NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bryan38401 said:
it might not be avilable tomorrow some kind of filming for pbs documentery

Yes, they were asking for a volunteer to be interviewed as part of the documentary but when they mentioned doing the nude scene with Nancy Pelosi, I instructed my people to tell their people that I would have to respectfully decline.

CWO4Mann said:
bryan38401 said:

Yes, they were asking for a volunteer to be interviewed as part of the documentary but when they mentioned doing the nude scene with Nancy Pelosi, I instructed my people to tell there people that I would have to respectfully decline.

Didn't realize you were the quiet retiring type.

It could be worse, imagine a nude scene with Madeleine Albright. There's one oooglie mush.

JPWhite said:
CWO4Mann said:
bryan38401 said:

Yes, they were asking for a volunteer to be interviewed as part of the documentary but when they mentioned doing the nude scene with Nancy Pelosi, I instructed my people to tell there people that I would have to respectfully decline.

Didn't realize you were the quiet retiring type.

It could be worse, imagine a nude scene with Madeleine Albright. There's one oooglie mush.

OMG! We ain't going there ....

Now, let's REALLY hijack this thread :)

ralphmc said:
bryan38401 said:
ok every body the new nissan charger is up and running at nissan headquarters told john we will be by sat to try it and let him know what we think no key fob just plug in and charge he said ignore rate on screen it wont be on production model.the quicker they get some user feed back the faster they will allow production so lets wear it out!!! ill be there sat around 8am.

And she is a beauty... follow the link below for some nice pictures of it:

https://plus.google.com/photos/1059...ms/5741072669852541921?authkey=CKHC5-_3na-aWQ

did not have a chance to plug her up yet, since my LEAF just got fed at the Whole Foods Market, while shopping...

But will probably swing by there tomorrow and check it out, and let my LEAF have some solar assisted juice...

Ralph

U all, my blog has some more updates on the new Nissan DC fast Charger including pics, I been there twice today, and took many more pics of the charging process follow this link please: http://ralphmc.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ralph

I am thinking of trying a Leaf trip from Atlanta up to Murfreesboro in about a week.

I'm planning to stop at the QCs at East Ridge, Kimball, and Manchester. If any Leaf-ers near those charging stations could check them out over the next week and let me know how they are doing, that would be very helpful.

It also sounds like calling Blink ahead of time to check the status with them might help.

rslatkin said:
I am thinking of trying a Leaf trip from Atlanta up to Murfreesboro in about a week.

I'm planning to stop at the QCs at East Ridge, Kimball, and Manchester. If any Leaf-ers near those charging stations could check them out over the next week and let me know how they are doing, that would be very helpful.

It also sounds like calling Blink ahead of time to check the status with them might help.

Hi Rachel,

Hope your LEAF is working out for you!!. Let us know if you have any spare time when you are up here and maybe we can meetup with you. I can and have easily made Murfreesboro from where I live, even with just an 80% charge (as long as I can get a charge for the return leg).

I wish Blink would show the status of the DC QC stations as they do with the L2 devices, that would save having to make calls.

JPWhite said:
rslatkin said:

Hi Rachel,

Hope your LEAF is working out for you!!. Let us know if you have any spare time when you are up here and maybe we can meetup with you. I can and have easily made Murfreesboro from where I live, even with just an 80% charge (as long as I can get a charge for the return leg).

I wish Blink would show the status of the DC QC stations as they do with the L2 devices, that would save having to make calls.

Hello Rachel,

according to the BLINK map all DC fast chargers (like at the Cracker Barrels) have been working fine since they upgraded the software, and made some needed modifications on the the Hardware (RF-Card Readers).

I just took a trip last week to Gatlinburg, TN and back (stayed for a week there), on my way up all except the Lebanon TN CB DC faster charger, had worked flawlessly. Blink took the DC fast chargers offline (removed them from the BLINK map) prior to my return trip last weekend, so they could upgrade the software. So I just had to take a "little" risk, since I could not check if they where working or not, but did not encounter any problems except in Lebanon, TN. Not even the L2 was working once we got there, pretty bad for a "flagship" store.

