max charge rate.

Close enough for government work. For the picky:

1. 40*0.8 = 32
2. If I am not mistaken, the LEAF will pull a maximum of 27.5 Amps from the meter. The Amps reaching the battery will be ~ 10% less so about 6 kW

With the power company turning off the electricity I have been getting a ride to work. I have a level2 nearby but it is not powered either.
I live at 3,000 elevation and work at 1,500 but there is a river canyon where I go down 1,000 them back up.
Regenerative brakes do not give as much back as I would like, but they make it so that I can exceed the rates capacity of the battery when I am going downhill. The return trip I can only do about half of that.

Back