Canada- Reservations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ElectricAvenue said:
Bitterest said:
As I understand it, if you paid the $99 then you're in the first wave of 40 and they are also the folks with Transaction IDs (not confirmations) that end in <= 40. I snagged 12' a friend I know had 18.

Anyone get over Tx ID 40 and get to pay the $99?

Does 1CA07174 count as over 40?

The transaction number is only available once, just after you completed payment, assuming the website worked properly. If you didn't record it then, I don't think you can access it, except possibly by phoning Nissan.

tesla500 said:
The transaction number is only available once, just after you completed payment, assuming the website worked properly. If you didn't record it then, I don't think you can access it, except possibly by phoning Nissan.

Ah. I never saw that page, as the site simply did not respond for more than 10 minutes after I pressed the button to authorize payment. I brought up a different web browser and logged in and was happy to see that it said the reservation was complete, and that the fee had been paid.

I'm chiming in to say I also have a reservation number. The website crashed right after my payment went though (never saw the transaction ID screen though, the page timed out).
I have BD74C7F8 (should we really be posting these on the internet?)

I have the same issue as ElectricAvenue, where I am unable to book the home assessment (even if I wanted to... which I don't).
I tried calling in on the first day and the American was unable to help me as they had no information for the Canadian release.
I tried calling them again later and they said I have to wait for another email. (other than my reservation confirmation email)
They didn't access my account to check why the home reservation was blocked, once again, not very useful. I'll try again this week.

I was under the impression that the Canadian 2011 leafs will have the cold weather package, but the American on the phone said only the 2012 cars will have this. Can anyone confirm this?

gboudreau said:
Right now (as I understand things to be), Nissan just finished delivering out the fleet cars, and the 40 remaining customer cars are currently sitting in Mississauga, when your system opens up, you basically just get the closest thing to what you want.

Gboudreau, how do you know this? does this mean the first 40 are the demo cars have been around places like the green living show (Toronto)?

jclemens said:
I was under the impression that the Canadian 2011 leafs will have the cold weather package, but the American on the phone said only the 2012 cars will have this. Can anyone confirm this?

gboudreau said:
Right now (as I understand things to be), Nissan just finished delivering out the fleet cars, and the 40 remaining customer cars are currently sitting in Mississauga, when your system opens up, you basically just get the closest thing to what you want.

Gboudreau, how do you know this? does this mean the first 40 are the demo cars have been around places like the green living show (Toronto)?
Statik said that, not me.

As for the CW package, all the Canadian LEAF will have it, both 2011 and 2012 models. For the US LEAF, CW packages was not an option on the 2011, but will be a available on the 2012. Also to note, CW package is included on all LEAF sold in Canada; it's not optional like it will be in the US.

For those who have a reservation, I was told that the RAQ (request a quote, from your preferred dealer) would start mid next week (so around September 7-8 I'd guess). I'll report back when I'm able to start this next step myself.

We eager 'LEAF owners-to-be' here in BC have not heard of any incentives offered by our two levels of government. Do you yet know, what steps you in ON and QC need to jump through to claim the financial refunds offered by your governments?

PeterMiller said:
We eager 'LEAF owners-to-be' here in BC have not heard of any incentives offered by our two levels of government. Do you yet know, what steps you in ON and QC need to jump through to claim the financial refunds offered by your governments?
In QC, starting in January 2012, the tax rebate that was offered will be converted into a rebate. The amount is the same for the LEAF (8000$), but if you buy it before that date, you get a tax rebate, not a rebate.
When I bought my last hybrid, in 2008, all I needed to do was fill a downloadable PDF form to claim my rebate, which arrived some weeks later in the mail. Nothing complicated. I'd expect the same for the current tax rebate, or the future rebate.
Some ref:
New program: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/centre-information/nf/2011/2011-05-04.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current program: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/credits/credits/credit_remb/vehicule_eco/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The LEAF falls into the "Vehicule, other than a low-speed vehicle, using no fuel" category, in the current program.
The form to complete, under the current program: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/sepf/formulaires/tp/tp-1029_8_36_ec.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jclemens said:
I'm chiming in to say I also have a reservation number. The website crashed right after my payment went though (never saw the transaction ID screen though, the page timed out).

