4/22 Dashboard delivery dates inexplicably on hold?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyodublin

No one seems to know why those of us stuck on a DB delivery date of 4/22 for weeks now, are still on "HOLD."
Could a Nissan PD please try to get an answer for us poor suckers?
Why the hold? Many with early May ETA's on DB are already getting their cars delivered!
What's up Nissan?

Boyo, we have the same PD -- have they been any help for you? I haven't even been able to get much of an answer from them... of course, my dates moved from April -> May -> pending -> June and have been stuck at June without a VIN... so maybe you're in a better spot than I am. Our orders are pretty close together too.

My date has started as week of April 28, then April 26, then May 3 after the earthquake. I chatted with customer rep yesterday 5/4 to find out the delivery status of my white Leaf. After she checked and came back to tell me my car is in port already. It is just matter shipping to my dealer. I asked if she has any
ideal when I would get it, the reply was that she was not sure but should be soon. I asked how soon, is it one day or one month. She came back with because
logistic with shipping, you should get it soon like a week or so. I told her it is really disappointing that the communication broke down since I have not gotten the 7 days email yet. She said that I will get an email for sure before the Leaf arrive. Does it mean I have to wait for another week or more since I haven't seen
the 7 days yet. My vin # 1929.

4/22 - Boardwalk - "hold"

Someone dress up as a port employee and kidnap someone and force them to cough up the details! we already have aerial pics so this seems like the next logical step. ;-)

I was stuck on 4/18 until today (5/5) where all of a sudden it updated to 5/13.

I think there are a few reasons you may be stuck on a date - in my case there was some story about my car being one of the 'pollen' affected, so it needed to go through some 'procedure' to clean it or fix the paint job.

I also think they update dates when all cars for a specific dealer are ready to be shipped on a specific shipment.

In addition, I think Nissan does not update its web site every day - so even though there may be some progress on your car or your date is moved, you won't know until they do.

kinschan said:
She said that I will get an email for sure before the Leaf arrive. Does it mean I have to wait for another week or more since I haven't seen the 7 days yet. My vin # 1929.

Never got any 7 day email before being called by the dealer to say "car is here". Just saying.

4/18, Mossy Oceanside, VIN 2060. No 7-day email yet. Nissan CS says its at port. Both dealer and I have given up on trying to guess when the actual delivery will be.

Finally decided to try the online CS chat. It's at the port, waiting for accessories:

• protection package
    splash guards
    floor and cargo mats
    organization package

Luckily, apparently they have this in stock:

• safety kit

If you can believe that. I mean, any of that, not just that last part. Can it be that everyone getting their cars now has none of those items in the first list?

We are the second wave of forgotten/mislaid orders (even if we do have VINs).

lonndoggie said:
Finally decided to try the online CS chat. It's at the port, waiting for accessories:

• protection package
    splash guards
    floor and cargo mats
    organization package
My Leaf is on hold (4/22). Only accessory ordered: floor mats
Fontana Nissan only knows my car is on hold, not why.

The Accessories backorder excuse is 100% unfiltered high-nitrogen BS.

My car is delivered, yet supposedly still on hold for accessories. What does that tell you.

The floor mats come in a box tossed in the trunk. One size and color fits all.

GroundLoop said:
The Accessories backorder excuse is 100% unfiltered high-nitrogen BS. My car is delivered, yet supposedly still on hold for accessories. What does that tell you.
I thought it was fishy, thanks for confirming it is 100% BS.

4/22 also. boardwalk. on hold. for accessories. supposedly its the floor mats. they were supposed to send me an update email today but never did.

Interesting thing happened this week!
After being told my car was on hold at port for AC fix a few weeks ago, CS told me this week that the car had actually had the fix done at the factory (?). I read another forum member stating the same scenario and confusion about this information.

This got me thinking about the whole thing of getting a vin #, and how that was supposed to indicate that the car was actually landed at the port.

Well, if the AC fix was done at factory, the car couldn't have been at the port as stated on numerous CS calls.

I suggest the slight possibility that we stuck on 4/22 folks were actually part of the forgotten, jumped over, group that they couldn't find landed cars for, so they assigned us vins from cars that were soon to be en route.

Another ship arrived in yesterday at Long Beach, maybe our babies have arrived, and maybe they will fast track them out to us......maybe...maybe....
Well, we can all dream can't we?

All sounds a bit too much like a conspiracy theory, but hey, none of this makes any sense....60 days sitting at a port 10 miles away from my dealer?....

Back