Navigation System

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cybermotor

I had my Navigation SD card stolen. I bought a new one on Ebay and now when I put it in it says on the screen SD UNLOCK NG. Can anyone help me I have bought 2 different SD cards and neither one work and both of the numbers came from parts guys with nissan dealerships.

Sorry to say it but you are screwed. You cannot replace the sd cards on the nav untit. I have seen the same issue and worked with Nissan, and Nav Tech the manufacturer directly. You will need to bite the bullet and replace the head unit at $2200.00.

Why is the SD card "married" to the head unit? And why does it cost $300 when an SD card is <$20? That's unbelievable (but so is stealing an SD card out of a car?)!

It is tied to the id number of the head unit to prevent people from copying the card and passing it on to others. This happens when you first insert a new, virgin card. You are paying for the Intellectual Property, not the card itself. The actual Navteq price is about $150 I believe...

Stanton said:
Why is the SD card "married" to the head unit? And why does it cost $300 when an SD card is <$20? That's unbelievable (but so is stealing an SD card out of a car?)!

TomT said:
It is tied to the id number of the head unit to prevent people from copying the card and passing it on to others. You are paying for the Intellectual Property, not the card itself. The actual Navteq price is about $150 I believe...

Stanton said:

Can you make a backup copy before someone steals it?

There's another thread on this at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Perhaps they should be merged?

Back