I have the same issue as ElectricAvenue, where I am unable to book the home assessment (even if I wanted to... which I don't).
I tried calling in on the first day and the American was unable to help me as they had no information for the Canadian release.
I tried calling them again later and they said I have to wait for another email. (other than my reservation confirmation email)
They didn't access my account to check why the home reservation was blocked, once again, not very useful. I'll try again this week.

statik said:

how do you know this? does this mean the first 40 are the demo cars have been around places like the green living show (Toronto)?

Actually, what I should have said is all the 40 cars have landed.

Of those, they have a good bulk of the 40 customer cars in Mississauga...not 'the' exact 40 customer cars. They have both some for fleet and some for customers (actually more than 40)...although fleets have already left/are going out. Nissan also has some alotted for customers in the pen in BC as well.

jclemens said:

You get varying degrees of skill sets when you call. The US call center is also the Canadian call center, everything is routing from the same place.

That being said, Canadian reservation numbers will NOT queue up on their system, same thing for your email address. They have to toggle into the Canadian system, which usually means they have to put you on hold and find someone with a bigger brain to help you.

Statik said:

Of those, they have a good bulk of the 40 customer cars in Mississauga...not 'the' exact 40 customer cars. They have both some for fleet and some for customers (actually more than 40)...although fleets have already left/are going out. Nissan also has some alotted for customers in the pen in BC as well.

Hi Statik. Thanks for your helpful posts. I'm wondering, however, why Nissan would ship cars to Mississauga then all the way back out to the coast. That makes no sense. I would have assumed that cars to be delivered to B.C. would be allocated from some future shipment from Japan, arriving either directly by ship or via rail from a major port on the west coast.

But then, you say, "in the pen in BC" - what pen? Are you referring to cars being in a lot somewhere in Vancouver?

Wherever the cars are, if they're already in Canada, why have they not opened the ordering process? What would be the purpose of delaying? If I had $1.6 million worth of inventory that people are eager to pay for, I'd be, you know, selling it to them.

You speak as if you have information about Nissan's internal operations, so maybe I'm missing something. The fact that Nissan will say nothing more than "the next step is an email inviting you to order" suggests to me that the cars to be sold in Canada haven't even been built yet.

These have just arrived in the mail, with a neat little CD-type package. Is this a good sign?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3090749/Nissan%20Window%20Decals.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PeterMiller said:
These have just arrived in the mail, with a neat little CD-type package. Is this a good sign?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3090749/Nissan%20Window%20Decals.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got the same thing (via Purolator). I was hoping it would tell me something useful, but... no. I wish they'd stop marketing the thing to me, I'm already sold. :D

I had actually made the suggestion, in June, to send out a bumper sticker to all early responders "My Next Car is a NISSAN LEAF!"

The wording on these is clever but they're not bumper stickers. Are they supposed to be 'wiped' onto the inside of the rear window?

ElectricAvenue said:
Statik said:

Hi Statik. Thanks for your helpful posts. I'm wondering, however, why Nissan would ship cars to Mississauga then all the way back out to the coast. That makes no sense. I would have assumed that cars to be delivered to B.C. would be allocated from some future shipment from Japan, arriving either directly by ship or via rail from a major port on the west coast.

But then, you say, "in the pen in BC" - what pen? Are you referring to cars being in a lot somewhere in Vancouver?

Wherever the cars are, if they're already in Canada, why have they not opened the ordering process? What would be the purpose of delaying? If I had $1.6 million worth of inventory that people are eager to pay for, I'd be, you know, selling it to them.

You speak as if you have information about Nissan's internal operations, so maybe I'm missing something. The fact that Nissan will say nothing more than "the next step is an email inviting you to order" suggests to me that the cars to be sold in Canada haven't even been built yet.

