December delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
I have, of course, just emailed for confirmation.
This to-be-confirmed date does fit in line with the previous reports about dealers receiving their demos starting on Dec 6th. Also, if your date is correct (for an 8/31 order date, right?), maybe more will be pleasantly surprised to end up with a December delivery date as well. :cool:

mwalsh said:
Friday, December 10th. :mrgreen:

At 12 or 12:30? Glad they could get it down to the day. That's quite a feat considering that cars on the way from the dock on a truck are tough to track by the day based on weather, etc, but I suppose you need to give a date.

EVDRIVER said:
At 12 or 12:30? Glad they could get it down to the day. That's quite a feat considering that cars on the way from the dock on a truck are tough to track by the day based on weather, etc, but I suppose you need to give a date.

Don't worry, I'll redact if incorrect. Though I may punish all and sundry by waiting until December 10th to do it. :p

mwalsh said:

Cool. That also confirms my suspicion that production sequencing has occurred. I think it likely that the break in ordering was triggerred in part because of the sequencing.

I guess you already checked the dashboard - and it still says pending.

evnow said:

No, the dealer...he said there is no date showing in his dashboard. The chap from PIA got the info from the dealer's wife, so I don't know if there is some kind of disconnect there, or if he's reluctant to give me specifics at this point.

Pinpointing a date is nothing if they expect to have the cars a week beforehand. I am guessing the car will be on the lot by the 5th or so. They are jus giving themselves plenty of time to prep it

evnow said:
mwalsh said:

Cool. That also confirms my suspicion that production sequencing has occurred. I think it likely that the break in ordering was triggerred in part because of the sequencing.

I seriously doubt production sequencing has begun since there are still many Sept. order people that haven't been able to order. And, as we were told so many times from so many different sources, that the delay in ordering (mostly based on delays with EVP) will not affect our order sequence and delivery.

leaffan said:
evnow said:
mwalsh said:

I seriously doubt production sequencing has begun since there are still many Sept. order people that haven't been able to order. And, as we were told so many times from so many different sources, that the delay in ordering (mostly based on delays with EVP) will not affect our order sequence and delivery.
I think the first sequence has been done and the production line will be hot within hours from now. But there is still plenty of time to sequence the last of the last group of orders for December delivery.

indyflick said:
leaffan said:
I think the first sequence has been done and the production line will be hot within hours from now. But there is still plenty of time to sequence the last of the last group of orders for December delivery.

That sounds plausible. :)

One might guess that Nissan would "assign" production slots in groups, perhaps a week at a time?

Sequencing a day at a time would seem ... too short, and trying for a full month's production might be optimistic at this early LEAF "budding" stage, though perhaps normal for cars that are in "full" production?

indyflick said:

Yes - it really depends on how many they plan to deliver in December and how many they have already scheduled. Let us not forget Japanese deliveries - though I guess they will make US ones first because of ship times.

Back