Canada- Reservations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you get an email notification letting you know it was time for a RAQ? my leaf.nissan.ca page still has everything blocked. (except reservation info) my dealer is 401 dixie nissan, should i contact them first? i am not expecting them to know anything.

jclemens said:
did you get an email notification letting you know it was time for a RAQ? my leaf.nissan.ca page still has everything blocked. (except reservation info) my dealer is 401 dixie nissan, should i contact them first? i am not expecting them to know anything.
Yes, I received an email telling me to login, and the RAQ step was a avail.

I just dropped by my Nissan dealer, and asked them to give me a quote.
They had received my RAQ, and gave me my quote within 10 minutes. I received the quote on the LEAF portal, but had to come back home to accept it, since the website didn't work well enough on my iPhone to allow me to accept the offer.
I now accepted the offer, so I guess it's back to my dealer to order the thing, and deliver it pronto! :)

My LEAF portal now looks like this:
Image%202011.09.21%203:38:01%20PM.png

I will be test driving the Leaf tomorrow (Friday Sept.23rd) and was told by the Dealer (Hunt-Club Nissan in Ottawa) that they will be delivering their first Leaf on that very same day.

I don't have the reserve option yet either. I wonder if being on the west coast, or one of the later reservations (#35) puts me later on the list.

For those of you that have the Aerovironment waiver, does your home assessment still say "schedule yours"? I hope my waiver has bee applied properly.

David

tesla500 said:
I don't have the reserve option yet either. I wonder if being on the west coast, or one of the later reservations (#35) puts me later on the list.

For those of you that have the Aerovironment waiver, does your home assessment still say "schedule yours"? I hope my waiver has bee applied properly.

David
The home assessment step on the web portal never changed for me after I added the waiver, so I'd bet "Schedule yours" is fine.
You can still call the hotline, and ask them to confirm the waiver is in place.
When you'll receive the email to RAQ, you'll get a first screen before where you'll need to confirm the waiver before you can continue.

gboudreau said:
The home assessment step on the web portal never changed for me after I added the waiver, so I'd bet "Schedule yours" is fine.
When you'll receive the email to RAQ, you'll get a first screen before that where you'll need to confirm the waiver.

Thanks. I gave them a call and they said the waiver is set up, so it looks like I'm fine.

tesla500 said:
gboudreau said:
When you'll receive the email to RAQ, you'll get a first screen before that where you'll need to confirm the waiver.

Thanks. I gave them a call and they said the waiver is set up, so it looks like I'm fine.

These discussions got me thinking "did I set up that waiver after cancelling the AV assessment?" so I called CS to do so. While talking to the guy, he indicated that I would not be in line for one of these first few cars (the 2011) and would have to wait for next year's. I told him that I had gone through the reservation process on Aug 27 and had my $99 charged. He still seemed convinced I'm not getting a car yet. I have my 8 character reservation confirmation, so can anyone out there tell me; am I on the short list for this year, or should I be calling back and asking to "speak to somebody in command"?
I don't see the option to order yet on my dashboard.

myev said:
These discussions got me thinking "did I set up that waiver after cancelling the AV assessment?" so I called CS to do so. While talking to the guy, he indicated that I would not be in line for one of these first few cars (the 2011) and would have to wait for next year's. I told him that I had gone through the reservation process on Aug 27 and had my $99 charged. He still seemed convinced I'm not getting a car yet. I have my 8 character reservation confirmation, so can anyone out there tell me; am I on the short list for this year, or should I be calling back and asking to "speak to somebody in command"?
If you check the reservation confirmation email you've received on Aug. 27, what is the time of that email (EDT or PDT) ?
Mine is dated 12:35pm EDT, and I was able to order my LEAF on Wednesday.

gboudreau said:
If you check the reservation confirmation email you've received on Aug. 27, what is the time of that email (EDT or PDT) ?

My email was received 9:42:29 AM PDT, so 12:42:29 PM EDT according to the mail server.
In the email itself, it says "Reserved on : 27-Aug-2011 11:17", no mention of time zone. I know I finished the payment about 17 minutes after the start of reservation at 9AM PDT.

Was the date you mentioned what the mail server said or what the email itself said?

tesla500 said:
gboudreau said:

My email was received 9:42:29 AM PDT, so 12:42:29 PM EDT according to the mail server.
In the email itself, it says "Reserved on : 27-Aug-2011 11:17", no mention of time zone. I know I finished the payment about 17 minutes after the start of reservation at 9AM PDT.

Was the date you mentioned what the mail server said or what the email itself said?
Email body: "Reserved on: 27-Aug-2011 11:08"
Email header: "Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:34:51 -0500 (CDT)"

From what I remember, I finished my reservation around 12:30, so the email header would be right, and the body wouldn't.
*edit: In fact, I think maybe the email body says I started the reservation procedure at 11h08 CDT, which would be about right for the time I submitted the 1st form on the web portal. Maybe they use that date/time to see who reserved before who, and not the time at which the reservation procedure was completed...

Nissan said it took 2h until they closed the reservations system, but they didn't clearly state if it was just for the 40 MY2011, or if that included the first MY2012 too... So maybe you've reserved an early MY2012.

gboudreau said:

Strangely, mine is also 12:35 EDT (16:35:40 UTC in the header). I was pretty quick getting through the initial process, but things bogged down when I was trying to get an AV assessment date (which I since cancelled).
I'm not convinced that calling the dealership will help either, as I think they're getting their info from Nissan Canada.