HowDee,

Thats why I came back to correct myself, I realized that i said that they were already landed...and in Mississauga, which the bulk of them are (Toronto took the bulk of the 100 cars), but failed to mention that there was an alottment in BC as well.

I have no clue why they haven't opened the process, the just finished shipping out the demo LEAFs to all the approved dealers last week, so maybe they were waiting for that, or for the test drive event to start? I dunno. I do know that when your talking about electric cars, you can triple the amount of wait time that you expected when you first started out, lol.

I am pretty close to the ground on all things EV, and do have different levels of direct contact with the GM/Nissan/Ford execs, thanks to various writing gigs/past site ownerships around the internets, lol. That being said, not everything pans out to be the way it is reported to me...but it usually does.

/dont think you will be waiting much longer

I just wanted to let the other Canadians know that I was able to order the SPX Power Xpresshttps://www.homecharging.spx.com/volt/Display.aspx?id=25&menu=13 with a Canadian credit card and shipping to a Canadian address!

The freight is 75$ sounds like a lot, but when you think it is 10%, it isn't bad. I have no idea if there will be duty/broker fees. The thing also looks a bit heavier than the random eBay items I've bought in the past.

I'm also posting this because the 749$ is an introductory price, I'm pretty sure it will go up to match most other EVSE prices once their roll-out is complete, but when I asked, she couldn't confirm anything. She told me it could take up to 90days for this to leave the werehouse, I don't mind since I'm in no hurry with no car to charge just yet anyways.

They always mention that it can take up to 90 days but mine was shipped in 2 days and arrived shortly after that.

It requires a bit of work to install the pigtail (if you want it to be plug-in), just read the instructions well before starting and you will have it done in about 30 minutes. Congrats on your purchase, it is a very good unit and I think you will not be disappointed.

jclemens said:
I have no idea if there will be duty/broker fees.

Just saw my confirmation email, there will be no additional tax/broker fees because they have it properly set up for Canada. (HST paid)
Code:
        Item                  Quantity       Price     Discount     Amount
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
EL-50600                              1      749.00                  749.00
CHARGING STATION,EVSE,240V                   Estimated Ship Date 09-28-2011
FREIGHT                                        0.00                   75.00
FREIGHT CHARGE (US)                          Estimated Ship Date 09-28-2011

T A X  S U M M A R Y
   Tax Authority                Rate                                Amount
   GST/HST                     13.000                              107.12
                                                              Total Amount
Delivery  : PREPAY AND ADD TO INVOICE                    Sales Rep :
Payment   : CREDIT CARD
Forwarding Agent : BWG BEST WAY GROUND
Permission must be obtained before returning any material.
All claims for errors or shortage must be made within 10 days.  Please
review your shipping terms and contact us if you would like changes made.
This is an auto-generated e-mail.  Please do not reply to this message.
IF you do not wish to receive notification e-mails in the future,
please send an e-mail to:
           [email protected]
please include your SPX Customer Number.

Just as a random thing/update:

The system is now opening on those 40 reservations for this year's LEAF alottments, and "request a quote"s are available for many of the 40. Deliveries to individuals start on Friday.

Statik said:

The system is now opening on those 40 reservations for this year's LEAF alottments, and "request a quote"s are available for many of the 40. Deliveries to individuals start on Friday.
Indeed. I can confirm that I was just able to RAQ from my dealer, after having waived the home assessment.

The RAQ email I received mentioned 3-4 months for delivery after the order was placed, but I think that will not apply for those 40 reservations of MY2011 in Canada. My guess is that it would take a couple of weeks max.

gboudreau said:
Statik said:

Indeed. I can confirm that I was just able to RAQ from my dealer, after having waived the home assessment.

The RAQ email I received mentioned 3-4 months for delivery after the order was placed, but I think that will not apply for those 40 reservations of MY2011 in Canada. My guess is that it would take a couple of weeks max.

Good news for you too, (=

Your right about the delivery thing, that is just a generic template. You should be getting a call from your dealer to try to merry you up with a car that is close to what you want, with the inventory as best they can.

Back