San Francisco Area?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To clarify- PGE support two meter systems for EVs but San francisco prohibits the use of a second meter so it's pointless. I have to hand it to the Mayor for blowing it on the EV front form all aspects. Why can't you have the meter, the city thinks you wil turn your garage into a second residence and use the meter to separate it.

Some more info on where PG&E is at for EV charging, as of March 2010. I hadn't realized - it looks like PG&E has to work through the CPUC to improve its EV charging rate structure.

http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/NR/rdonlyres/4B8FE1E8-6DB1-47BD-BC5D-01CB9A872017/0/PGEAcceleratingtheInstallationofHomeChargingEquipment.pdf

Reading between the lines, it seems to me that a single-meter rate structure that works for EVs is in the works between the CPUC and PG&E. But it also seems that the solution may be progressing on a geological time scale.

Northbay, Santa Rosa

Definately interested in PG&E rate schedules discussion and moving it to its own thread as we are on the desireable E7 rate with solar electric setup in our fifth year.

My employer, has a 1 MW PV system and provides no charge EV charging, but I expect there will be more Leafs (or is it "Leaves") than outlets.

I am sure hoping the CAB118 CA $5K rebate funding lasts with all the budget woes.

Charging station evaluation in mid July scheduled.

BLEAF

BLEAF said:
Definitely interested in PG&E rate schedules discussion and moving it to its own thread as we are on the desireable E7 rate with solar electric setup in our fifth year.

Good point - these local threads should be organized by electricity provider, not by geographic area!

I think PG&E has four million customers, which should be enough for a separate thread.

Anyone from SF area wants to meet up next week? We are not from there, but will be visiting for a week. Would love to chat with future Leaf drivers about infrastructure.

MG

http://www.examiner.com/x-1995-Green-Car-Examiner~y2009m12d8-Nissan-and-San-Francisco-partner-to-develop-EV-electric-car-charging-network-for-Bay-Area

Nissan and San Francisco partner to develop EV electric car charging network for Bay Area

The Bay Area EV network will plug in nine counties. Nissan will work with San Francisco and the region to promote and develop a vehicle-charging infrastructure, including home charging, plus streamlining the process for installing charging equipment. The Nissan LEAF will be the pilot vehicle for the implementation of this streamlined process.

DeaneG said:
I got September, I heard of only one Aug elsewhere on the forum, the rest Sept or later.

my email says August 2010. I actually contacted my dealer (South County Nissan Hyundai in Gilroy) about it after receiving that email, and he went into further detail by telling me the specific order date would be August 27th and that they'll be receiving their Leafs on December 4th.

earther said:
my email says August 2010. I actually contacted my dealer (South County Nissan Hyundai in Gilroy) about it after receiving that email, and he went into further detail by telling me the specific order date would be August 27th and that they'll be receiving their Leafs on December 4th.

WOW. How does he know that. Can you find out how many he is getting in December ?

I have an order date of November, 2010.
Deposit paid 4/23/2010.

Q: How does one qualify for the $5,000 tax credit?

MaryC said:
Wow you have to order on a specific day? That's the first I heard that.

From what the manager told me, I got the impression that it's not a specific date in which I have to place my order, but rather the date that dealership is allowed to first take orders from customers with reservations.

LEAFer said:
gasmiser1 said:
San Carlos. Commute to Mt. View.

Our office just put in two EV chargers with parking for EV only :p
What type ? Coulomb ? Level 1 ? Level 2 ? Available for public use ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The chargers at work are currently level 1. Next Month or two, they are going to be changed to level 2. Both are Chargepoint by Coulomb. They haven't decided if they will be open to the public yet.

Big news at the beginning of the Plug-in 2010 talk last night, from Bay Area Air Quality Management: It will be announced on Aug 6 (I think) that the Bay Area is being added as an EV Project area. That means free at-home charging docks (he said how many, but I don't remember) as well as more public infrastructure.

Sorry to be a bit vague - I didn't take any notes on this.

Back