Google send to car gone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryjpowell

I've used the Google maps to send destinations to the car a lot. Now it doesn't appear in the link screens anymore?? Anyone else notice this?

It's still there for me. Used it with google maps on my nexus phone this weekend. If using it from your computer, on the google maps website, you click the teardrop marker thing, then click more then send then choose car.

DesertDenizen said:
I lost mine a while ago as well. Bummer.

Maybe you is not getting at it the right way?

Google Maps on a computer > Enter desired address > When map comes up, look at the area of the screen where the address is listed > Choose text link for "more" (Directions Search nearby Save to map more) > Click "more" with mouse > Choose "Send" from drop-down menu presented > Choose "car" from list in pop-up box.

I also managed to convince myself that it quit working...either it or I was missing something. I figured it would come up on MNL eventually. Of course, it was me :) Seems that if you have a map with "markers" or landmarks, you won't get the "car" option. These markers are blue. However, the ones involved with a route (green) and the ones resulting from a lookup (red) do allow "send to car". Also, what mwalsh and philip have said proved accurate, and helpful in making it work again.

gbarry42 said:
However, the ones involved with a route (green) and the ones resulting from a lookup (red) do allow "send to car". Also, what mwalsh and philip have said proved accurate, and helpful in making it work again.

Yeah. I noticed that today too. You basically have to double click those markers on the map to get to the links you need.

Another way to do it is, once you've gotten your Point A to Point B directions, go onto the map controls themselves and click open the dialog box for which the first entry is "Traffic". If you then go to the bottom of that box, the original address you searched should be listed with a red dot beside it. Click on that address to "activate it" and a red marker and the address you searched should then appear to the left, below your directions. From there you can follow the instructions in my original post.

I think we are talking about different google maps!
Google started switching folks to new sleeker google maps (http://maps.google.com/help/maps/helloworld/desktop/preview/)
I still haven't figured out if and where send to car is in new google maps.
But if you are on a new google maps, you can click on little gear "settings" icon at the top right and switch to classis maps, where send-to-car will be in familiar place.

If anyone will find send to car in new google maps, let us know!

Here's the google forum on subject:
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/maps/UiZ70y_lY9s

I'm using the classic version, so I can't address that new version issue, but even under the old version sometimes the CAR option did not appear. I'm trying to remember the details, but I think it was when you got there through some method other than using the search box on the Google Maps page (e.g. a link). I found that if you search the location using Google Maps the car option always appears under More/Send.

Back