December delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
planet4ever said:
Incidentally, ever since my Y2K experiences I have insisted on using a date format beginning with a four-digit year followed by two digit month and two digit day except when a form forced me to do something different. i.e. today is 2010/10/05, not 10/5/10 or even 10/5/2010 or (as some countries often do) 5/10/2010. Putting the year last makes sorting more complicated, and leads to confusion as to whether month or day comes first.

Or use 10-Dec-2010.

ps : Funny thing is because of all the attention given to Y2K problems, most businesses made the necessary changes needed - and we had no problem - so the people claim Y2k problem was a hoax :shock:

planet4ever said:
smkettner said:
The computers were always OK, it is the human factor that causes the issue.
As a programmer who spent most of my time in 1999 fixing Y2K bugs, I might quibble with that statement. Though of course it was the human factor which created those Y2K bugs.

Incidentally, ever since my Y2K experiences I have insisted on using a date format beginning with a four-digit year followed by two digit month and two digit day except when a form forced me to do something different. i.e. today is 2010/10/05, not 10/5/10 or even 10/5/2010 or (as some countries often do) 5/10/2010. Putting the year last makes sorting more complicated, and leads to confusion as to whether month or day comes first.

agreed. why we would want to start sorting by a common factor that can apply to multiple months or years is beyond me

malloryk said:
just heard from Danny at Fontana--my car is showing Dec. delivery! :) Still not showing up in my dashboard though.

Ditto. Danny just called me as well to confirm that we are a Dec delivery! :) He stated that ONLY August orders are showing for a Dec delivery (so far???). Has anyone with a Sept order gotten a delivery month yet???

It is supposed to take about 30-45 days from order to generate a date for production but that seems to be running late Also dealers are likely looking at their print outs which show all their cars.

Back