2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DougWantsALeaf said:
Now I did get 36.2 KIlowatts in that time. Or 0-125% or so of a 30 Leaf. Sweet spot seems to be about a 15-20 minute charge from near the bottom where you can pull 1.4-1.5 Kilowatts a minute.

Good to know. Our 2020 will replace our 2016 for long trips. We’ll use the 2016 for shorter work commutes.

Looks like we’ll be making an annual trip from BC interior to SOCAL once a year. 2150 km. Used to take ya 4 to 5 days in the grand Cherokee depending on route. We travel about 550 - 600 km per day. Lots of stops for the two of us and the chihuahua. Might have to rethink our route though. Use to take Hwy 97 till I5. Chademo kinda week as you get close to the border. Maybe it will improve by then.

Olympia Dave,

Now one thing I did notice is that my SOH has only gone down .03 in the last 21 days, which is substantially slower than I saw in the first few months where it seemed like it was about .01 a day or 3.5% a year. It is colder, and I haven’t been doing charges above about 90%, but it would be great if 97% is where the degradation flattens our.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Olympia Dave,

Now one thing I did notice is that my SOH has only gone down .03 in the last 21 days, which is substantially slower than I saw in the first few months where it seemed like it was about .01 a day or 3.5% a year. It is colder, and I haven’t been doing charges above about 90%, but it would be great if 97% is where the degradation flattens our.

Well bigger pack, more modules; it would be expected that the BMS would level out sooner than the 40 kwh. Mine leveled out around 7.5% so expecting the E Plus to be 4-5 %. 3% would be great.

That seems a bit off topic on this thread but yes if you go to Nissan's sight and for example pick an SV Plus to build you can find an option for a wireless charger for a couple hundred dollars.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Is there a way to change the y axis values in Leaf spy. I would like to see values above 50 KW, though not above 50 C.

The current beta version is supposed to show it but its not working for me. I am still getting around to contacting Jim (LEAF Spy developer) about it. There is a thread here you can also make requests/bug reports.

While I prefer to charge my phone wirelessly as well another thing to keep in mind is as far as I know you have to connect to the USB port to be able to use Android Auto, I am not certain but would not be surprised that Apple Car Play worked in the same fashion. I have the tech and all weather package, no wireless charging though I wirelessly charge my phone at home and work.

salyavin said:
While I prefer to charge my phone wirelessly as well another thing to keep in mind is as far as I know you have to connect to the USB port to be able to use Android Auto, I am not certain but would not be surprised that Apple Car Play worked in the same fashion. I have the tech and all weather package, no wireless charging though I wirelessly charge my phone at home and work.

I also prefer wireless charging which is what I do at home 100% but I still only charge it to ~ 90% so on longer road trips, sometimes plugging in for a boost is needed although my phone is still relatively new and that is quite rare yet. I might have to think about getting a car wireless charger but at this point I am not really seeing the benefit of it. My XL 2 (which is my LEAF Spy phone) didn't have wireless charging and its charging port is still in good shape although I have a charging stand for it which I think helped maintain the port.

Here is an early 2018 with 100K Km. Interestingly, he is at 88% SOH

It’s looking like at about year 3 we will start to see high mileage gen 2’s lose a bar.

Any high mileage 62Kw models (maybe 50K KM) out there? My 10K Km doesn’t come close.

webeleafowners said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
Leaf is the 0-60 king in the TFL video. Everything else a bit of a wash.

https://youtu.be/2Qk-z7IHT6Y

It was interesting seeing the zero to 60 times. Seems to me I have seen the Eplus as having mid 6 times though...or better.

MT tested them at 6.5

The testers did not figure out how to disable Traction Control- at least on the Plus S this is possible, they were testing an SL or some up- scale plus......

dmacarthur said:
The testers did not figure out how to disable Traction Control- at least on the Plus S this is possible, they were testing an SL or some up- scale plus......

Its possible on EVERY LEAF.

https://youtu.be/fNvC3BG4Syg

More fleet sales: :)

https://www.romseyadvertiser.co.uk/news/18133341.electric-cars-now-used-council-deliver-school-meals-across-county/

Regarding 0-60 it looks like a gravel laden road, so possible traction was low reducing 0-60 as well.

Nice comparison of cars run to empty at 7C or about 43F.

https://insideevs.com/news/392789/evs-driven-until-battery-dead/

Leaf fared 208 miles, which was pretty good. The Niro was probably most impressive at 255 miles. Given its battery (per UDDS testing) is only about 3.7 kWh larger than the Plus, and with same aerodynamics, Kia did a great job driving efficiency.

In some ways its more impressive than the model 3 as it has a smaller battery and much smaller price tag (255 miles vs 269.7 miles on same course and time). Nissan needs a 3.1 release to tweak up efficiency. They could probably get 10 miles out of just tweaking the eco mode to smooth out the power curve farther. Yelling into the void.

Back