ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was at AutoNation Nissan Pembroke Pines. I went to use the new DCQC. The L2 EVSEs were blocked and the it was a tight squeeze to get to the DCQC.

Those are actually L2 EVSE's that the ICE is blocking.

Wow. Unfortunately the way the dealer designed it, it looks like either DCQC or one out of two L2's can be used, but not all three (the leftmost looks to be a handicapped space)

If that sideways parking bumper wasn't there, I'd have parked 3 inches from the ICE's driver door handle and waited by my car. The ICEhole can't read, much less park.

ChargePoint app said it was available so I went to charge at Walgreen's in El Segundo, California during my lunch break. Found this :( :

iced.jpg

Somebody far more artistic than me needs to come up with a sticker for this. The inconsiderate ICE-hole sticker. Not permanent but annoying enough to remove that they remember in the future not to take up EV spots.

V-8 engine image with a circle and line thru it?

We can probably get 1,000 printed for next to nothing.

It should also read something like
Dear ICE-hole:
Please respect these parking spots which are reserved for electrically powered vehicles.
We depend on these spots being available just like you depend on your gas stations being open.

They won't know what ICE means but perhaps they will Google it when they get home and share their story with their (ICE-driving) friends . This way we spread the word.

kevinleaf said:
Somebody far more artistic than me needs to come up with a sticker for this. The inconsiderate ICE-hole sticker. Not permanent but annoying enough to remove that they remember in the future not to take up EV spots.

On the Bay Area LEAF owners groups in Facebook, someone posted this Notice of Inconsideration - (EDIT: Try this link if facebook link won't work). I like that it looks so formal - someone might even send money :twisted: (The address they said it was Mitt Romney's campaign fund :lol: )

nPhxWw8.jpg

CoolerThanICE said:
kevinleaf said:

On the Bay Area LEAF owners groups in Facebook, someone posted this Notice of Inconsideration. I like that it looks so formal - someone might even send money :twisted:

Sorry, but the page is not available. Could you post a .pdf of it, or even quote it in your post???

kevinleaf said:

V-8 engine image with a circle and line thru it?

We can probably get 1,000 printed for next to nothing.

It should also read something like
Dear ICE-hole:
Please respect these parking spots which are reserved for electrically powered vehicles.
We depend on these spots being available just like you depend on your gas stations being open.

They won't know what ICE means but perhaps they will Google it when they get home and share their story with their (ICE-driving) friends . This way we spread the word.

I can just see the headlines now: THE GREAT BEV-ICE WAR OF 2014

It is fun to joke about it, but we really do not need a war with ICE vehicles. Except for a VERY few Sociopaths, I believe in the goodness of my fellow man and just assume that they park there out of Ignorance. Therefore a sweet, gentle note educating them about the need to keep these spots open for EV charging only is all that is needed. If we all kept a supply of these notes to place on the windshield of these ICEoffenders whenever we see them I believe it will do much more good.

I would hope those much more articualte than I can come up with the wording to use. Something that we could get 6 or 8 notices per page. If it is a .pdf then we could all print out some and keep them in our BEV's to use when needed. Here is my first draft:

=================================
PLEASE - I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
This spot is reserved for Electric Vehicle Charging only. I am an EV driver and in need of a charge from this station. However, because your vehicle was parked here, You are preventing me from getting the charge I need to be able to drive home. In the future please be considerate of Electric Vehicles drivers that depend on these stations for the FUEL to drive their vehicles.
=================================

Feel free to make your own suggestions so we can get this going. I would like to get a bunch of these printed up so I can start using them.

I don't think I posted this one yet. In front of Twin Peaks in League City TX. I guess GM made a "Volt" retrofit kit for a C5.

IMAGE_18.jpg

hybris1 said:
I don't think I posted this one yet. In front of Twin Peaks in League City TX. I guess GM made a "Volt" retrofit kit for a C5.

IMAGE_18.jpg

There is a handicapped hang tag in the car, were there no open handicap spaces in the lot?

dhanson865 said:
hybris1 said:

IMAGE_18.jpg

There is a handicapped hang tag in the car, were there no open handicap spaces in the lot?

What's being charged here? I don't recognize the car.

greengate said:
dhanson865 said:
hybris1 said:

IMAGE_18.jpg

What's being charged here? I don't recognize the car.

Looks like a Corvette to me, no EV in those. The Nozzle is just laying inside that slot, this car should of been towed away. No License plate number, the picture could of been forward to the local police department.

Fred

Wennfred said:

Looks like a Corvette to me, no EV in those. The Nozzle is just laying inside that slot, this car should of been towed away. No License plate number, the picture could of been forward to the local police department.

Fred[/quote][/quote]

Hey guys, I think this was a joke, as you can see in this picture... The Blink station is facing the other way so the corvette is actually parked in a normal spot.

Wennfred said:
Wennfred said:

Fred

Hey guys, I think this was a joke, as you can see in this picture... The Blink station is facing the other way so the corvette is actually parked in a normal spot.
OTOH, some handicapped spaces have Blinks positioned exactly like that one is, facing away from the space, and with 'Do Not Block' striping between that space and the ones to one or both sides, just as shown in the photo.

Back