Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimLee said:
Still two earther entries. One with delivered Leaf on 04-22-2011, other shows cancelled status.

not really an error. (the notes/comments section of the spreadsheet explains the apparent discrepancy. in short: i was yet another "victim" of the late admit EVProject bug)

earther said:
TimLee said:
Still two earther entries. One with delivered Leaf on 04-22-2011, other shows cancelled status.
not really an error. (the notes/comments section of the spreadsheet explains the apparent discrepancy. in short: i was yet another "victim" of the late admit EVProject bug)
But it was a single reservation, a single initial order of an SV, and then a revision of the order to an SL with QC once EV Project expanded to your area and you were accepted. Shouldn't that be a single spreadsheet entry, with those details or the earlier SV and its VIN in the notes / comments instead of two entries? Seems like Canceled should be actual cancellation of Leaf purchase?

Thanks to all who updated the spreadsheet with Dealer Dashboard Manufactured Date and Ordered On Date.
The last two updates show six vehicles manufactured after my manufacture date of 03-10-2011 (day before earthquake / tsunami).
Two manufactured 03-24-2011, two 03-25-2011, one 03-28-2011, and one manufactured on 04-14-2011.
And two of these have been delivered!!
One on 05-05-2011, the other shows 05-12-2011 (which has to be in error since today is 05-09-2011). Only couple weeks after their arrival in Long Beach on the Hoegh Inchon.
I thought my dashboard projected delivery of 05-12-2011 was crazy, but there's a chance it could be right. Still hard to understand how some pre-earthquake cars have been at Long Beach for two months and aren't delivered yet.
Also interesting to note that four of these show a Dealer Dashboard Ordered On Date of 04-11-2011. I initially thought that must be erroneous.
But maybe not. Maybe Nissan is doing some changes in the order system and reassigning vehicles that are already manufactured to the earlier reservations / orders? First signs I've seen of this.

leafkabob said:
Just updated my entry. Got VIN 2530 this morning, with a new estimated delivery date of 5/30/11. Much better than "July" and no VIN. ;)

Well, perhaps the price of sticking with blue is 6 weeks or so. I was not invited to switch colors. I ordered before you. And I am still month of July.

Good call, Leafkabob. I will just keep waiting.

Two things.

1. It looks like the spreadhseet got hacked. Many dates for cars delivered recently seem messed up.
2. It looks like Nissan is moving heaven and earth to deliver Leafs to the Forgotten September orderers before it delivers to January and February orderers. Will October orders follow?

BlueSL said:
2. It looks like Nissan is moving heaven and earth to deliver Leafs to the Forgotten September orderers before it delivers to January and February orderers.

You have to be joking, right? There are many January's that have already received their cars, not just the ones on this forum. Moving heaven and earth has taken them over 2 months! This is how long it has been in LB before estimated delivery.

Many dates are being formatted as numbers. The values are correct (number of days since Dec 31,1899) but our brains aren't used to seeing 40677 instead of 5/15/2011 (or the much more reasonable 2011-05-15 that I prefer to use).

Ray

Ok this is really pissing me off. I fixed this last night. I even went back and checked it again after smkettner's post and it all looked fine. Now I look again and it's all screwed up.

Looks good now :)

Although if the two guys from TX can figure out that they did not order on 4/20/2010
And the rest that have no idea what their order date is could please figure it out and give some updates.

What is the point of having your name up and no useful info or posting complete errors.
It is not Turbo2lr's problem to correct all the junk. Get with it people or don't participate.

We expect so much from Nissan and so little of ourselves.

(just my rant for the day) ;)

turbo has been gracious enough to give me access to the sheet along with detailed instructions, so I will also be assisting with keeping things updated as I have time.

I do agree that some of the bad entries should be cleaned up: Robertwray and mckemie for example which contains clearly erroneous data - how should we deal with them?

drees said:
turbo has been gracious enough to give me access to the sheet along with detailed instructions, so I will also be assisting with keeping things updated as I have time.

I do agree that some of the bad entries should be cleaned up: Robertwray and mckemie for example which contains clearly erroneous data - how should we deal with them?
For the moment, color code them as erroneous and put them at the end (last rows) of the spreadheet. If the errors are so bad as to make the entire entry useless, and there have been no updates to it in the last 3? months, then delete it.

Entries that seem mostly correct, have some value, but are maybe a bit stale, I think still add some value and should be left in order. You could color code entries that haven't been updated for over 1? 2? months as stale.

If an entry appears to have a valid VIN, it's probably worth keeping for VIN tracking, especially if there is an associated valid forum id. Entries that we want to keep but are too erroneous or incomplete to be useful in order tracking could be moved to a new tab in the spreadsheet, "Partial entries" or "Incomplete entries". Preserving partials may be useful for at least a short time, in case someone submits the change form with not enough information, sees the feedback in the spreadsheet that their entry is partial and can see that they need to improve it.

drees said:

If there is clearly incorrect data such as missing or bad order date and there is no update in the last 30 days.... I say delete the entry.
If there is an update in the last 30 days then maybe send a PM for submitting a correction. Still 30 days old and zap.
Or just send a PM why it was deleted and let them re add correct info.

Entries that are incorrect and abondoned should be deleted. Worst case scenario is they can add themselves back with some real and correct info.

Bad data tends to wreck real information.

Back