I checked on the DC fast chargers again a couple of days ago, and today, to see that they are back online, and FYI JPWhite, they do show the status, as 1 available or 1 in use, or 1 not available on the map. I found it is a little delayed, once I plug in and start charging it takes about 5 -15 minute for it to show up on the blink map, but it does show if they are down, or up and running and if they are available. So they (BLINK) have fixed that issue, successfully.

We learned on our trip 226 miles one way, that just to be save - plan on stopping on every DC Fast charger site, and top off to 90% - never less, just to be prepared for the unforeseen event that one of them down the road becomes unavailable.

Also since we have quite a few hills here in TN :) I highly recommend to reduce your speed if you go on the Interstate, if the DC Fast Chargers are further then 50 Miles apart, I took the trip to Knoxville 4 times now, and selected several routes, including going all Country road, which of course gave me quite a good miles per kWh, but it eat up the time I used to do the trip... On two of the interstate trips for the segment Lebanon to Cookeville if I traveled 70 mph all the way then I would barely make it (had 8-10 miles left) (1 bar) arriving at Cookeville. But if I would go only 60 miles per hour, then I would arrive there with 30 - 40 miles range left (4 bars).

I also noticed that you don't have hardly any Fast Charger in between Atlanta and 1460 N. Mack Smith Road, Chattanooga, TN, how are you planning to do that?

Are you going to go during the Week, or are you traveling on a weekend?

I would love to come meet you half the way, and then chuck back with you to Nashville, would be fun!

Ralph

ralphmc,
Excellent advice that you've shared.
With the loss in range with speed >60mph and with some of the DCFC locations being 50 miles apart, is very sound advise for the most pragmatic way to use DCFC for long distance travel.
Is it easy to get used to 99% of the traffic passing you with a speed differential of 10 to 20 mph? Especially the large amount of tractor trailers on I-40?
Or does it take a while to adjust to it?

TimLee said:
ralphmc,
Excellent advice that you've shared.
With the loss in range with speed >60mph and with some of the DCFC locations being 50 miles apart, is very sound advise for the most pragmatic way to use DCFC for long distance travel.
Is it easy to get used to 99% of the traffic passing you with a speed differential of 10 to 20 mph? Especially the large amount of tractor trailers on I-40?
Or does it take a while to adjust to it?

I found that yes there are some "speed" kings on 18 wheels out there, but you will be amazed at how many - specially the professional drivers - are going 65 or even 60 to manage there fuel bills better.

I have adjusted very quickly to the passing cars, and usually it is not all the time, like a constant passing game, they will usually be in a group of 10 - 15 cars that pass you, so it just like having to wait your turn after the last one pass you, so you just stay right anyway.

Ralphmc

ralphmc said:
I checked on the DC fast chargers again a couple of days ago, and today, to see that they are back online, and FYI JPWhite, they do show the status, as 1 available or 1 in use, or 1 not available on the map. I found it is a little delayed, once I plug in and start charging it takes about 5 -15 minute for it to show up on the blink map, but it does show if they are down, or up and running and if they are available. So they (BLINK) have fixed that issue, successfully.

Ralph

Yeah, I was confusing the Android app with the website. The website does show status of the DC fast charge stations. The Android app only show the L2 status. Maybe an update to the app will come soon. Knowing status while on the road is kinda crucial when deciding where to charge.

JP

ralphmc said:
rslatkin said:

I also noticed that you don't have hardly any Fast Charger in between Atlanta and 1460 N. Mack Smith Road, Chattanooga, TN, how are you planning to do that?

Currently I'm planning to drive up on Sunday and then back on Friday.

In Georgia, I'm going to stop in Woodstock to charge and then again at Pye Nissan in Dalton. On my last trip back from Murfreesboro in my ICE, I stopped to chat with the manager of Pye Nissan and he was very friendly and encouraged me to stop by and charge. They will be closed on Sunday but their lot doesn't have gates and he said it would be great to have a Leaf charging there.

