CARWINGS changing to Nissan Connect EV - ONLINE NOW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leafedbehind said:
Looks like the original app still works, and the new EV one is still not available. I was trying to use the NissanConnect one.

As of a few minutes ago I am unable to log into either the old app, or the new one. I was able to get into the new owner portal though.

RonDawg said:
leafedbehind said:
Looks like the original app still works, and the new EV one is still not available. I was trying to use the NissanConnect one.

As of a few minutes ago I am unable to log into either the old app, or the new one. I was able to get into the new owner portal though.

But try to get to actual the car info ... looks like they're still working on the transition because now when I click on the Nissan Connect EV tab AND recheck the 'accept' these terms, etc. it shows this:

'We were unable to complete your request

Please contact EV Customer Support at (877) NO GAS EV (or 877-664-2738)'.

Also both the smart phone and iPad app says that the setup isn't complete where all was working OK last night ...

EDIT: tried to reset on-board PIN and password before heading to work; still no luck

EDIT #2: so decided to call Nissan support; they were actually able to replicate the error on their side so now I have a case # and they'll call back when they have something else for me to try; did mention that at least initially it was working after the transition

Well, I logged into the new owner's portal using my old login, and added my email address, but it doesn't list my vehicle under "Manage Vehicle". If I click on the "add vehicle" button and put in my VIN, it tells me this car is already added to my account.

The Nissan Leaf app on IOS works with my email address and password, and I can connect to my car fine (I have not changed anything on my car).

Hoping the web portal issue with the missing car gets cleared up in the next few days; anyone else having this issue? It seems like @darrenf had this and someone else, but I'm not sure if they got this resolved.

Darrenf said:
Neither of those options are available to me. Catch 22 since I still can't add my car, as the VIN isn't being recognized.
If you don't see your car when you log in, then something is wrong with the account mapping.
Either it's not tied to the same e-mail address as carwings was, Nissan hasn't migrated the data for your account yet, or something is wrong.

That might be a case where you have to call them... :-(

desiv

Wow: I come back to check this thread ~12 hours later and there are pages of new posts! I don't know why everyone had so much trouble, but all I had to do was request a password reset (on the portal) and everything came up. Didn't have to do anything to my car (no PIN, nothing); looks like all my feeds and some of my driving history transferred. Best of all, my Leaf Link app works (once I entered my new login info). Count me as impressed with Nissan :!:

desiv said:
Darrenf said:
Neither of those options are available to me. Catch 22 since I still can't add my car, as the VIN isn't being recognized.
If you don't see your car when you log in, then something is wrong with the account mapping.
Either it's not tied to the same e-mail address as carwings was, Nissan hasn't migrated the data for your account yet, or something is wrong.

desiv

I did call them yesterday. They said they were unable to attach the vehicle to my account and would keep trying throughout the day. They said they would call me back at 10 EST today. We'll see what happens.

desiv said:
Darrenf said:

desiv

They actually did call back, and got the car on my account. Now I just need to wait for my wife to return home tonight to put the PIN and password in.

I just went through the process and required help. I called Nissan support at 855-426-6628-1-2 and spoke with Rachel. Rachel sent me a reset-password email, so I created a new password and was able to log into the new portal with that password and my email address. I was also able to use the updated android app with that password.

So the web portal is now working and the app is now working. Let's hope the car still works. ;)

I asked Rachel what she knows about the AT&T 2G going away issue. She said "they have been working on it for a long time", "I don't know what they will do" and "we're the last to find out." Oh well.

Bob

Bob said:
I asked Rachel what she knows about the AT&T 2G going away issue. She said "they have been working on it for a long time", "I don't know what they will do" and "we're the last to find out." Oh well.

Now that they've successfully replaced the "back end" of the CarWings system (without any requests for payment/subscription), I'm more confident that they will will provide a replacement for the "front end" of the system (e.g. a new modem for the car--although I don't expect that to be "free").

All good now -- last night I couldn't connect and the Owners section said there was a discrepancy with my car's VIN. But over night it reconciled that and connected. Now to see if the iOS app works too . . . .

Just called because my Leaf wasn't showing up in the owner's portal. The rep couldn't fix it but promised to escalate and do a call back within 24 to 48 hrs. She did mention that this one of the bugs the tech team has been working through since yesterday.

We'll see what happens....

