September Orders in October 2010

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• Yes - in Oct

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Can RAQ, but haven't ordered yet

• No - Can RAQ, having second thoughts

• No - Can RAQ, but not ordered yet

• No - Can RAQ, having second thoughts

• Total voters
Nothing for me yet either. Going to wait until after my test drive tomorrow anyways to order but still like to know I can.

In 22.5 hours I will be driving a LEAF. In 23.5 hours I will be ordering one (I hope).

garygid said:
Assume the POLL question "Did you Order in September?" was intended.

The poll disappeared ? :shock:

May be from next time I should change the ownership of the post before I add a poll ...

Yes, I edited the first post, but did not intend to change the poll. I did not even realize that I could change it, or I would have tried to "fix" the question.

Add it again, and we can vote again?

garygid said:
Yes, I edited the first post, but did not intend to change the poll. I did not even realize that I could change it, or I would have tried to "fix" the question.

Add it again, and we can vote again?

Yes - I gues this is a "bug". Since you can't start a poll - if you edit a post with a poll, I guess it removes the poll.

I'll reintroduce the poll (and also take ownership of the post - if you don't mind).

Devin said:
Nothing for me yet either. Going to wait until after my test drive tomorrow anyways to order but still like to know I can.
Have you contacted Nissan and asked? I did this and a couple of hours later the order opened, after which time I got an email saying my issue had been addressed. That could have been a coincidence but it might be that if you complain they check it out and fix it.

Worth a try if you haven't done it yet.

SanDust said:
Devin said:
Have you contacted Nissan and asked? I did this and a couple of hours later the order opened, after which time I got an email saying my issue had been addressed. That could have been a coincidence but it might be that if you complain they check it out and fix it.

Worth a try if you haven't done it yet.

I contacted Nissan this morning and was told only that I would get an email at some point today and I was still on track for my order time frame. Just checked the Nissan dashboard and no joy... yet...

4/20 preorder. September order group. Finally got Order option available to me on 10/1 and placed a RAQ immediately so now my order is in.

supernoman said:
4/20 preorder. September order group. Finally got Order option available to me on 10/1 and placed a RAQ immediately so now my order is in.

I am sure many of you may be relieved to hear....I finally got to RAQ just now! Never got an email. Whew, it's over! Maybe driving one today gave me some good mo-jo :lol:

Kataphn said:
I am sure many of you may be relieved to hear....I finally got to RAQ just now! Never got an email. Whew, it's over! Maybe driving one today gave me some good mo-jo :lol:

finally!! congratulations!! :)

Still unable to order. :(

When I did chat with a rep this morning... they said 24-48 hours. Oh joy. I guess that means Monday if tomorrow is Saturday... but they really need to figure this out.

Kataphn said:
supernoman said:

Congratulations Kat! :D I'm so happy for you!
I received the ordering email Wed. (29th) at 3:05 PM, and have no idea what time my dashboard opened, as we were out of state and had no chance to access a comp, so I ordered just after midnight when we arrived home, and finalized it the next morning. I'm still recuperating, so I'll post the details later.

leaffan said:
Kataphn said:
supernoman said:

Congratulations Kat! :D I'm so happy for you!
I received the ordering email Wed. (29th) at 3:05 PM, and have no idea what time my dashboard opened, as we were out of state and had no chance to access a comp, so I ordered just after midnight when we arrived home, and finalized it the next morning. I'm still recuperating, so I'll post the details later.

I am very happy for you too, leaffan...what a long row to hoe this was! I am recuperating, too... :D

Question to those who have been allowed to RAQ: How does the process work to request a quote? Do you only get to request a quote from a single dealer, your "preferred" dealer? And then to compare you have to reject that quote, change your preferred dealer, and do it again? Or can you request more than one quote?

I'm wondering whether you could get caught in something like this:

Dealer A ad: MSRP - $500
Dealer B ad: we will beat any price
Nissan: RAQ open
Dealer A: MSRP
You: reject. that's not what you advertised
Dealer B: MSRP + $500
You: reject. you said you'd beat them. I'm better off with A
Dealer A: MSRP + $300. sorry, that was then, this is now
Dealer C: Wish you had asked me. It would have been MSRP - $1000

Back