Leaf owners: What ONE thing do you most dislike about it?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would have to be the feedback on the amount of power/miles left. But maybe this is because I have driven it out of power once, and nearly out of power like 10 times now. But this could be because of human problems instead of the car...

Only other thing is my son gets carsick in the back seat because the doors/windows are so high. Never had this issue in the Prius. But again... I hate to admit that this could be because the car is a little jumpier and if I drove differently maybe he wouldn't have an issue.

ENIAC said:
wq2345 said:
The 3.3kW charger

Just doesnt make sense why they didn't put the 6.6kW charger in the first place!
Well with a 3.3kW charger my LEAF is charged before 5:00am every night. According to my data, it's normally finished charging between 3:30am and 4:00am. If a 6.6kW charged charged my LEAF a couple of hours sooner what difference would it make? Both chargers get the job done before I need the car. On the road, I would rather use my DC quick charger. Who wants to wait around for even a 6.6kW charger, if you're traveling between metro areas? Give me an 80% charge in under 30 minutes any day! Seems like 6.6kW charger is in the middle, too slow when you're on the road and faster than you need for over night charging. But a 6.6kW charger costs more and also puts more stress on the grid than is necessary.

+1.
Give us more DC quick charger!!!
In addition to J1772 charge station, all certify Leaf dealer should have one public use DC quick charger for reasonable fee. Maybe $3-5 for 30min.

One thing I am moving up the list of things that really annoy me is not the car per se, but the fact that virtually all the Nissan dealers I have seen only have access to their chargers when they are open. There should be a corporate requirement that they have at last one charger available 24/7. Until there is more of a charging network, this may be the only lifeline many have and if it isn't always predictably available, it is worse than worthless!

I've only had one test drive, but my only complaint are the seats: no lumbar support, and can't get leather seats even as an option. In a 34K car, no leather seats? Nissan cheaped-out on this; and the fact that the cloth is made from ground up bottles or something doesn't impress me. It's just an excuse. I''m an environmentailst, but I'd rather not sit on old Evian bottles:)

tedbe said:
I've only had one test drive, but my only complaint are the seats: no lumbar support, and can't get leather seats even as an option. In a 34K car, no leather seats? Nissan cheaped-out on this; and the fact that the cloth is made from ground up bottles or something doesn't impress me. It's just an excuse. I''m an environmentailst, but I'd rather not sit on old Evian bottles:)

This is why GM luxxoed up the Volt, then people complain its $41k before the tax credit.. it is obvious Nissan is trying to keep the Leaf affordable. Perhaps an option of 4kwh less battery capacity in exchange for the leather seats?

ht2 said:
Give us more DC quick charger!!!
In addition to J1772 charge station, all certify Leaf dealer should have one public use DC quick charger for reasonable fee. Maybe $3-5 for 30min.

maybe $10-$20 would be more reasonable, to cover the cost of the equipment and to encourage people to charge at home.

I very much dislike the idiot safety feature that prevents me from using the phone dialer while the car is in motion. Now I have to pick up my handheld, dial the number and then let the bluetooth take over if I want to make calls.

As soon as the car passes 2 mph or so, the navi system and phone become greatly disabled.

Andy said:
Since I never go to the gas station anymore...need to clean the windshield at home. ;)

I also had a gripe with the non-leather steering wheel, although it is a soft, grippy and chunky plastic. I have never had a car with a non-leather steering wheel. So I fixed that with a Wheelskins leather wrap. Sand color matches quite well.

Getting my LEAF tomorrow and that was the first thing I noticed that I didn't like. It should have a leather-covered steering wheel.

mogur said:
One thing I am moving up the list of things that really annoy me is not the car per se, but the fact that virtually all the Nissan dealers I have seen only have access to their chargers when they are open. There should be a corporate requirement that they have at last one charger available 24/7. Until there is more of a charging network, this may be the only lifeline many have and if it isn't always predictably available, it is worse than worthless!
Ya think? :?

First of all. At least at this point. Nissan of Vacaville does not lock their gates at night. They have three AV L2's, two by the main showroom entrance. And one around the other side of the bldg by the detail area.

My BIG complaint is that the spoiler PV panel won't charge the damn traction battery while I make a beer stop :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back