Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta help with a move this Saturday 3/10 and may be out of town 4/17. But I live not too far from IKEA so if I can make it for some reason or on another date, I'm game.

I called Bell Ford and Riverview Toyota and both said the DCQCs will be online in a week or so. Both said they are going to charge what it costs them for the juice, but neither had any idea what it would be yet.
I went to SRP's two Blinks in Tempe (next to the Oakland A's field/players' parking). They are available 24/7 and open to the public. However, there were three ICEs in the spots and one of them was SRP's! I politely told the guard and the truck security person that all three were parked illegally and could be towed. I gave him the plate numbers and two of the drivers came out. I talked to one and she said their boss said it was okay to park there since they were getting very little use. I asked her if she would park in a handicapped spot if they weren't being used and she said no. I said it was the same thing with the EV only spots. She thanked me and then moved her car. This was the ONLY time I really needed a little juice.
Any Saturday morning at IKEA is okay for me.

phxsmiley said:
What if we have a get together this Saturday March 10th, or Saturday April 7th at the Ikea store, around 9AM. I'm busy for the other weekends. There are 4 Blink units there that people can use from the North. We can go in and get some breakfast.

There are also 6 Blink units at Rio Solado college, to the North about 4 miles, but those are always occupied by Rio Solado campus vehicles - I have a complaint in with Blink about that...

I support April 7th!

LEAFfan said:
I went to SRP's two Blinks in Tempe (next to the Oakland A's field/players' parking). They are available 24/7 and open to the public. However, there were three ICEs in the spots and one of them was SRP's! I politely told the guard and the truck security person that all three were parked illegally and could be towed. I gave him the plate numbers and two of the drivers came out. I talked to one and she said their boss said it was okay to park there since they were getting very little use. I asked her if she would park in a handicapped spot if they weren't being used and she said no. I said it was the same thing with the EV only spots. She thanked me and then moved her car. This was the ONLY time I really needed a little juice.
I've been to the SRP lot and I'm surprised to hear that people ICE their cars in those EV spots because it's not like those spots are premium spots right up front near the door or anything. They're located quite a way away from the main entrance. I wish all public EVSEs have long enough cords that they can reach beyond the parking spots in case you're in a bind and there's room to temporarily park behind the ICE cars and still plug in while you wait there.

spyderrs said:
Sorry, I should have specified that one I didn't see was on the Southern(directionally wise) side of the campus,nearer rt#60 but that as you stated the 2 I did see and use were nearer Southern Avenue which is the North side of the college.

Once again sorry for the confusion!
I stopped by the Mesa Community College to check out all 3 chargers last weekend and here's what I found: On the entrance from Southern (Rose Garden entrance), if you turn left (going east) you will find 2 chargers, if you turn right (going west), you'll find 1 charger. All 3 chargers face Southern.

I've also updated Plugshare accordingly.

Good News! The Riverview Toyota QC is online! For now, it's FREE! The hours are MON-FRI, 8-9, SAT, 8-8, and SUN 10-6. I went today and the 'right' RFID wouldn't read the card, but the left one did and I charged.
The Bell Ford QC is supposed to go online very soon.
Also, across the street from the Blink/ECOtality Phoenix building (805 N 2nd ST/3-L2 charging stations 24/7), there is a really good Sushi restaurant. :mrgreen:

LEAFfan said:
Also, across the street from the Blink/ECOtality building (805 N 2nd ST/3-L2 charging stations 24/7), there is a really good Sushi restaurant. :mrgreen:

Is that the ECOtality building in Scottsdale?

Did anyone else receive the 'focus group' email from Nissan? It's about the VSP (vehicle pedestrian sound). It's April 3rd or 4th for only 30 minutes. They are giving a $150 Visa card to pay for the 30 minutes plus travel. It's going to be at Chandler Blvd and I-10. They give you plenty of times on one of those two days to choose.

I received that too, and I filled out the survey. From the questions in the questionnaire, it sounds like they are wanting Leaf owners to test out a mod to the 'VSP' system.

Ya, for me, I leave the VSP on all the time because I can only hear it when I go into our garage. They may want to modify it so it's a little louder, but not too loud. I've gone through parking lots many times and I've had just a few people say they could hear it. Most have told me they can't hear anything and they are right in front of my car. I can't even hear it with both windows down!

Yup, got it and did the survey.

I hear it with the windows up, no problem. That's why I made the auto off thing.. I probably shouldn't admit that to them though.. lol.

I answered the survey and hope I get invited to participate...could be kinda fun to test out something new - even if you aren't allowed to go more than 15 miles an hour :)

I have never heard the VSP noise - just the backup beeps. I assume it is working, but I never hear it - just the nice whirrrr of the motor.

I received the email yesterday and filled out the survey. I can only hear my "pedestrian warning" when driving between buildings with the windows down at speeds below 8 miles/hour. The manual says it is on up to 16 mi/hr but mine turns off at about 8 mi/hr. I like it that way because it is only on in parking lots. The backup warning is a bit louder, but not loud enough to be obnoxious.

Gerry

April 1st? I thought it was only the 3rd and 4th. They called yesterday and I'm going the 3rd at 11. I will probably stop by IKEA for some extra electrons as its a good 75 miles round trip, all highway for me. I've done it once before on one charge, but I'm not as good as most of you at driving conservatively.

it would have been nice if they had it someplace that was within walking distance of some charge stations..

Back