Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFfan said:
I avoided all the freeways/Interstates and kept it in ECO all the time. Some of the speed limits on the way there were 35mph so I went 35 and coasted in 'N' about a half mile from the lights when I knew I couldn't make them on green.
If there were no traffic behind me, I went 38mph in the 40 and 45mph zones. What really surprised me was I didn't lose that much driving up the mountain to 2300 feet and using the regen in ECO allowed me to take the tight turns without using my brakes. I used them once when the traffic ahead of me on the curves was going so slowly.

You are well disciplined. I nominate you for the hypermiler award. Good job.
Now I know what could be achieved if I ever really need to stretch my range.

Im going to try to make it to the pluginamerica @ downtown Phx..I may not get there until after 12pm tho..

Gonewild said:
He must have all day to go there at 35mph

LOL, most of the way was at 38mph. Some of the route is 35 though and of course when in the mountains, most of that is 15-25mph. It's a very long drive out there (40+ miles), but it's a very pleasant one. And you're right, I don't need to hurry. There's a fruit and veggie market on Apache Trail east of Signal Butte called Superstition Ranch Market that has excellent produce at very inexpensive prices...much less than any grocery stores.
Edit: I just realized there were TWO Ranch Markets. The one farther east (Apache Junction) is no longer there, but the other one is in Mesa on E Main ST (4755) just east of Greenfield Rd.

mark13 said:
Im going to try to make it to the pluginamerica @ downtown Phx..I may not get there until after 12pm tho..
I am not sure you need to RSVP Jim Stacks for him to have a parking spot for you.

Well *somebody* was at MakerFaire because they found the spot I "saved" for them...lol. I have no idea who it was but it was funny to come out and think someone painted my car while I was away from it.

IMG_0125.JPG

I got an invitation too. It would be pretty cool to make that a small gathering place for owners.

Did anybody here go to the Phoenix Plug-In event? I couldn't make it, but wondered what kind of things happened?

I didn't go to the plug in event, though Jim Stack was at Makerfaire and I talked to him for a bit.

I'll be going to the nissan event on sat. Maybe we can all arrange to be there around the same time. I have a previous commitment on sunday. (If anyone is into shooting, I'm running an event at Ben Avery http://www.localshooters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Saturday works best for me, also, as I have commitments both Friday and Sunday.

How about if we meet around 10AM, to take advantage of the cooler morning temps? The hours for the event are from 9AM-8PM on Saturday.

The parking lot is pretty big at the Arizona Mills, I'm sure we can find some spot near the event for our 'Leaf Collection'

I stopped by the event at Monti's in Tempe. There were about a half dozen LEAFs, a Volt, a Tesla Roadster, and a Smart ED. The Sierra Club had a small display and the Tesla's owner was giving rides to anyone interested. Not very many people seemed to be passing through. I got to speak with Michael Monti for a little bit. He is a real nice guy.

I also got an invite. Don't know if I can get there, but will try if work allows.

I did not get to the Plug-In. Would love to hear about what went on.

I will not be able to make it Saturday as I will be helping with a Habitat for Humanity house build. I may try and make it by Sunday just to look around.

This was taken Friday, 10/21/2011 around 11 am. My LEAF charging next to a Volt in Central Phoenix, specifically at The Clarendon Hotel at 401 W. Clarendon. The future is (almost) here:

IMG_0033-1.jpg

Back