Nissan has released Lease info on Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFfan - I just PM'd you the dealership information. Anybody else who wants to find out who the dealership was, feel free to PM me. I'm now on a mission. The more people I can steer away from that dealership / salesperson, the better - just do me a BIG favor, and be sure to stop by the dealership to let the salesperson know that he lost your business because he screwed over a good customer who should have gotten a much better rate. I would like him to know in a way that affects his pocketbook that he has actually lost real business as a result of his actions.

I was taken pretty badly. I didn't realize how badly until now. I will not enjoy this car anymore. Seriously. I will always remember this every time I get into the LEAF. If I could return it right now, I would.

It's a good thing it's my wife's vehicle, and I won't drive it much.

Sigh. Two more questions:

1) Does anyone know the tier 0 MF rate? (Just so I can cry some more).
2) None of the numbers that were discussed during the sale (Money Factor, our down payment, etc.) seem to appear on my copy of the Nissan lease agreement. Can anyone please help me "back-fill" the numbers from the lease paperwork into a lease calculator? I wanted to check out some other figures.

Thanks (sadly),

AzJazz

Sigh. You always want to know the numbers, and have alternate financing lined up, or this can happen. Unfortunately, a lot of people are stuck leasing from the dealer because of the tax credit. Hope they do turn it into a rebate available at purchase. Too many people can't take the credit.

PS I see no reason not to name names, personally.

AzJazz said:
2) None of the numbers that were discussed during the sale (Money Factor, our down payment, etc.) seem to appear on my copy of the Nissan lease agreement. Can anyone please help me "back-fill" the numbers from the lease paperwork into a lease calculator? I wanted to check out some other figures.
Your down payment should be at the end of Section 4 -- line III not including the $7500 credit on line II.

Somebody had better check me on this, but I think as a rough estimate of the interest you could use values from Section 5. Take the Adjusted Capitalized Cost (c) and subtract half the Depreciation and Amortized Amounts (e) to get the average amount you are paying interest on. Then, assuming a 36 month lease, take 1/3 of the Rent charge (f) and divide it by the above average amount. That should give you the approximate interest rate. (Multiply by 100, of course, to make it a percentage).

Ray

Back