NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ralphmc said:
Well, I did get an answer, on why they dissapeared...
BLINK is working on updating the browser interface to give EV users a better, more detailed set of information, so they tried to join the icons for the L2 and the DC fast charger, but in process, they lost the data for the DC fast chargers. It has been escalated as bug, and will be addressed soon. Just depends on who you talk too :)

Ralphmc

Does that mean the chargers themselves are working?

rslatkin said:
ralphmc said:
Well, I did get an answer, on why they dissapeared...
BLINK is working on updating the browser interface to give EV users a better, more detailed set of information, so they tried to join the icons for the L2 and the DC fast charger, but in process, they lost the data for the DC fast chargers. It has been escalated as bug, and will be addressed soon. Just depends on who you talk too :)

Ralphmc

Does that mean the chargers themselves are working?

According to the agent I spoke with he confirmed that he saw it online, without trouble code. This is the same thing I expirienced on my way back from Gatlinburg, TN, the weekend I returned, the DC fast chargers where gone, so I took achance, and continued back home, to find thst all of them except.for the CB Lebanon where working fine.i knew the Lebanon was probably not eorking since I called that in the weekend I started my trip.

Ralphmc

ralphmc said:
You all,

how about our next meet-up?

I have found a great company and sponsor http://www.icc-tn.com/ in Historic Ingelwood http://www.liveinglewoodtn.com/, TN, the "green" community, if not the "greenest" in Metro Nashville area.

(snip)

So what do you guys think?

Weekend or during the Week -

It would be great if we all could get together again, and hopefully Rslatkin could join us too, next week or?

I'd love to do a meetup, weather permitting. I don't see an airport close by, except the big Nashville one, and I don't think they would appreciate a dinky little Cessna flying in there LOL

Maybe i could LEAF-frog from Smyrna or John C. Tune airport? Weekends work best for me.

Keeping an eye on the thread -- and the weather. LOL

Cheers, Bert

kg4bec said:
ralphmc said:
You all,

how about our next meet-up?

I have found a great company and sponsor http://www.icc-tn.com/ in Historic Ingelwood http://www.liveinglewoodtn.com/, TN, the "green" community, if not the "greenest" in Metro Nashville area.

(snip)

So what do you guys think?

Weekend or during the Week -

It would be great if we all could get together again, and hopefully Rslatkin could join us too, next week or?

I'd love to do a meetup, weather permitting. I don't see an airport close by, except the big Nashville one, and I don't think they would appreciate a dinky little Cessna flying in there LOL

Maybe i could LEAF-frog from Smyrna or John C. Tune airport? Weekends work best for me.

Keeping an eye on the thread -- and the weather. LOL

Cheers, Bert

Hey Bert, if I can make the meetup (pending a date), I live near the Smyrna Airport and don't mind coming to pick you up.

The Blink website is still... on the blink. If anyone near the DC quick chargers at East Ridge, Kimball, or Manchester has the time before Sunday to go try out the quick chargers there, it would help me a lot. A review on plugshare would be perfect.

Thanks,
Rachel

rslatkin said:
The Blink website is still... on the blink. If anyone near the DC quick chargers at East Ridge, Kimball, or Manchester has the time before Sunday to go try out the quick chargers there, it would help me a lot. A review on plugshare would be perfect.

Thanks,
Rachel
The QC at CB Murfreesboro is working, but only the left port, the right one has ”not in service”

Ralphmc

ralphmc said:
rslatkin said:

Thanks,
Rachel
The QC at CB Murfreesboro is working, but only the left port, the right one has ”not in service”

Ralphmc

Interesting. Last time (~threeweeks ago) that I charged there, the right port was good and the left one was "not in service." Maybe they fixed the one, and the other has broken...

TNleaf said:
ralphmc said:
rslatkin said:

Thanks,
Rachel

Ralphmc

Interesting. Last time (~threeweeks ago) that I charged there, the right port was good and the left one was "not in service." Maybe they fixed the one, and the other has broken...

So now I'm stuck...
The CB DC fast charger at Manchester is showing, error ”emergency stop was pressed”. The CB staff here tried several times, to ”reset” the braker in the panel (75 & 125 amp). But it did not help, the support agent on the phonesaid it is an electrical problem, an only an on-site tech can find out what the issue is.

