SF BayLEAFs Meeting April 2nd 10AM@Boardwalk Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gascant

At our first meeting on Feb. 26th, the BayLEAFs decided to meet monthly and an informal poll suggested that April 2nd would be good for many. This is just a placeholder announcement for now, but we are looking to have it further up in the Peninsula, like in Redwood City. Suggested start time is 10:30AM. Given the activity we've seen in the March and April Deliveries forums, there could be quite a few LEAF owners there this time. The rest of us will have to drool. We hope to firm up the meeting place and/or food arrangements in the next 1-2 weeks so everyone has plenty of notice. Suggestions welcomed.

I'm hoping to be floating on a brand new leaf at that point, but of course there are no guarantees. My delivery "week" has been oscillating between March 25 and March 31. Round trip to the area around Boardwalk Nissan would be 90 miles for me, and I doubt if I will have the skill and/or confidence (foolhardiness?) to go that far on 101 without a charging opportunity at the north end of the trip. (I guess I could cool my heels at Boardwalk for a couple of hours after the shindig is over.)

One way or another, I'll try to make it.

Ray

planet4ever said:
I'm hoping to be floating on a brand new leaf at that point, but of course there are no guarantees. My delivery "week" has been oscillating between March 25 and March 31. Round trip to the area around Boardwalk Nissan would be 90 miles for me, and I doubt if I will have the skill and/or confidence (foolhardiness?) to go that far on 101 without a charging opportunity at the north end of the trip. (I guess I could cool my heels at Boardwalk for a couple of hours after the shindig is over.)
You can always stop at my house on the way back home and try out the EVSE--been sitting there for months waiting to be used!

planet4ever said:

One way or another, I'll try to make it.

Ray

i'm in the same boat. In the past two weeks I went from "month of April" to "week of march 31", to "week of March 25th" to "week of March 30th", and now this morning I'm back to "week of April 1st". So, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it's best if I try to ignore these dashboard ETA until I get that 7-days email notice from Nissan.

In a perfect world, since I'm also borderline range to Boardwalk, I'm hoping to arrange a pickup of my new Leaf on April 2nd, so that I can just jaunt on over to our meeting from there!

Maybe meet at Boardwalk, 10:00-10:30,4/2. Visit with Boardwalk guys or Brendan-get some free swag??

I have a working AV EVSE at my house in San Carlos is someone wants to charge up. I can give them a lift to the eatery spot.

Brunch/Lunch suggestions: Hobees
1101 Shoreway Road, Redwood Shores. (It's only 2 exits North of Boardwalk and 3.52 miles)

Bob's Courthouse Coffee Shop
2198 Broadway St., Redwood City

Milagros Mexican http://www.milagroscantina.com
1099 Middlefield Rd., Redwood City

Tarboosh Mediterranean http://www.tarboosh.com
837 Jefferson Ave., Redwood City

Mack's BBQ http://www.mackssmokedbbq.com
1754 Laurel St., San Carlos

Holas Mexican http://www.holarestaurant.com
1015 Alameda De Las Pulgas, Belmont

There are many other fine places to go in this area.

gasmiser1 said:
Maybe meet at Boardwalk, 10:00-10:30,4/2. Visit with Boardwalk guys or Brendan-get some free swag??
One of our fellow enthusiasts is trying to contact Brendan about same (although many would accept food over swag ;) ). I will check in with him later this week to see what he found out.

Thanks for the suggestions on food venues--which of them would have vegetarian options? There was some concern that Clarke's wouldn't have them (although I really liked the sweet potato fries).

gasmiser1 said:
For vegetarian meals, looks like Tarboosh has the most options. The others are really limited to salads.

well, as a vegan, my vote would be for Tarboosh then... but I'll certainly bend to the will of the plurality. Any of those listed actually sound fine.

BayLeafers,

Thanks to Brendan Dolan at Boardwalk Nissan, we've got a venue for our next BayLeafs meeting!

Date: Saturday, April 2
Time: 10:00am-12:30pm
Place: Boardwalk Nissan - 1 Bair Island Road - Redwood City, CA 94063

Brendan has arranged for us to use their showroom, as long as we get there on time and clear out by about noon. He's asked the Techs give a presentation on the Pre-Delivery Inspection, and would like for one or two of us to provide a LEAF for the show. If you *know* you'll be there with your new car, please send me a PM so I can coordinate all this. Similarly, if you have a specific "techie" question you'd like to have addressed that day, run it by me and I'll try to distill them all for Brendan and his crew.

Boardwalk will fuel us with some coffee and bagels and also provide some electrons for our LEAFs, as long as we give first priority to Boardwalk's customers and their shop needs. Rather than make plans now for lunch or any continuation of things afterwards, we'll just let folks take care of that themselves, either back-channel or onsite that morning. Those of you with local eatery knowledge can take the lead on that.

Looking forward to seeing you in three weeks,

Glenn

P.S. If you weren't at the last meeting, or were but haven't yet joined BayLeafs and would like to, please send me a PM and I'll send you the sign-up link. We're still using the MNL Forum for most content talk, but the listserve handles our local chatter.

csriram45 said:
I will attend and might have my Leaf this time... If dates are too close i might pick up my Leaf on the very same day :)
Very cool! Looking like we'll have a good turn out (and several LEAFs)

PM me or Glenn if you want to be added to the list server for automatic reminders. Glad we'll have some new faces at this meeting. :)

Back