It looks like the Blink website says the Kimball QC is currently offline. Hopefully it will be back up again by Sunday.

You all,

how about our next meet-up?

I have found a great company and sponsor http://www.icc-tn.com/ in Historic Ingelwood http://www.liveinglewoodtn.com/, TN, the "green" community, if not the "greenest" in Metro Nashville area.

The site has 3 "working" BLINK L2 chargers (w. new zip code thing), and plenty of additional parking, plus they will be getting a DC Fast charger also.

Our sponsor is ready to have a "fleet" of EV on his parking lot, and will treat us to "lunch", in the Bistro & restaurant across the street.

So what do you guys think?

Weekend or during the Week -

It would be great if we all could get together again, and hopefully Rslatkin could join us too, next week or?

Ralphmc

rslatkin said:
ralphmc said:
rslatkin said:

Currently I'm planning to drive up on Sunday and then back on Friday.

In Georgia, I'm going to stop in Woodstock to charge and then again at Pye Nissan in Dalton. On my last trip back from Murfreesboro in my ICE, I stopped to chat with the manager of Pye Nissan and he was very friendly and encouraged me to stop by and charge. They will be closed on Sunday but their lot doesn't have gates and he said it would be great to have a Leaf charging there.

It looks like the Blink website says the Kimball QC is currently offline. Hopefully it will be back up again by Sunday.

ralphmc said:
You all,

I have found a great company and sponsor http://www.icc-tn.com/ in Historic Ingelwood http://www.liveinglewoodtn.com/, TN, the "green" community, if not the "greenest" in Metro Nashville area.

The site has 3 "working" BLINK L2 chargers (w. new zip code thing), and plenty of additional parking, plus they will be getting a DC Fast charger also.

Our sponsor is ready to have a "fleet" of EV on his parking lot, and will treat us to "lunch", in the Bistro & restaurant across the street.

It would be great if we all could get together again, and hopefully Rslatkin could join us too, next week or?

Ralphmc

This is on my side of town so that is great!! Easy access from Ellington Parkway. Count me in.

If Rachael has some free time to come up from Murfreesboro, then that will be great. Weekdays would probably have to be evening which may not work out too well with the sponsor.

For a weekend it would be ideal.

TimLee said:
East Ridge Blink DCFC dead in the water today, 05-15-2011, 11:20 AM. Eaton DCFC at Murphy Express also dead in the water.
I was going to come up today for Lunch at Cracker Barrel, too! I called CB yesterday and they said they were up, but I called Murphy and found out it was broken and started to get cold feet. Within an hour all the CBs disappeared from the map again. :roll:

ralphmc said:

If I'm in town, I'll certainly try to make it, even if it's in my hybrid and not the Leaf.

It looks like the QCs on I-24 have disappeared from the Blink map. Anyone know what's going on?

-Rachel

rslatkin said:
ralphmc said:

If I'm in town, I'll certainly try to make it, even if it's in my hybrid and not the Leaf.

It looks like the QCs on I-24 have disappeared from the Blink map. Anyone know what's going on?

-Rachel

QC's on I-40 have disappeared also. Looks like they have removed them all.

Well, I did get an answer, on why they dissapeared...
BLINK is working on updating the browser interface to give EV users a better, more detailed set of information, so they tried to join the icons for the L2 and the DC fast charger, but in process, they lost the data for the DC fast chargers. It has been escalated as bug, and will be addressed soon. Just depends on who you talk too :)

Ralphmc

JPWhite said:
ralphmc said:
You all,

Ralphmc

This is on my side of town so that is great!! Easy access from Ellington Parkway. Count me in.

If Rachael has some free time to come up from Murfreesboro, then that will be great. Weekdays would probably have to be evening which may not work out too well with the sponsor.

For a weekend it would be ideal.

I'm down, weekends work best for me too.

Back