Report about your may 1st reservation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible, hardest car to get and you get $1,000 off msrp

gotta hand it to Nissan here, they setup the process to keep customers from being overcharged for what they hoped would be a hard to get car.

good job Nissan

The last time I did the math, $1,000 is less than 5% of MSRP. Several dealerships that advertise here offer a 5% discount.

oakwcj said:
The last time I did the math, $1,000 is less than 5% of MSRP. Several dealerships that advertise here offer a 5% discount.

It is a matter of market location. OAK is more competitve than SAN for this car. Enjoy the 5%! I'll enjoy the 1k discount! :) I wonder if the dealerships pay the same overhead. Land here where the dealerships are located is quite expensive.

My initial e mail with Nissan was Nov. 2010. I did the test drive at the Tempe Arts Fair in early December. I did the on line survey in April. I received my e-mail today at about 9:30 am and paid my $99 at about noon. I am hoping for eventual delivery in the November-December time frame. Does that sound reasonable? This is my first post here. I did the same thing with Prius Chat before I got my 2008 Prius in Feb. 08. I look forward to much good info on this site and thank all of the experienced folks for their words of wisdom.

Good luck with those estimates. Unless Nissan fixes their port situation, I wouldn't believe 90-120 days. Others had been quoted 5 weeks from manufacture to delivery.... all those extra optimistic quotes are marketing BS from Nissan. My car was manufactured 3/5 and I still don't have it. It's been at port since 3/29...... still not shipping. I hate to burst you guys' bubble, but I speak of facts as I see them for me. Hopefully they'll climb the learning curve quicker and you guys will have a better experience. There's no doubt the numbers they quote is where they ultimately want to be, but I think there's a lot of work required of them until they achieve that. And until then, all they achieve to do is keep eveyone's hopes up, only to crush them in the end. Really sad story for me so far.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Do you mean the port in Japan or in the U.S.? I wonder what the issues are. They're ramping up production, so they need to fix the bottle necks quickly for us and them. I expect they are trying since they don't get paid for undelivered cars.

I meant the port of Long Beach. They received a batch of 600 cars from a boat that left just before the earthquake. My car was on that boat, and has been at LB since 3/29. It had to stay there two weeks to get the AC fix update (I assume future ships will have cars that have received the update at the factory). But it's been "awaiting shipment" since 4/19. It's not the only car that's "left behind", all the while other deliveries are taking place. So if we assume my car was the last of the 600 on that boat to ship out, that would mean that it takes about 4 weeks at port before it ships (discounting 2 for the AC fix). Why that is, I do not know. So they'll for sure get better at this, but still I won't expect them to get that much better. I've read that the next ship(s) will contain many more than 600 cars on them, so whatever process improvement they get to do at port may be offset by the shear increased volume.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit. I would actually prefer a slightly later delivery. Because of the delays all of the initial orders took, I have jumped on it now, and later today received my RAQ e-mail. Because my Prius is leased, and the lease runs out in Feb. 2012, delivery in Dec or January would be perfect. I hope it doesn't come in 90-120 days (August - September) as I really don't want to buy it while still on the hook for multiple lease payments on the Prius. I will be buying. not leasing, the leaf and will be able to pay cash, so I guess its no real big issue. Maybe if I order red, the scuttlebut says additional delay, and red is my first choice anyway. Time will tell, but with a daily drive schedule of 8-40 miles, the Leaf should be perfect. For long trips, we take my wife's Honda Accord. Now if my Homeowners' association would only let me put solar panels on my roof, it would be perfect.

mfmaas said:
Because of the delays all of the initial orders took, I have jumped on it now, and later today received my RAQ e-mail. Now if my Homeowners' association would only let me put solar panels on my roof, it would be perfect.

Wow! That IS much faster than ours. A lot of us reserved Apr. 20th, but I didn't get to order/RAQ until Sept.30 with the earliest being Aug.31st.
Your HOA can put it where the sun doesn't shine. AZ has a solar law and they can't do anything about it. I never even received approval for ours, even though the company submitted the plan. The only way they can keep them off your roof is if it is less expensive and better in your backyard. But I've yet to find anything except roof mounting as the least expensive option. Are you APS or SRP? SRP just started their new incentives. APS is still 1.75/W I believe. If you're interested, I have a super company that gave us a great deal.

