Has anyone purchased car seat covers for the LEAFs ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
Did you install the $46 set from Amazon?
Yes - though "install" is too strong a word for what I did :lol:

I'll take photos and post them, if they aren't awful.

I don't remember what color the interior is from the ride and drive
I just remember that it was light. the pictures on the web are hard to tell
Is it grey or beige?
what color are you getting for the seat covers/floor mats?

I had "Wet Okole" covers on my Jeep for several years, and I can attest that they are of the highest quality.
I will certainly buy them again.
In the summer they will heat up a bit more than cloth, since they are wet suit material, but overall it seemed that they maintained a happy "medium" most of the time.
Since they are waterproof, you can clean them without removing them. A small kit also includes a UV protectant.
I enjoyed the fact that you can pick any color, trim and emblem style.
The fit was perfect.
They were always quick to respond to my inquiries.

They are more expensive, but what is hand-crafted these days that isn't? (excluding child labor etc)

Two big thumbs up.

just called them and response I got "they just got the measurements and will take about a month to make it"

Next call will be to Weather Tech about making custom rubber mats...

Rake said:
A small kit also includes a UV protectant.

@Rake - any idea what UV protectant they use? Is it, by chance, something that can be considered eco-friendly?

IBELEAF said:
just called them and response I got "they just got the measurements and will take about a month to make it"

Have you gotten the wet Okole coves yet?
Pictures?

Spaz said:
Rake said:
A small kit also includes a UV protectant.

@Rake - any idea what UV protectant they use? Is it, by chance, something that can be considered eco-friendly?
The bottle of "Wet Okole" brand Surface Protectant with UV Inhibitors" doesn't provide an ingredients list, but it is an eye irritant.
(So no spraying yourself in the eyes in lieu of wearing sunglasses apparently, darn)
The website says that one function of the spray is to replace lost plasticizers, which to me says a petroleum ingredient of some sort.
The bottle is recyclable, however.

Mx5racer said:
IBELEAF said:

Have you gotten the wet Okole coves yet?
Pictures?

Still nothing...

http://www.carcoverplanet.com/2011-nissan-leaf-seat-covers.html

Has anyone use these yet? They are Custom Made in 9 Different Fabrics.

tombobcat said:
http://www.carcoverplanet.com/2011-nissan-leaf-seat-covers.html

Has anyone use these yet? They are Custom Made in 9 Different Fabrics.

These look good, but I don't see that they have rear seat cover. Sent them email.

Received reply from the fairly quickly:

We don't have timing on the rear covers. The front covers were released just the beginning of this month. Sometimes the rear covers come out later because they are more difficult to design or fit. Sometimes, they don't come out at all. Many of the Hybrid or electric cars have "stuff" behind the rear seat that make it difficult to put in a custom seat cover.

I purchased cheap rear seat cover from Fred Mayer. It looks like crap and it doesn't fit well, but at least the seat is protected.

pnlyee said:
Update: I went to Wet Okole during lunch yestereday to check out their seat covers in person and to schedule an appointment for them to make a pattern for the LEAF. We had conflicts this week; so it will be next Thursday 24 March. At that point for those who are interested, Wet Okole should be able to make custom fit seat covers.

The seat covers which they had in the showroom looked like OEM upholstery rather than seat covers.

I will post pictures once they are installed.

Uccello, as far as I can tell coverking.com is a different outfit. Coverking.com is in Anaheim. Wetokole.com is in Costa Mesa.

Was wondering if there are any pictures of the Okole seat covers yet?

I'd like to see them on the LEAF. Thanks!

mxp said:
pnlyee said:
Update: I went to Wet Okole during lunch yestereday to check out their seat covers in person and to schedule an appointment for them to make a pattern for the LEAF. We had conflicts this week; so it will be next Thursday 24 March. At that point for those who are interested, Wet Okole should be able to make custom fit seat covers.

The seat covers which they had in the showroom looked like OEM upholstery rather than seat covers.

I will post pictures once they are installed.

Uccello, as far as I can tell coverking.com is a different outfit. Coverking.com is in Anaheim. Wetokole.com is in Costa Mesa.

Was wondering if there are any pictures of the Okole seat covers yet?

I'd like to see them on the LEAF. Thanks!

UPDATE: Wet Okole said the covers would be completed sometime this week (week of April 25). I will post pictures once they are installed.

Wet Okole called today and said the seat covers were ready. I had them installed at lunch. Overall, I'm very happy with the way the covers turn out. They fit like OEM upholstery. I have some pics from my cell phone, but I can't seem to attach them to the post without hosting them on another server. Any ideas of how to attach pics?

I realize it has been a long wait for the pictures of the Wet Okole seat covers. Here they are.

View from driver's door:
IMG_3839.JPG

IMG_3840.JPG

IMG_3841.JPG

View from passenger's door:
IMG_3845.JPG

View from left rear door:
IMG_3847.JPG

View from right rear door:
IMG_3844.JPG

IMG_3843.JPG

View from hatch: