The official "I actually have a new EVSE installed" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Jimmy! We just bought our house one year ago. So, we still have a lot of work to do! I will have my man cave one day! I want the LEAF more than my man cave! :D

I'm on day two of cleaning my man cave. lol. It was finished by the builder and I did an epoxy floor. That floor was the best damn thing I ever did. Hell of a lot of work, but it was worth it being able to clean up oil spills easily.

73 jimmy!

KF7MBK (no radio yet)

turbo2ltr said:
I'm on day two of cleaning my man cave. lol. It was finished by the builder and I did an epoxy floor. That floor was the best damn thing I ever did. Hell of a lot of work, but it was worth it being able to clean up oil spills easily.

73 jimmy!

KF7MBK (no radio yet)

I want to do the epoxy floor....those look GREAT! But hey, no more oil spills with the Leaf, eh?? :lol:

Jim
K6JJH
(LOVE the QRZ pic of your Rig!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I am scheduled for 8:00 today, Monday December 13. Part of the install is a new meter 40 amp sub-meter base to allow for a second meter.

I will post before and after picture ASAP.

I will ask about other installs in the area and see if they have any delivery information...although I really don't expect to get to much additional information.

If you have any specific question about the install let me know. I do plan to open the EVSE and take pictures of the inside.

Glen

Very interesting Glen. Is this all on SDG&E's tab (the sub-meter base)?

I'd love to see pictures of the installation.

The reason I keep asking about these San Diego installs is that I'm out of breaker slots, and curious to know how a second meter would get involved. If it comes with its own breaker panel, that would be excellent. I'm also curious to see how "surface mount" meter installation looks, and how it works with stucco and such.

Cheers.

ts31825 said:
I am scheduled for 8:00 today, Monday December 13. Part of the install is a new meter 40 amp sub-meter base to allow for a second meter.

I will post before and after picture ASAP.

I will ask about other installs in the area and see if they have any delivery information...although I really don't expect to get to much additional information.

If you have any specific question about the install let me know. I do plan to open the EVSE and take pictures of the inside.

Glen

Can you ask your installer if he can get any info on when MY install is supposed to occur? EVP keeps telling me i should hear from them 'this week' (for 2 weeks now) and I have an out of town trip coming soon.....that and the holidays might make things dicey. If they can find anything out, that'd be great!

Jim Hamilton
Oceanside

Jimmy,
Have you determined what tariff and metering configuration you WANT to use?

Yes, as part of EVProject, you get assigned a tariff, and "require" a 2nd meter.

Keep us posted, please.
I have a similar breaker-panel problem here, but am NOT in the EVProject.

garygid said:
Jimmy,
Have you determined what tariff and metering configuration you WANT to use?

Yes, as part of EVProject, you get assigned a tariff, and "require" a 2nd meter.

Keep us posted, please.
I have a similar breaker-panel problem here, but am NOT in the EVProject.

Gary...

I haven't look that closely at what metering plan I want because I will be assigned one and what I want won't matter. After 12 months in the study, I'll reevaluate my charging habits and then select the best plan for my use. Until I have the car and a lot of use-data under my belt, I can't make an informed decision.

I'm having the second meter installed so that I (or the new homeowner if/when I ever sell) will have the option of using EV rates.

OK, I'm one step closer now! 1st Oregon EV Project install this morning went well - it is an outside install, changing the 'RV Pad' to an 'EV Pad' :)

installed.jpg

(I'm the one in the sandals)

mwalsh said:
I'll ask the question everybody's thinking....why does it take four people to install an EVSE?

I was just going to ask the same thing... :) Maybe it's something new so they wanted to send the whole crew down there. Looks like they are ready to install new service to the entire house or something!

Back