Need new wiper blades

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So no refills then. Very wasteful. But I'm afraid that's the way the world is going. At least the plastic is recyclable.

With that said, a nice aerodynamic aftermarket replacement is probably the way to go, given the price (and the quality) of the OEM part. And from that perspective, both the Bosch Icons and the RainX Latitudes fit the requirements quite well.

Any other recommendations? Or if you've found a set of refills that will work even!

I like the durability and performance of the Bosch ICON wipers. I might give the Rain-X Latitudes next time. I wasn't going to try and get the replacement blades from the dealer. I did however hang onto the original wipers just-in-case. :)

mwalsh said:
drees said:
Where did you get that information though? When I searched those numbers they came up as being for an '89 Stanza, and nothing else.
Grr, my part # lookup must have failed when I found those numbers. Now all my searches indicate that the insert is only available with the blades.

P/N: 28890-ZE0001 28890-ZE0002

Any other recommendations? Or if you've found a set of refills that will work even!
All in all, I would still recommend the Trico beams. I've been using them lately, living in the fringe area of Superstorm Sandy, and they work as well after being on the car for 1 year as the stock ones did after a few months. Maybe not zero streaks, but I'm unable to pin that to these blades.

Well, I've been looking at wiper blades for a couple of weeks and there are a couple of things to look out for. The big one is that if you replace the entire assembly, your new blades do indeed need the offset where the arm attaches. Like in this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3INYdETrDPM[/youtube]

The Trico replacements that do not have the offset won't properly fit without manually repositioning the wiper arm (if even possible). Like in this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4UpZh8hemM[/youtube]

I found that the Trico Flex was the best option to keep the aerodynamic shape and keep the original offset. The 26" one (Amazon.com link) for the driver side and the 16" one (Amazon.com link) for the passenger side seem to be a perfect fit!

Has anyone else ever tried Valeo wipers?
http://www.valeoserviceusa.com/products/wiper-systems" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I heard of them a few years back, and they were the highest rated by Consumer Reports or some other testing agency, so I tried them for my Prius. I think I bought the 900 series Ultimate blades, and they seem to work very well.

keydiver said:
Has anyone else ever tried Valeo wipers?
http://www.valeoserviceusa.com/products/wiper-systems" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I heard of them a few years back, and they were the highest rated by Consumer Reports or some other testing agency, so I tried them for my Prius. I think I bought the 900 series Ultimate blades, and they seem to work very well.
Looking at the pictures of the 900 series and Gen2, it doesn't appear that there is any offset. You might be able to use a shorter passenger side though to overcome the interference issues, but I'm not certain.

I think it's a sign of how low-maintenance the LEAF is, that the Wiper Blade thread spends weeks at the top of the new posts :D

Maybe I blew the offset and that's a streaking culprit? Have to check, but I didn't see any installation issues. It was pretty much a snap.

I think it's a sign of how low-maintenance the LEAF is...

I don't see a post on it right now, though I'm sure the results of Consumer Reports' reliability survey have been discussed:
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ctric-vehicles-do-well-in-reliability-survey/
The all-electric Nissan Leaf has above-average predicted reliability, and the editors said it was the Nissan model with the best predicted reliability.

Nubo said:
I think it's a sign of how low-maintenance the LEAF is, that the Wiper Blade thread spends weeks at the top of the new posts :D
Too much time on our hands, since there's nothing to fix: let's discuss the best wiper blades, car wax, and of course what type of air to put in the tires.

DeaneG said:
Nubo said:
Too much time on our hands, since there's nothing to fix: let's discuss the best wiper blades, car wax, and of course what type of air to put in the tires.

appliance-repair-man1.jpg

Couldn't spot any blades with offset attachments at the parts store, so I settled on Bosch Icon.

Noticed that some (not all) of the lengths in the rack had both "A" and "B" versions. There was no reference guide, the counter dude didn't have a clue and the Bosch engineer was not in the store that day. Per the package, driver side is "A" and passenger side might be "A" or "B" depending on your curvature. I didn't know if I had an "A" curvature or a "B" curvature but in any case, the 16 inch were only available in "A" so I just bought what they had -- 26A and 16A.

There is no interference issue from losing the offset. Both wipers just ride a fraction of an inch lower to the sill, and the stroke ends just a bit further from the driver's window edge but no real difference in practical terms.

The arm does ride a bit higher but since the profile of the blade is shorter the final difference is maybe just 5/8". Noticeable from inside the car but only because I was checking. Aero plus or minus? Who knows. The entire blade body is lower profile so maybe it's a wash.

They work great so I don't know if having both sides "A" is "optimal" but doesn't seem to be a problem. You don't realize the condition of your blades until you put on a new set that seems to catch every molecule of water.

Spent about an hour online researching the A-B enigma out of curiosity and it's still as clear as mud. The Bosch website adds no further enlightenment and the LEAF isn't in their car-finder database. Weird.

I've had my leaf for almost 6 months now, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed that the water when it rains breaks really bad, very spotty even when brand new.. I changed the wiper blades and that didn't help. I finally got rain repellent and now the wipers work perfectly, off course rain repellent has to be applied periodically, it does wear off. This is the only car I've had to do this on. Could it be the quality of the windshield glass, maybe it not having a smooth finish or something?

Back