List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since that would cost the cities their share of the sales tax, that would never fly.

Tom

evnow said:
indyflick said:
8.75% Sales Tax `.```2,907

Good question.

BTW, so in CA, they first take away 3,000 in sales tax and give back 5,000 in rebate ? Brilliant.

They should have just exempted EVs from sales tax - that way no need to appropriate any money, less paper work and everyone who buys gets it.

indyflick said:
BTW, so in CA, they first take away 3,000 in sales tax and give back 5,000 in rebate ? Brilliant.

They should have just exempted EVs from sales tax - that way no need to appropriate any money, less paper work and everyone who buys gets it.

The funds applicaple to the rebate will only apply as long as they exist. The state knows in advance exactly how much is allotted to the program, which will have a finite cap. If they "exempted EVs from sales tax" there is no way to project loss of revenue. Government generally isn't the smartest tool in the shed, but they generally know how to limit their liability.

tcimpidis said:
Since that would cost the cities their share of the sales tax, that would never fly.

Why not ? Until it becomes a substantial part of the yearly sales, it shouldn't matter. In anycase, I think even in WA, only state sales tax is not charged. County & city sales taxes are charged.

LEAFguy said:
The funds applicaple to the rebate will only apply as long as they exist. The state knows in advance exactly how much is allotted to the program, which will have a finite cap. If they "exempted EVs from sales tax" there is no way to project loss of revenue. Government generally isn't the smartest tool in the shed, but they generally know how to limit their liability.

Potential loss of revenue is not a liability. It doesn't go into any books. Even government budgets done for year over year - since currently the sales tax revenue on EVs is next to nothing.

tcimpidis said:
Since that would cost the cities their share of the sales tax, that would never fly. Small though it may be, the cities would be afraid of the precedent.

Tom

evnow said:
indyflick said:
8.75% Sales Tax `.```2,907

Good question.

evnow said:
Potential loss of revenue is not a liability. It doesn't go into any books. Even government budgets done for year over year - since currently the sales tax revenue on EVs is next to nothing.

Poor choice of words. Perhaps "regulate income/expenses" would have been better than "liability". I also highlighted in red the key word of the rest of your reply. My point was that an open ended "exempt EVs from sales tax" is significantly different than a finitely funded rebate amount.

LEAFguy said:
My point was that an open ended "exempt EVs from sales tax" is significantly different than a finitely funded rebate amount.

Ofcourse it is different. I'm argueing that it is not just different, but better too !

If you go over to the "Mossy Kearny Mesa & Poway will discount 2 forum members" thread, Leon responded to my question. So now we have one "all-in" pricing data point from a dealer. Hats off to Leon for his rapid response.

I'm not following this CA reduction in sales tax, as far as I know there is full sales tax. In addition, for those getting the CA $5K rebate expect to get a tax form at the end of the year as the rebate will almost certainly be reported as taxable income just like any other earnings so it's not really a $5K rebate.

McCrea Nissan in Eureka will be at msrp per the sales manager today. When I went in to discuss prices he showed me some of the Nissan dealership site for Leaf orders. I also scored my first Leaf swag - a Leaf mouse pad. We are going to buy here although North Bay Nissan in Petaluma really tempted me with its 5% under msrp offer. My wife doesn't want to drive down the 5 hours to buy it there in December (or January) when it is sure to be raining. I kinda like the adventure idea and trying to figure out how to get the car the 200+ miles home, but I also like the folks at McCrea. Jim

EVDRIVER said:
I'm not following this CA reduction in sales tax, as far as I know there is full sales tax. In addition, for those getting the CA $5K rebate expect to get a tax form at the end of the year as the rebate will almost certainly be reported as taxable income just like any other earnings so it's not really a $5K rebate.
Nope ... not taxable.

I was thinking of posting this in a new thread, but the "locate dealer" function has become a bit spiffier, with a zoom-able Google/Bing type map showing all the dealers within up to a 200 mile radius from a specified zip code.

It also shows which are Leaf Certified and which are not. Interestingly, in the whole of southern and central California, only 4 are not certified....2 in more remote desert communities and then two fairly close together right here in the Los Angeles basin - Cerritos Nissan and Downey Nissan.

mwalsh said:
I was thinking of posting this in a new thread, but the "locate dealer" function has become a bit spiffier, with a zoom-able Google/Bing type map showing all the dealers within up to a 200 mile radius from a specified zip code.

It also shows which are Leaf Certified and which are not. Interestingly, in the whole of southern and central California, only 4 are not certified....2 in more remote desert communities and then two fairly close together right here in the Los Angeles basin - Cerritos Nissan and Downey Nissan.
I think I saw that feature working sometime near the end of last week (foggy memory ... Thurs/Fri ?).

I called greg at reardon nissan and he still has 1 slots available 4 500 off retail. To be honest with you i am very surprised i got in concerning so late i found out about this.

I know ready2plugin (Ithink) may have commented on this earlier but I had to add my own experience with Dublin Nissan in Nor Cal. I asked the fleet mgr if they were taking a stand on pricing and he said they weren't ready yet, but felt it would be somewhere between $2k and $3k. I mentioned, as others have on this site, about the other dealers pricing but they laughed at me and told me to use caution as their competition was probably lying to me. Sorry, couldn't help myself, I had to post. They really pissed me off. No wonder they have an F rating in BBB.

leaftime said:
I know ready2plugin (Ithink) may have commented on this earlier but I had to add my own experience with Dublin Nissan in Nor Cal. I asked the fleet mgr if they were taking a stand on pricing and he said they weren't ready yet, but felt it would be somewhere between $2k and $3k. I mentioned, as others have on this site, about the other dealers pricing but they laughed at me and told me to use caution as their competition was probably lying to me. Sorry, couldn't help myself, I had to post. They really pissed me off. No wonder they have an F rating in BBB.

Some dealers are still clinging to the notion that everyone else are a bunch of liars. No, rather we're a group of people who understand how to do business in this economy/era. I never worked in the car business during any of the over MSRP bonanzas, so I have no delusions that it's a tactic that works.

Rairdon Nissan of Auburn, WA will sell for $100 below INVOICE.

SL=32,193 and SV=31,293, Discounts of 1,527 and 1,487.

They will ship the car anywhere in the US for around $600.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1062

Back