SDG&E introduces EV rate pilot

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sdbonez said:
davewill said:
lonndoggie said:
You have to get the inspector to show up? Hrm...somehow, I pictured this being a bit more turnkey than it's panning out to be! OK, good to know, another item on the to-do list.
Well, I'm not supposed to need to do anything but wait for a call, set a time, and let him into the garage. Pessimism just seems to come naturally at this point.
Stay on top of it. I've been trying to deal with the whole charger install thing for a month now - don't even give them the benefit of the doubt.

(oh, and once your sign-off is done, make sure the city calls SDG&E to have the meter set and then call your planner at SDG&E to make sure they have the info - that's why I'm still waiting after 2+ weeks now)
Ok, who do I have to bug to get the inspection moving?

davewill said:

Whoever did the install is suppose to contact the city and should notify you when they are coming. The electrical contractor will meet the inspector at your house to open up the panel(s) for the inspector to check everything out. If your EVSE is installed and you are still waiting for an inspection, contact the company that did the install and find out what's happening.

jcesare said:
davewill said:

Whoever did the install is suppose to contact the city and should notify you when they are coming. The electrical contractor will meet the inspector at your house to open up the panel(s) for the inspector to check everything out. If your EVSE is installed and you are still waiting for an inspection, contact the company that did the install and find out what's happening.

For me, it was Sunwest and I had to call their project manager back to get the inspection moving...

Back