July 27 Nissan email: the Nissan LEAF: get ready to order

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
LakeLeaf said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Code:
Hi this message is for EVNow* but tomorrow off my my name is Yvonne calling from Nissan electric vehicle customer support. Just contacting you sir to let you know although we do not have a resolution about why you've not received your email and with the data on your order timing. We I wanted to touch base with you and let you know we are certainly looking into it and just as soon as I have a resolution for you. We will be in touch either by phone or email or both. If you have any questions in the meantime please feel free to contact us again at 877-664-2738. Thank you for your patience and have a great day

Interesting, at least I'm not the only one out there with the missing email problem.

Nubo said:
Interesting, at least I'm not the only one out there with the missing email problem.

Nubo, at any point did you try to cancel (or clicked somewhere else that the software took as an attempt to cancel) and then clicked "no" for confirmation ? If so, your account is also in limbo like mine.

Ok, the saga continues.

I chatted again with Nissan support. First the rep "Patrick" was dismissive. On much prodding he said there is some problem and they are still trying to figure out. But they won't give an estimated time for resolution.

evnow said:
Nubo, at any point did you try to cancel (or clicked somewhere else that the software took as an attempt to cancel) and then clicked "no" for confirmation ? If so, your account is also in limbo like mine.

Not that I can recall. I did get an email confirmation originally, and I got the one about the battery plant, and the warranty questionnaire. But I missed the ordering email and a couple others. Does not appear to be getting caught by SPAM filtering, unless it's some upstream issue with my ISP.

The EV assessment scheduling did show up on my account and I have one scheduled for 8/12. I sure would like to have my ordering status before I give out another $100 to this process. The chat and support folks have been very courteous but so far no results. I can understand that they're researching the email problem. In the meantime I don't understand why they can't forward that information to me via another channel. I've changed my profile to another email address to see if that may help.

Nubo said:
The chat and support folks have been very courteous but so far no results. I can understand that they're researching the email problem. In the meantime I don't understand why they can't forward that information to me via another channel. I've changed my profile to another email address to see if that may help.

If it has been a long time since you complained (like more than 2 weeks) - you should call & crib. You don't want to miss the "order now" email.

Nubo said:
The chat and support folks have been very courteous but so far no results. I can understand that they're researching the email problem. In the meantime I don't understand why they can't forward that information to me via another channel. I've changed my profile to another email address to see if that may help.
I have also been working on email problems with Nissan now for two weeks. Same as you, no email confirmations, but did get the Warranty and AV survey emails. Ordered 2:31pm 4/20, haven't heard a word since. To date have completed the AV assessment, signed and returned the quote last week. I have called Nissan every two days. I'm told a service ticket is open.

leaffan said:
I wanted Red or Black but went with White because it should be COOLER and better on the battery's.

SHOULD be cooler? LOL...it WILL be much cooler, no doubt at all! I had fire engine red and now white, and the temp difference inside (same color interior) is very significant. :)

Part of the reason that I did order black (besides that fact that it's the best looking) is that in the winter when the snow is blowing, those batteries should still be nice and cozy.

evnow said:
Nubo said:

If it has been a long time since you complained (like more than 2 weeks) - you should call & crib. You don't want to miss the "order now" email.

Well, I cancelled my reservation. Mostly because it just isn't the right time for our budget. But a little bit because of the half-assed way they handled my problem. As much as I'd love to be an early adopter, I think waiting 2 or 3 years will work better for me despite the tax breaks. In the meantime I'll live vicariously through you all. :)

Nubo said:
Well, I cancelled my reservation. Mostly because it just isn't the right time for our budget. But a little bit because of the half-assed way they handled my problem. As much as I'd love to be an early adopter, I think waiting 2 or 3 years will work better for me despite the tax breaks. In the meantime I'll live vicariously through you all. :)
I would think anyone thinking of cancelling a reservation should offer it to someone else ... especially if it is an early order. It might be a little tricky, but something could be worked out ("making a market" in reservations) ? Kind of like surrogate mother for LEAF ?

Sorry to hear this :cry:

Edit: Hey ... look at this thread I just found! http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=961

I might not be able to "close" on my order, especially if I miss the CA $5000 rebate.

Some dealers seem to be interested in being the "guardian" of my possible "orphan".

It appears that "many" dealers have multiple staff members signed up for Reservations, but with the intent of generating "orphans" for the dealership to sell.

I'm really curious how hard it will be to transfer "reservations". Nissan says you can't do it, but I'm sure it is going to happen, somehow. I know there are several Colorado folks itching for a Leaf. They aren't scheduled until waaay out.

(edit to add: Sorry you may not get yours early in the game, garygid. Please let us know if you are able to transfer your reservation to a person of your choice. Thanks)

evnow said:
Ok, the saga continues.

I chatted again with Nissan support. First the rep "Patrick" was dismissive. On much prodding he said there is some problem and they are still trying to figure out. But they won't give an estimated time for resolution.

My saga may be coming to an end.

Finally I got a mail from support saying I can order in September :cry:

I've now check whether it is all the problem with the account that pushed me to September or the Amex card problems on Apr 20 that delayed my reserving by a few minutes that did it :evil:

KeiJidosha said:
I have also been working on email problems with Nissan now for two weeks. Same as you, no email confirmations, but did get the Warranty and AV survey emails. Ordered 2:31pm 4/20, haven't heard a word since. To date have completed the AV assessment, signed and returned the quote last week. I have called Nissan every two days. I'm told a service ticket is open.
I also received my first confirmation email today. Also a 4/20 @2:31pm order in Los Angeles. No credit card issues so completed in ~5 minutes. Email also confirms September order date. I'm not in the eTec program as too far north (Simi Valley).

Still hoping for a December deliver.

KeiJidosha said:
KeiJidosha said:
I also received my first confirmation email today. Also a 4/20 @2:31pm order in Los Angeles. No credit card issues so completed in ~5 minutes. Email also confirms September order date. I'm not in the eTec program as too far north (Simi Valley).

Still hoping for a December deliver.

I'm in the Etec program, and I STILL received Sept. AND filled out the reservation on Apr. 20th, 3 PM, a few minutes after it came.

Or New Mexico...sigh...Arizona to one side...getting cars in Dec....Texas to the other side...getting cars in Jan...Us in the Middle of those two...getting cars??? Next winter??

Gah

Gavin

Back