deal or no deal?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedeuce

I'm looking at purchasing a new 2015 Leaf SV includes QC package and few other goodies (hologram plates, splash guards, floor mats, cargo net).

> $35,105 MSRP as configured
> $25,500 +TTL after the $5,000 NMAC discount
> I will also need to pay for the shipping *

* The inventory in my state is low so I'm looking at models out of my state and then ship to home.

If you have any feedback on this deal please chime in.
thanks!
:)

Hi lb-
why is the premium package so key here? I was thinking quick charger for sure is a good deal, but I'm not so convinced I need the Bose and the AroundView. What else am I missing out on that Premium Package provides?

Thanks!

Looks like a good deal, I like the brighter, whiter headlamps and NCTC is best used with QC if you have one nearby. Where will you be driving the most?

EVforRobert said:
Looks like a good deal, I like the brighter, whiter headlamps and NCTC is best used with QC if you have one nearby. Where will you be driving the most?

Mostly stop and go traffic and/or city back-streets. So I expect regenerative braking to be engaged most of the time. We have access to quite a lot of charging locations and can make use of the NCTC while parked at grocery and work locations. At home we intend to install a charging station.

thanks!

Leftie always recommends the premium pacakage as he likes the options it includes. As long as it has the features/options you want, that's what matters. You should be able to add a rear view (not around view) camera for ~$200 and a little effort...

Firetruck41 said:
Leftie always recommends the premium pacakage as he likes the options it includes. As long as it has the features/options you want, that's what matters. You should be able to add a rear view (not around view) camera for ~$200 and a little effort...

All 2015 models, even the lowly S, come standard with a rear view camera.

billg said:
Firetruck41 said:

Cool! :cool:

billg said:
Firetruck41 said:

Right, I'm very fine with the on-board factory installed backup camera on the 7" display that is standard in the SV. Actually the around-view was a bit trippy when trying to scan 3 mirrors, a backup camera and the 4-D all around angles...

I also have another option on the table, not the color we want but an SL with an out the door price of $27,000 ($36,470 MSRP) at a local dealership (no shipping needed).

Decisions decisions!
:) :) :)

sedeuce said:
I also have another option on the table, not the color we want but an SL with an out the door price of $27,000 at a local dealership (no shipping needed).

Decisions decisions!
:) :) :)

That price might come down a little more in a couple of days (last day of the month).

The two reasons I always recommend the Premium Package is that

A: Most people (including me) don't find the all-around view system particularly compelling when it's described, but quickly become addicted to it when they use it.

B: The resale value of a "Base" SV will be considerably lower than that of a typically equipped SV.

If neither of these things concern you, and you don't have any interest in satellite radio, then by all means get the Base SV - somebody needs to buy them. ;-)

Back