December delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omkar said:
mwalsh said:
Friday, December 10th. :mrgreen:

Awesome news! :D

Dude! Don't get too excited. Third party info...telephone game....etc....could be wildly inaccurate. I would have given it more credence if Mark R. would confirm it for me.

I'm guessing the truth of the matter is that I expect delivery of the first cars to take place somewhere between the 6th (the earliest date we've heard unofficially) and the 19th (based on Nissan corporate communication from Sept. 20th indicating that they were "just under 3 months away" from customer deliveries.

BTW, you guys do know that everyone I meet from Nissan corporate, practically the first thing I ask them is "So, have you heard what date we can begin expect customer deliveries yet?"

mwalsh said:
omkar said:
mwalsh said:
Friday, December 10th. :mrgreen:

Awesome news! :D

Dude! Don't get too excited. Third party info...telephone game....etc....could be wildly inaccurate. I would have given it more credence if Mark R. would confirm it for me.

I'm guessing the truth of the matter is that I expect delivery of the first cars to take place somewhere between the 6th (the earliest date we've heard unofficially) and the 19th (based on Nissan corporate communication from Sept. 20th indicating that they were "just under 3 months away" from customer deliveries.

BTW, you guys do know that everyone I meet from Nissan corporate, practically the first thing I ask them is "So, have you heard what date we can begin expect customer deliveries yet?"

But now we've heard that the 12/10 means Dec., 2010, with no actual date. Although, gudy was told Dec. 9th/2010. Since he was the first to order, I'm figuring that he will be the first one to receive delivery.

leaffan said:
But now we've heard that the 12/10 means Dec., 2010, with no actual date. Although, gudy was told Dec. 9th/2010. Since he was the first to order, I'm figuring that he will be the first one to receive delivery.

I've been told 12/10/10, like everyone else.

EVDRIVER said:
Now we know why N Bay Nissan is only getting one car in Dec. And AV is also giving free EVSE installation to the first 100 customers.

EVDRIVER, is the 100 first customers install thing for real ? do you have more information on that ?

gudy said:
EVDRIVER said:
Now we know why N Bay Nissan is only getting one car in Dec. And AV is also giving free EVSE installation to the first 100 customers.

EVDRIVER, is the 100 first customers install thing for real ? do you have more information on that ?

That is known as sarcasm. You may find it in many of my posts, fair warning.

I skipped the whole thread, and just read a few of the last posts (I guess that I'm too lazy to properly catch up after 10 days of vacation with no internet --or cell phone-- connectivity ;) )

Too bad, I could have used a free charger.

gudy said:
leaffan said:

I've been told 12/10/10, like everyone else.

Ah, you've been told 12/10/2010? All others have just been told 12/2010.

12/2010 seems much more likely. How can they set an exact date that far ahead when they don't know precisely when the first batch of cars will be completed and it's impossible to know exactly how long it will take by ship or if there might be any customs delays - these factors together could easily vary the delivery date by a week or more.

johnr said:
12/2010 seems much more likely. How can they set an exact date that far ahead when they don't know precisely when the first batch of cars will be completed and it's impossible to know exactly how long it will take by ship or if there might be any customs delays - these factors together could easily vary the delivery date by a week or more.

Gudy's could be correct because he's going to receive the first car among the orders. So if his comes in on the tenth, maybe ours will be a week or so later.

mwalsh said:
leaffan said:

Actually, I've been told the 10th too. ;)
Yes, but the oversight is indeed pretty subtle. Took me a while to realize that "12/10" could mean either Dec 10th or December, 2010. I bet this can easily happen to someone else, regardless how experienced, and then the (mis)-information gets spread ... since that's what we "want to hear" (certainty). Don't get me wrong. Would love to get the car on Dec 10th, but as long it is December for sure, with earlier-being-better, I'll be "happy".

i asked this on the other thread, but will ask again; does this mean if i am still pending that i will not get delivery in Dec? that would suck since it would most likely be caused by the EVSE issue.

DaveinOlyWA said:
i asked this on the other thread, but will ask again; does this mean if i am still pending that i will not get delivery in Dec? that would suck since it would most likely be caused by the EVSE issue.

Dave, the talk is all about dealer dashboards. None of the user dashboards are showing anything.

evnow said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Dave, the talk is all about dealer dashboards. None of the user dashboards are showing anything.

oooohhh... oh ok. that makes me feel a little better i guess. still does not resolve my disappointment with not getting on OCTOBER delivery!!

evnow said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

oooohhh... oh ok. that makes me feel a little better i guess. still does not resolve my disappointment with not getting on OCTOBER delivery!!

LEAFer said:
mwalsh said:
leaffan said:

Actually, I've been told the 10th too. ;)
Yes, but the oversight is indeed pretty subtle. Took me a while to realize that "12/10" could mean either Dec 10th or December, 2010. I bet this can easily happen to someone else, regardless how experienced, and then the (mis)-information gets spread ... since that's what we "want to hear" (certainty). Don't get me wrong. Would love to get the car on Dec 10th, but as long it is December for sure, with earlier-being-better, I'll be "happy".
Amazing that the whole Y2K was supposed to mess up all electronics ten years ago and today it is messing with our Leaf orders.
If it was year 1999 this would not be an issue :roll:
The computers were always OK, it is the human factor that causes the issue.

smkettner said:
The computers were always OK, it is the human factor that causes the issue.
As a programmer who spent most of my time in 1999 fixing Y2K bugs, I might quibble with that statement. Though of course it was the human factor which created those Y2K bugs.

Incidentally, ever since my Y2K experiences I have insisted on using a date format beginning with a four-digit year followed by two digit month and two digit day except when a form forced me to do something different. i.e. today is 2010/10/05, not 10/5/10 or even 10/5/2010 or (as some countries often do) 5/10/2010. Putting the year last makes sorting more complicated, and leads to confusion as to whether month or day comes first.

Back