So i'm doing breakfast here, and enjoy a 4 hour charge on the L2.

Ralphmc

Next time we come out to Nashville to visit our daugher - I definately hope we can meet up with the TN Leaf'rs.
Y'all

:lol:

rslatkin said:

Thanks,
Rachel

On Saturday, 05-19-2012, both of the East Ridge Cracker Barrel DCFC are still out of service.
But the Murphy Express Eaton DCFC was repaired on Friday, 05-18-2012, and worked for me on Saturday around 17:00.
See details: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5349&start=50#p198977" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mission Report: Brentwood to Hendersonville & Return:

Saturday, car at "80 miles" on the guessometer. Battery temp at 6 notches. HVAC set to 60 degrees, auto-off, fan lowest, car cooled in garage which was at about 70 degrees. Departed with one Pax, see route of travel on my attached APRS map image. Arrived Hendersonville with 42 miles on GOM. Partied, drank lots of ice tea, bbq, home grown and fried up string beans with fat-back wrapping, macaroni salad with Tabasco, etc. Congrats to new HS grad with handshake and $100 bill and phone number of best titty bar in Nashville. Returned home, miles remaining on GOM = 4 miles. Driving was easy, usually at 65 mph on cruise control with air cond on as prescribed in another posting here on forum as "maximum savings HVAC setting". Waved at two Leafs, one southbound, white like mine and the other northbound on New Shackle Road going other way (probably towards the Dairy Queen).

Cheers,

Dave

CWO4Mann said:

Saturday, car at "80 miles" on the guessometer. Battery temp at 6 notches. HVAC set to 60 degrees, auto-off, fan lowest, car cooled in garage which was at about 70 degrees.

Interesting settings. What's logic behind that choice?

I set to 71 with auto on, cruise control, eco mode.. It settles down to impacting range by 2-3 miles only on that setting with GOM of 100+ miles. Initially it impacts range by 4-5 miles, but only for the first 2-3 minutes.

JPWhite said:
CWO4Mann said:

Saturday, car at "80 miles" on the guessometer. Battery temp at 6 notches. HVAC set to 60 degrees, auto-off, fan lowest, car cooled in garage which was at about 70 degrees.

Interesting settings. What's logic behind that choice?

I set to 71 with auto on, cruise control, eco mode.. It settles down to impacting range by 2-3 miles only on that setting with GOM of 100+ miles. Initially it impacts range by 4-5 miles, but only for the first 2-3 minutes.

I was testing settings recommended by another LEaf owner on the regular part of the forum, he's on the Left Coast, I think. Anyway, his idea was to set the thermostat at 60 (the lowest settings), and run the system in manual mode with the fan at the lowest setting. For me this ends up blowing a lot of cold air and I have to cycle the system off and on, at least on this trip. M next lengthy trip I will use the auto setting and set the thermostatic at 72 degrees which is were I prefer it anyway. I usually go out of the garage with the GOM at 110 to 114 miles. The GOM rapidly drops to around 100 by the time I get up Franklin Pike a few miles. I figure that the GOM has those extra "14 miles" as something like icing on the cake and they aren't really that many miles.

Dave

rslatkin said:
East Ridge and Murphy Express quick chargers are both down. Slow electrons for me at East Ridge for a while.
:( Bummer. I hope you catch better luck somewhere along the line!

rslatkin said:
Kimball quick charger is down. I'll be hanging out here a while.

At oh for three the quick chargers are not doing you any favors. So sorry you having such a trial Rachel. Be worth a blog post.

I want to take a trip to Chattanooga, but given the state of the QC network I may wait for sometime before attempting it.

What are Blink saying when you call in the fault(s)?

JP

rslatkin said:
Kimball quick charger is down. I'll be hanging out here a while.
If it makes you feel any better, the blink map shows the L2 station at Kimball is in use while you use it.

rslatkin said:
East Ridge and Murphy Express quick chargers are both down. Slow electrons for me at East Ridge for a while.

rslatkin,

What is the display saying when you got to the DC fast charger in Kimball?

The Manager for the CB store and I where able to get the DC fast charger at Stewart's Ferry to work again, by resetting the breaker in one of the panels that all CB stores have the keys for.

What is on the screen on the right unit, and on the left unit?

Ralph

Back