Has anyone purchased car seat covers for the LEAFs ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easkag said:
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg
Thanks for the details & photos. In the photos the cover looks blueish - how does it look to you ? Supposed to be gray/black.

It's definitely gray and black - I suspect it was washing out due to a) being an iPhone picture, and b) being in the sun (it was a fight with too much light from one side and not enough from the other). I took a closer look in the garage - the black is definitely black and the gray has a slightly raised, almost embroidered like pattern over the material. This has sparkly flecks in it that might make it appear lighter and more washed out. You can probably see the part I am talking about best in the third picture - I think (at least on my monitor) that this picture shows the colors best (dark black and slightly-silver gray).

Greg

Are the seats about the same as Versa? I am just looking for good quality ones like these:

http://www.wetokole.com/nissan_versa_seat_covers.html

The last time I emailed Wet Okole they said they would have some available in a few weeks, that was a month ago.

If you get a reply let us all know.

I got reply:

"we are trying to get this pattern as soon as possible. Just waiting for a customer in the Southern California area to bring one into our shop."

Anyone wants to take their Leaf to them?

I called Wet Okole Friday (11 Mar) and they said they still don't have a pattern for the Leaf. Since I'm in SoCal, they asked is if they could use my car to make a pattern. I agreed and am hoping to have it done this week. After a pattern is made, they stated it will take two to three weeks before the seat covers are completed.

Excellent! Thank you for providing them the use of your car for the pattern. Is this the same company? They are also located in So Cal.

http://www.coverking.com/t-pattern_partner.aspx

-u

Yes, thank you for letting them use your Leaf, hopefully by the time that I get my car they will be ready to go, now if weathertec could get the pattern I will be all set.

Update: I went to Wet Okole during lunch yestereday to check out their seat covers in person and to schedule an appointment for them to make a pattern for the LEAF. We had conflicts this week; so it will be next Thursday 24 March. At that point for those who are interested, Wet Okole should be able to make custom fit seat covers.

The seat covers which they had in the showroom looked like OEM upholstery rather than seat covers.

I will post pictures once they are installed.

Uccello, as far as I can tell coverking.com is a different outfit. Coverking.com is in Anaheim. Wetokole.com is in Costa Mesa.

Additional note re: CoverKing.

I emailed them last week. They are working on a dashpad and seat covers for the Leaf. They said they'd email me when ready.

CoverKing seat covers are more reasonablely priced than Wetokoles. But Wetokoles are probably more durable.

Update: I dropped off the LEAF at Wet Okole this morning for them to make patterns for both the front and rear seats. They said should be done making the patterns late this afternoon; and it will be about two-three weeks before the covers are ready.

Wet Okole???? I've never heard of them before today. I understand they use neoprene as the material of choice.
Waterproof-I get it, rain isn't an issue here. How applicable would they be here in the Phoenix summer heat?
I can only imagine they would be uncomfortably hot and pool any perspiration. :(

I've seen many using "Sheep" skins whether natural or manmade materials that work well here.

Any suggestions for a well designed and durable seat material to last about 36 to 39 months?

Sweet!

http://www.wetokole.com/Gtote.html

I don't know how I feel about sweeping my leg and feet to get it out though..

turbo2ltr said:
Sweet!

http://www.wetokole.com/Gtote.html

I don't know how I feel about sweeping my leg and feet to get it out though..

Here in the Wild West we carry it on our hip...... A concealed weapon is no deterrent.... ;)
Just kidding, really

pnlyee said:
Update: I dropped off the LEAF at Wet Okole this morning for them to make patterns for both the front and rear seats. They said should be done making the patterns late this afternoon; and it will be about two-three weeks before the covers are ready.

Is this a local solution, or do you anticipate they will add these to their procuct line?

dpodoll said:
pnlyee said:

Is this a local solution, or do you anticipate they will add these to their procuct line?

They will begin offering the seat covers on their webpage once it has be updated. I assume you can call them if you are interested prior to the webpage update. I have been posting my status since there has been quite a bit of interest in custom seat covers and none of the manufacturers currently have a pattern for the LEAF. Since Wet Okole is just down the street from where I work, I offered to let them use my car to make a pattern. Just FYI for those who may be interested in seat covers from Wet Okole.

Pnlyee,
Thanks for the pointer to Wet Okole! If things work out well for you, I will likely mail-order from them (don't live in SoCal).

Given that all of us with Leafs will have essentially the same interior, am curious about what pattern/color/piping scheme you chose, after you and the folks at Wet Okole sized things up in person using actual swatches. Did they have a recommendation as to what choices would make it blend in like original equipment, or did you make choices to give it your own personalized flair? :D
Thanks!

pnlyee said:
Update: I went to Wet Okole during lunch yestereday to check out their seat covers in person and to schedule an appointment for them to make a pattern for the LEAF. We had conflicts this week; so it will be next Thursday 24 March. At that point for those who are interested, Wet Okole should be able to make custom fit seat covers.

The seat covers which they had in the showroom looked like OEM upholstery rather than seat covers.

I will post pictures once they are installed.

Uccello, as far as I can tell coverking.com is a different outfit. Coverking.com is in Anaheim. Wetokole.com is in Costa Mesa.

easkag said:
For the bottom, I just tucked it under the seat - so far that seems to hold it in place fine.
After all these days of dithering, I installed the covers. Definitely a pain - and as you say no way to really secure the seat covers at the back. I've just tucked them in ... we will have to see how they hold up.

Back