Los Angeles Metro Area Leafers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WWBD said:
Well a bunch of us are ordering our leafs tomorrow. I am one of them. Rest assured that if any of these dealers we have been discussing tries to reneg on their stated price or tries to tack on some hidden fees, I will sing like a canary on this forum to let all Sept., Oct., Nov. buyers know to steer clear. :cool:

THANK YOU WWBD!
CONGRATS and BEST OF LUCK with your ordering! Hope it goes smoothly and that the dealer gives you a great deal! :)

WWBD said:
Well a bunch of us are ordering our leafs tomorrow. I am one of them. Rest assured that if any of these dealers we have been discussing tries to reneg on their stated price or tries to tack on some hidden fees, I will sing like a canary on this forum to let all Sept., Oct., Nov. buyers know to steer clear. :cool:

Much appreciated WWBD!

My very best to all LA/OC Area "August LEAFers". Please share your experiences. I truly hope it goes well for all of you!

Hello.
I have a September order month. I just spoke to a Southbay (Los Angeles Southbay area) Nissan LEAF dealer. I asked him if he knew when September LEAF reservists would be able to order the LEAF. He stated that we will be able to order our LEAF on Wednesday September 1st! Hope he is right!?

Just got a call from Fontana Nissan. They called to confirm all the prices with me before I submitted my RAQ. So far they are my PREFERRED dealer. If they keep up this great service, I will have no problems recommending them to everybody in the greater LA area.

JPC2822 said:
Hello.
I have a September order month. I just spoke to a Southbay (Los Angeles Southbay area) Nissan LEAF dealer. I asked him if he knew when September LEAF reservists would be able to order the LEAF. He stated that we will be able to order our LEAF on Wednesday September 1st! Hope he is right!?

I guess that confirms what Deetime has told us. But I thought maybe it would be delayed two days because of the Aug. orders.

leaffan said:
I guess that confirms what Deetime has told us. But I thought maybe it would be delayed two days because of the Aug. orders.

I'd say it depends on how they have programmed it - if it just goes purely by date, we will probably get our chance on 1st. If they need to send the mails and can control the timing more finely - it will probably get delayed since the Aug order got delayed.

evnow said:
leaffan said:

I'd say it depends on how they have programmed it - if it just goes purely by date, we will probably get our chance on 1st. If they need to send the mails and can control the timing more finely - it will probably get delayed since the Aug order got delayed.

I agree EVNOW- I will be shocked if us with September orders are able to order September 1st! Good luck with your order!

evnow said:
leaffan said:

Well, emails are already being sent to Aug. orderers. Check your email! :D

Depends on who you talk to... Many have said that Nissan intends to stagger the orders throughout the month. Personally, this makes sense to me to avoid a stampede.

Tom

JPC2822 said:
Hello.

Did anyone in LA area with an Aug. order today actually go through Carson or Santa Monica Nissan? Wish I had known about this guy before now, he might've wanted to play ball with us but it's too late for me now! http://green.autoblog.com/2010/08/31/electric-vehicle-advocate-paul-scott-intends-to-be-the-number-o/

Did anyone in LA area with an Aug. order today actually go through Carson or Santa Monica Nissan? Wish I had known about this guy before now, he might've wanted to play ball with us but it's too late for me now! http://green.autoblog.com/2010/08/31/el ... -number-o/

I did contact Santa Monica Nissan early on but did not get willingness from them to sell for below MSRP so I moved on. Fortunately, we have other choices in the greater SoCal area. Perhaps future orderers will have more luck with Paul Scott there as salesman.

I contacted them about two weeks ago and they had no interest in selling at anything other than msrp.

Tom

malloryk said:
Did anyone in LA area with an Aug. order today actually go through Carson or Santa Monica Nissan? Wish I had known about this guy before now, he might've wanted to play ball with us but it's too late for me now! http://green.autoblog.com/2010/08/31/electric-vehicle-advocate-paul-scott-intends-to-be-the-number-o/

LBCev said:
mwalsh said:
malloryk said:
Supposedly the Leaf will be available to test drive at the AltCar Expo this year in Santa Monica. Oct. 1st and 2nd
http://www.altcarexpo.com/ride_drive.html

Thanks for that! I've gone ahead and registered.

@LBCev...if you check in again with Cerritos Nissan, you might want to tell them that Nissan has them listed as NOT being Leaf Certified on their dealer map. That said, would you care to share more details about this "Leaf event" they're going to be having?

@mwalsh... The details were vague in the email. It was characterized as "an event to reserve your LEAF". At best it sounded like a meet and greet to discuss how Cerritos would handle the roll-out. As I said, I was out of town and missed the opportunity. I've since received another email from them describing a LEAF "RESERVATION PARTY" for the (now delayed) August 27th orders. They also confirmed that "MSRP is not a problem." It all seems a little gimmicky to me. Also, I too noted that they are not LEAF certified, which gives me additional pause.

Just an update; the Nissan website has changed Cerritos status to "LEAF certified".

Did any of you lucky August LEAFers use either Cerritos or Carson? I would be interested to hear about your order.

tcimpidis said:
I contacted them about two weeks ago and they had no interest in selling at anything other than msrp.

Tom

malloryk said:

@tcimpidis: Thanks for the tip! I haven't finalized my dealer selection so I think I'l reach out to him. I do have one very good firm price commitment, but we'll see.

Additionally, I would love to hear from any of you who went to Carson or Cerritos. It seems like the bulk of LA area LEAFers on here are driving to Fontana or Costa Mesa. I'd be willing to drive for either of those deals!

Back