Just looked at my account dashboard, and there at the bottom is a 2011 Leaf in the colour I chose, so can I use that as evidence that I am one of the lucky 40?

myev said:
Strangely, mine is also 12:35 EDT (16:35:40 UTC in the header). I was pretty quick getting through the initial process, but things bogged down when I was trying to get an AV assessment date (which I since cancelled).
I'm not convinced that calling the dealership will help either, as I think they're getting their info from Nissan Canada.
They are indeed not involved until you RAQ, where you specify your preferred dealer, which would then become involved.

myev said:
Just looked at my account dashboard, and there at the bottom is a 2011 Leaf in the colour I chose, so can I use that as evidence that I am one of the lucky 40?
Don't think so. I don't think the portal knew it only had 40 2011 cars for sale. Plus, the MY2012 will be the same as the MY2011 for the Canadian LEAFs, so it would only be a small typo on the portal and nothing more.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2011/09/23/ont-nissan-leaf-sale.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...The first mass-produced, zero-emissions car to be sold in Canada arrived at dealerships this week.
On Friday Ottawa man Ricardo Borba became the first Canadian to drive off with one of the 2011 Nissan Leafs...

TEG said:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2011/09/23/ont-nissan-leaf-sale.html

...The first mass-produced, zero-emissions car to be sold in Canada arrived at dealerships this week.
On Friday Ottawa man Ricardo Borba became the first Canadian to drive off with one of the 2011 Nissan Leafs...
Some more info about that can be found on
- Nissan Canada LEAF Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/NissanLEAF_CAN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Ricardo's Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/rborba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Ricardo's blog about his LEAF: http://canadianleaf.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

myev said:
tesla500 said:
gboudreau said:

Don't worry about it, you are definitely one of the 40, as I mentioned before, you get varying degrees of knowledge and skills when you cal the 800 number. Nissan cut the system down once the transaction ID number hit 10000040. So if they took your money, you are good.

They only opened the RAQ process to certain areas thus far. For example, if you are in eastern Ontario or Quebec, yours is most likely open because 'the Tour' has gone through....if you are in the GTA/west, not so much.

I believe the thought process behind this was to not open orders until the Tour got underway and through the east. If you are in Ontario (other than Ottawa area), the tour opens on Tuesday...so your up this week. Sit tight.

Statik said:
Don't worry about it, you are definitely one of the 40, as I mentioned before, you get varying degrees of knowledge and skills when you cal the 800 number. Nissan cut the system down once the transaction ID number hit 10000040. So if they took your money, you are good.

There seems to be a lot of confusion out there. Again, I hope you're right, but I really have my doubts.

My confirmation email said "Reserved on : 27-Aug-2011 11:47", which is bizarre because that doesn't make sense in any time zone that I can think of. They definitely have charged my credit card, so supposedly I'm one of the first 40. But...

I called the Ohio call centre today to request the assessment waiver. At the end I asked about the process, basically whether it was first-come first-served or if there were other criteria. I was told I was #116, and the email invitation should probably go out in October.

So, do you think that was totally pulled out of thin air, or what?

Statik said:
They only opened the RAQ process to certain areas thus far. For example, if you are in eastern Ontario or Quebec, yours is most likely open because 'the Tour' has gone through....if you are in the GTA/west, not so much.

I believe the thought process behind this was to not open orders until the Tour got underway and through the east. If you are in Ontario (other than Ottawa area), the tour opens on Tuesday...so your up this week. Sit tight.

It's funny to refer to everything west of Toronto as "GTA/west". :D Here in the extreme western end of the greater Toronto area (Victoria, BC), the dealer already has a car. I've driven it. So, I'm not sure what the point of waiting for the Tour would be - the car is already here!

ElectricAvenue said:
Statik said:

There seems to be a lot of confusion out there. Again, I hope you're right, but I really have my doubts.

My confirmation email said "Reserved on : 27-Aug-2011 11:47", which is bizarre because that doesn't make sense in any time zone that I can think of. They definitely have charged my credit card, so supposedly I'm one of the first 40. But...

I called the Ohio call centre today to request the assessment waiver. At the end I asked about the process, basically whether it was first-come first-served or if there were other criteria. I was told I was #116, and the email invitation should probably go out in October.

So, do you think that was totally pulled out of thin air, or what?

Statik said:

It's funny to refer to everything west of Toronto as "GTA/west". :D Here in the extreme western end of the greater Toronto area (Victoria, BC), the dealer already has a car. I've driven it. So, I'm not sure what the point of waiting for the Tour would be - the car is already here!

I think you have gotten a confused 800 person again. When you first reserved you got a transaction number for consumer delivers, which was ID 1000040 or less.

Again, if they have taken your money, you are definitely in the MY 2011 40 cars, but you have to match your order with there stock. Here is official work from Nissan directly on the process:

"Please keep in mind that there is an extremely high demand for a very limited number of 2011 Nissan LEAF vehicles, and access to the online reservation site is on a first-come, first-served basis. So be sure to act quickly when you receive your invitation email.

If reservations reach capacity and you are unable to reserve at that time, you will be the first to be notified of the second phase of reservations for the 2012 Nissan LEAF vehicles beginning in October."

As for the dealer having a car, I wouldn't put any stock in that, all 20-odd approved dealers took delivery of a car in early September, most have just been hiding them in the basement...either because they are waiting for the tour to start, or because they feel like the whole thing is a huge pain in the butt, having to show the car all day long when they know full well that wont sell one extra car or make a dime more between now and 2013.

edit/update: after oct 4th conference call with Nissan

Back