I just got my notice to reserve today and am at the RAQ step. I registered sometime early this year. I called around, two Leaf guys said MSRP. I was hoping to get some sort of discount, even a percent or two, but it seems highly unlikely, at least in central Texas.

Just got my email to reserve! :D

I'm at the point where I'm suppose to schedule a "home assessment" but I don't want to go with their very expensive installers. So I guess I'll make a call and let Nissan know that I'll buy my own charging dock and have my own electrician put install it.

Luft
Tenino, WA

Luft said:
...I'll buy my own charging dock and have my own electrician put install it.

Hi Luft. Have you considered the eTec option? Not sure how the qualification works (just applied today myself, and it's pending), but if you do qualify, it's a free charging dock for you. Not sure yet if the installation is also included or not.

I registered for my Leaf on March 8, 2011. I then got an invitation email from Nissan to pay the $99 registration fee on May 10, 2011. I then selected Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa in San Diego and got a call from Leon who offered me $1000 off MSRP without me even asking! (another Leaf I bought earlier in Oregon had no discount).

Pricing:
SL $33,720
Quick Charge 700*
Mats 170
Splash guards 140
Protection package 225
Destination charge 850
Gross total $36,030
Discount 1,000**
Net total $34,805 (including destination charge)

I also got "the email" and am now awaiting the RAQ. I wish there was a way to decline the home charger dock quote (because I'm going to go with a Leviton), but I guess I'll go through the motions. I suspect I'll get the "blue color delay" message, but I'm willing to wait until the end of the year. I registered some time in Dec. 2010 (when I signed up for the test drive).

LEAFfan said:
mfmaas said:
Because of the delays all of the initial orders took, I have jumped on it now, and later today received my RAQ e-mail. Now if my Homeowners' association would only let me put solar panels on my roof, it would be perfect.

Wow! That IS much faster than ours. A lot of us reserved Apr. 20th, but I didn't get to order/RAQ until Sept.30 with the earliest being Aug.31st.
Your HOA can put it where the sun doesn't shine. AZ has a solar law and they can't do anything about it. I never even received approval for ours, even though the company submitted the plan. The only way they can keep them off your roof is if it is less expensive and better in your backyard. But I've yet to find anything except roof mounting as the least expensive option. Are you APS or SRP? SRP just started their new incentives. APS is still 1.75/W I believe. If you're interested, I have a super company that gave us a great deal.

For everyone in California, we have a similar law here. Here's my basic understanding: HOAs are not allowed to completely block PV installations. However, they are allowed to require certain changes. (Typically driven by aesthetics; however, I think PV is beautiful!) The law limits the changes that HOAs can impose on the home owner in terms of the additional cost that would be incurred or decrease in PV performance that would result from the changes. Sometimes HOAs will try to throw their weight around without understand the laws. I found that some friendly communications resolved the matter for my installation.

Woo-hoo! Just placed my order.

Pricing:
SL $32,293
Quick Charge 607
Splash guards 110
eco-design package 219
Protection package 183
Floor Mats 131
Organization package 178
Destination charge 820
Gross total $34,541
Mark-up $300.00
Net total $34,741 (including destination charge)

Nissan is telling people that new orders will come in 9 to 12 weeks but I know that now the waiting begins. :ugeek:

Luft said:
Pricing:
SL $32,293
Quick Charge 607
Splash guards 110
eco-design package 219
Protection package 183
Floor Mats 131
Organization package 178
Destination charge 820
Gross total $34,541
Mark-up $300.00
Nissan is telling people that new orders will come in 9 to 12 weeks but I know that now the waiting begins. :ugeek:

I believe the destination charge is now $850.

LEAFfan said:
Luft said:
Pricing:
SL $32,293
Quick Charge 607
Splash guards 110
eco-design package 219
Protection package 183
Floor Mats 131
Organization package 178
Destination charge 820
Gross total $34,541
Mark-up $300.00

I believe the destination charge is now $850.

The dealer quoted me $820.00. Maybe he shorted himself $30.00 but the bottom line is I pay $34,741.00. The quote has been accepted.

Luft said:

Good for you, Luft! Funny about the delivery timeframes. I ordered yesterday, yet a Nissan chat rep told me 90-120 days. Hmmm... I wonder if they throw a dart, spin a wheel, or just randomly change the units between days and weeks and then move the decimal around for fun! ;). I'll try to be patient.

Back