Poll : Purchase with/without rebates/incentives

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you have bought without incentives ?

• Can't get without both Federal & State incentives

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Can't get without Federal incentives

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Can't get without State incentives

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still would've got it without any incentives

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mogur said:
I think it is going to have to go much higher than that to have a dramatic impact on EV sales. You can buy a very nice high-gas-mileage car for half of what the Leaf costs (and not have to worry about battery life).
Purely in terms of finances, it may be true.

But in terms of psychology, higher gas has a profound impact on American consumers. When the gas hit $4, we curtailed driving quite a bit - even though in terms for actual $ it wasn't probably going to be big difference.

In anycase, Nisan doesn't need a great shift in consumer prefernce - just a small tilt. Even at 150K/year, it is still about 1% of the market. As I have commented elsewhere even if just the MoveOn.org people bought Leafs, it would take Nissan a decade to satisfy the demand.

Oh BTW, a similar sized ICE, similarly equipped as Leaf is more like $20K.

Effect of incentives in UK.

http://www.admiral.com/newsArticles/4663/Survey-raises-hopes-for-'year-of-the-EV'

Prior to being notified about the grant, 36% of respondents said they would consider buying an EV or hybrid. After being told about the scheme, the figure rose to 53%.

If Japanese LEAF buyers in anyway mirror myNissanLeaf Forum members, these poll results make it 'obviously' obvious why Nissan decided to divert U.S. deliveries to satisfy Japanese demand while their incentives are still available.

I think Nissan is doing a good, responsible job getting this EV into production.

Yes, better software would help, and even make the "communication" better, faster, and more helpful.

Hopefully, this first year's mistakes and fixes will help the 2nd round of ordering.

Back