Delivery of May 2011 Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my VIN today (8700's) via access to setup my Carwings account.

Est Delivery is still Month of September.

I managed to add Cold Weather (CW) to my SL+QC back in June, any of you guys do the same?

twbaker said:
Although our order date was late June, our Carwings has also just activated with a VIN of 8765 and an unchanged delivery of "Month of September."

I wonder how many orders were taken during the May-June period and how VINs are assigned. It would be very surprising to learn that less than 65 Leafs (8765 minus ~8700) were ordered in the US during the late May - late June period. Production and overseas shipping inefficiencies must be large players when scheduling the manufacturing lines.

Things are happening quickly now. My db moved from "week of Sept. 12->week of Sept. 2", so I went to my dealer where we basically closed the deal. Loan, extended warranty, window tint, everything. One of the easiest car deals I've ever done; all that's left to do is walk in, get the keys, setup CarWings, etc. and leave. I'm hoping I'll have it by Labor Day!

I too got my Carwings activated last night, but when I went back to my account, where it saids "View your setting" I can't seem to get anything, nothing happens when I press it. Do you guys know where I can get my Carwing username and pin info?

Thanks

Stanton said:
Things are happening quickly now. My db moved from "week of Sept. 12->week of Sept. 2", so I went to my dealer where we basically closed the deal. Loan, extended warranty, window tint, everything. One of the easiest car deals I've ever done; all that's left to do is walk in, get the keys, setup CarWings, etc. and leave. I'm hoping I'll have it by Labor Day!

Probably not the right thread, but are there any special financing terms they offer on the Leaf? I don't expect them to, but curious. Also, do you mind sharing your cost of extended warranty?

elyk said:
I too got my Carwings activated last night, but when I went back to my account, where it saids "View your setting" I can't seem to get anything, nothing happens when I press it. Do you guys know where I can get my Carwing username and pin info?

Thanks

https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The same login/password for this page as your dashboard.

Valdemar said:
Probably not the right thread, but are there any special financing terms they offer on the Leaf? I don't expect them to, but curious. Also, do you mind sharing your cost of extended warranty?

Search for extensive threads on both items. I don't think there will ever be "special financing" for the Leaf and I paid list price for Nissan's "Gold Preferred" (or whatever it's called) warranty, which is about the best price I've seen in that thread. BTW, make sure they get the (new) Nissan warranty quote book with the Leaf listed.

HighDesertDriver said:
twbaker said:
Although our order date was late June, our Carwings has also just activated with a VIN of 8765 and an unchanged delivery of "Month of September."

I wonder how many orders were taken during the May-June period and how VINs are assigned. It would be very surprising to learn that less than 65 Leafs (8765 minus ~8700) were ordered in the US during the late May - late June period. Production and overseas shipping inefficiencies must be large players when scheduling the manufacturing lines.

When I modified my Leaf in mid/late June I was told that I'd fall to the back of the order que as the CW option had a different stock number, so our numbers are likely relatively close because our orders are very close to each other in the que.

twbaker said:
...When I modified my Leaf in mid/late June I was told that I'd fall to the back of the order que as the CW option had a different stock number, so our numbers are likely relatively close because our orders are very close to each other in the que.

When I ordered mine I did not see the Cold Weather (CW) option - maybe I did and didn't look? How did you end up seeing it, what was included (everything the 2012's get?) and what was the price-tag?

twbaker said:
When I modified my Leaf in mid/late June I was told that I'd fall to the back of the order que as the CW option had a different stock number, so our numbers are likely relatively close because our orders are very close to each other in the que.
Yes, the close numbers would make sense if your order was slipped because of the change. I'm just looking forward to the day when this thread goes dead because all the May orders have been delivered. . . and the June orders begin rolling in. ;)

EricBayArea asked:
When I ordered mine I did not see the Cold Weather (CW) option - maybe I did and didn't look? How did you end up seeing it, what was included (everything the 2012's get?) and what was the price-tag?

Note: Not a reply from twbaker

I had been waiting to order until the CWP was available and ordered my LEAF on the first day that it was on the site (May 25th I believe). It cost an additional $770 on my 2011 and was actually a different package type (SL + CWP) not an option, it is now standard on the 2012.

I also ordered in mid May and changed my order which finally updated on June 16th.
My portal info still states "month of September" but I registered for Carwings today and received a VIN of 8834!
I am counting down my gas tank fills!

:p My dashboard changed from Month of September to 9/15/11, also prepurchase and owner portal open up too.

Can't wait. :D

I just chatted with custom service. He told me that my order was accepted on 5/13 and even though I had to update it a short while later with the QC port, that has no impact. It would only have had an impact if the car was being built, at which point I would have had to start over again.

Also, FWIW, he said that 30 days out from expected date is when CarWings and customer portal is opened up. He said that since mine still says "Month of September," I'm at day 31. Theoretically 1 more day and I get to setup CarWings

Stanton said:
Things are happening quickly now. My db moved from "week of Sept. 12->week of Sept. 2", ...snip... I'm hoping I'll have it by Labor Day!
After following the progressions of this thread, I had resigned myself that "Month of September" really did mean what Nissan says, "15 days either side of the projected date". In our case, I took that to be any time between 15 Aug (In our dreams!) and 15 Oct (Well, that would still be pretty fast compared to the folks who ordered a year ago.). Now, after having Carwings open up only yesterday, our delivery date has updated to "Week of 15 Sept"! :eek: I'd better stop procrastinating and start clearing out the cluttered garage bay for a new tenant. . .

Wow - just picked mine up today! Coulter Nissan was great, made this such an easy process. Such a nice drive! So many bells and whistles, haven't had time to play with it yet. Worked out to being about 5 days earlier than my date!

Our leaf arrived at our Dealer Friday 8/26. They couldn't get it prepped in time to deliver Saturday, will pick it up after work 8/29 :p Got an update to my dashboard Saturday moving the date back to 8/29
Can't wait to drive it

Back