Luckily I can still connect through the old app and my car still seems to be connected to carwings.

I'm fully re-connected after logging in with my email address. I did NOT re-register my pin and password with Carwings from my car dashboard, even though it told me to. I just waited a day.

I have my app access and full access to my driving history via browser again.

Two small bugs: the driving history labels the driving time in hours, but it is almost certainly in seconds. And the electricity consumption is labeled in KILO watt - hours, but it is almost certainly just WATT-hours. Units, people... Units....

Web page portal now shows vehicle it said I had, but did not show last night.
New IOS App still does not connect.
Old IOS App with new user ID sign on does work.
Kept user ID/password in Carwings set up in vehicle unchanged. Found carwings set up in vehicle could not handle full e-mail address so forced to leave unchanged.

Will wait to see if something changes with new IOS App.

DoobeeDude said:
I'm fully re-connected after logging in with my email address. I did NOT re-register my pin and password with Carwings from my car dashboard, even though it told me to. I just waited a day.

I have my app access and full access to my driving history via browser again.
I also just waited a day and Carwings on iOS and Android now work fine for me instead of giving me CARWINGS has not been set up errors (something along those lines.)

I didn't re-register or anything. and did NOTHING with respect to the Nissan owners page or whatever. I didn't even log in at all to that site between when people noticed problems and now. I don't think I've logged in w/my account to that page in weeks.

leafedbehind said:
Here's what I had to do to get past the "call this number" error:
- look at the new pin and password via the "edit vehicle" screen
- enter that into the car
- go back and look at the edit-vehicle screen again
- the ID had now changed to my old one, and a different password!
- enter that info into the car

After that, I was able to access carwings via the web, see my charge, etc. But I cannot get the app working. It asks me to add a vehicle. When I try entering my VIN, I get an error saying it is somehow invalid. Anyone having that problem? Shouldn't my car just show up after logging into the app?

Ugh. Utter crap! All this just to get back the functionality I had Monday.

After logging in with the new PIN and PW it gave me yesterday (which seemed to work, unlike for others), the portal loaded but wouldn't refresh data. Just tried the above (except the last step), and sure enough, my old UID is listed as PIN and a different password than yesterday are listed. I'll have to try those in the car when I go back out to it this afternoon.

App still won't log in, says "your session has expired". I also got a new phone over the weekend, I'm wondering if I should delete the app and reinstall, to flush out any

Update: I'm in pretty much the same position as the previous poster. The car has accepted the PIN and PASSWORD that Nissan generously provided (good thing I wrote them down -- had to enter multiple times, and I can no longer seem to get back to the page where they were on the website). But the Connect EV web page does not refresh and is not up-to-date; the new iOS App produces an error message when I try to connect, and the old iOS App says my session has expired even though it never started.

Wouldn't it be nice if this were easier and more straightforward, and if things actually worked?

mishakim said:
...I'll have to try those in the car when I go back out to it this afternoon.

App still won't log in, says "your session has expired". I also got a new phone over the weekend, I'm wondering if I should delete the app and reinstall, to flush out any

Putin the old UID as PIN, and the new new password, and everything works -- Web console refreshes, and old app logs in no problem, shows current status

mishakim said:
mishakim said:
...I'll have to try those in the car when I go back out to it this afternoon.

Putin the old UID as PIN, and the new new password, and everything works -- Web console refreshes, and old app logs in no problem, shows current status
web works anyway

Having same issue here...
Web Portal did not have my car, added the car, but it will not allow me to accept the terms for CARWINGS...
Called Nissan, they said they have to re-sync my car ID's to the account. Could take until Friday... :(

leafedbehind said:
Here's what I had to do to get past the "call this number" error:
- look at the new pin and password via the "edit vehicle" screen
- enter that into the car
- go back and look at the edit-vehicle screen again
- the ID had now changed to my old one, and a different password!
- enter that info into the car

After that, I was able to access carwings via the web, see my charge, etc. But I cannot get the app working. It asks me to add a vehicle. When I try entering my VIN, I get an error saying it is somehow invalid. Anyone having that problem? Shouldn't my car just show up after logging into the app?

Ugh. Utter crap! All this just to get back the functionality I had Monday.

Ok this works. Much obliged for the workaround.

Web works, app(s) give errors. I will skip the apps then. It did save all my prior efficiency data, though.
Platinum!

Back