Nissan has released Lease info on Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The residual value is 45% of 34540 =15543+tax is what you will be able to buy the vehicle for at the end of 3 years. That value is fixed regardless of how many miles you place on the car. Leasing is really attractive on this vehicle in my opinion because if incentives are not available in 3 years like the 7500 or 5k in Ca, it just drives the value of the car upwards. My prediction is that 3 year old leafs may sell in the 20's in 3 years if a new one is 34k+ with limited or no rebates/tax credits. I think its an opportunity.

What would the lease payment be on a SL including the 5K CA rebate, 10K miles per year. 36 months? and will Nissan discount the lease if you prepay it

Thanks!

The 5k rebate isn't incorporated into the lease. You get that money later. The rate for 10k or 12k is the same. I am not offering a 1k discount. We are working on some issues related to the 1pay lease. When we have resolved them I'll be sure to get you a quote based on 36mos, 12k, 1pay. You can always back the 5k off of the amount you pay to determine your net.

mossyleaf said:
The 5k rebate isn't incorporated into the lease. You get that money later. The rate for 10k or 12k is the same. I am not offering a 1k discount. We are working on some issues related to the 1pay lease. When we have resolved them I'll be sure to get you a quote based on 36mos, 12k, 1pay. You can always back the 5k off of the amount you pay to determine your net.

I was looking for how much the 5K would lower your lease payment, I know that I would have too prepay it and submit the paperwork.

Thanks

Leasing out of state shouldn't be an issue. Have many parents who lease cars for thier kids going to college. Student is here and Parents are out of state, no biggie. Re the lease question, take the 35 paymentsX377=13195-5000= 8195/35 234 effective payment. Doesn't include any tax.

Ready2plugin said:
mossyleaf said:
48 mos 2469 drive off 360+tax (8.75) 391. 15k miles

Thanks! I probably missed it, but what is the residual after 4 years?

Hmmm ... one more thing to consider. Most other EVs are coming in 2012/13. Good thing is Gen 2 of Leaf will probably be out in 4 years ...

@mod: Perhaps a separate thread about lease options?

I got some more comprehensive info for those who want to release their inner-accountant:
This came from another dealer who prefers to stay low-profile but helpful. Perhaps Leon can corroborate?
Lease numbers:
Model / Months -> Res / Months -> Res / Months -> Res
SV / 24-> 51% / 36-> 45% / 39-> 44% / 48-> 41%
SL / 24-> 49% / 36-> 44% / 39-> 43% / 48-> 39%
SL-E / 24-> 50% / 36-> 44% / 39-> 43% / 48-> 39%

Yes, there's evidently an SL-E (perhaps the L3 port?)

MFs:
Tier 0 -- 0.00204 Credit score 740+
Tier 1 -- 0.00224 Credit score 700-739
Tier 2 -- 0.00264 Credit score 660-699
Tier 3 -- 0.00369 Credit score 620-639
Tier 4 -- 0.00454 Credit score 600 - 619

Be aware, dealers can markup the MF so know what you qualify for, talk to other dealers when you get your lease quote.

Hope this helps. Thanks again to those dealers who are actively helping us with up to the minute info.

oh wow, mossy, can you explain in layman's terms? I've never leased before and I don't get all this. :) So, how much down, how much per month (and after we pay the Cali. $5k back), how much to buyout at the end of the lease? for SL in Santa Monica. What does residual mean? thanks!

What's an SL-E model? (edited: oops, I see now you mentioned that. SL-Ecotality?)

I see no mention of the 1% for 10/12K vs 15K miles/year.

I'm with you, Malloryk. Never leased, don't understand it. Just a bunch of numbers.

malloryk said:
oh wow, mossy, can you explain in layman's terms? I've never leased before and I don't get all this. :) So, how much down, how much per month (and after we pay the Cali. $5k back), how much to buyout at the end of the lease? for SL in Santa Monica. What does residual mean? thanks!
Here's the first page I found on Google:
http://www.leaseguide.com/lease03.htm

cinmar said:
malloryk said:
Here's the first page I found on Google:
http://www.leaseguide.com/lease03.htm

cool, thx cinmar! I'll read through this.

Here's how I explain leasing. Lets say you want a car that cost 20k. You do a 3 yr lease and the residual value is 50% 10k. You pay the 10k over 3 years+ interest (they call a money factor). AT the end of three years you have the option to buy the remainder they call the residual value (10k in this example). You can finance that if you wish. You pay tax on the residual only if you end up buying it. You may decide not to buy it and return the car and just return it. If you do that you are subject to the miles per year which were agreed upon up front. 15k miles per year is very standard so 45k for 3yrs. If you drive more than that mileage you are charged a penalty, with nissan it's 15cents per mile. You are also required to return the car free of damage other than what is deemed normal wear and tear. Lease's do have a few fees tied into them such as an aquisition fee which you pay up front with nissan it's 595 and a disposition fee if you give the car back at the end 395. The residual amounts are fixed by the lender and vary by term. So on the Leaf Sl for 36 months it 44%. So you would take 44% from the MSRP including destination and come up with your residual value. You will pay the difference of the selling price+595 aquisition fee minus the residual over the three years +financing. Hope that's not too confusing.

mossyleaf said:
Here's how I explain leasing. Lets say you want a car that cost 20k. You do a 3 yr lease and the residual value is 50% 10k. You pay the 10k over 3 years+ interest (they call a money factor). AT the end of three years you have the option to buy the remainder they call the residual value (10k in this example). You can finance that if you wish. You pay tax on the residual only if you end up buying it. You may decide not to buy it and return the car and just return it. If you do that you are subject to the miles per year which were agreed upon up front. 15k miles per year is very standard so 45k for 3yrs. If you drive more than that mileage you are charged a penalty, with nissan it's 15cents per mile. You are also required to return the car free of damage other than what is deemed normal wear and tear. Lease's do have a few fees tied into them such as an aquisition fee which you pay up front with nissan it's 595 and a disposition fee if you give the car back at the end 395. The residual amounts are fixed by the lender and vary by term. So on the Leaf Sl for 36 months it 44%. So you would take 44% from the MSRP including destination and come up with your residual value. You will pay the difference of the selling price+595 aquisition fee minus the residual over the three years +financing. Hope that's not too confusing.

that's great. Def. going to think it over. thanks for your help!

Back