Update to the ordering process

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re; "Help Gavin Home"

Great idea Gary.

If Gavin doesn't mind sleeping under the stars at KOA's here's a route that will get him to Albuquerque N.M.

KOA - http://www.koa.com/search/?SearchString=az&x=0&y=0

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=phoenix+az&daddr=black+canyon+city+to:Flagstaff,+AZ+to:Holbrook,+AZ+to:grants+nm+to:Albuquerque,+NM&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.02446,113.90625&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=8

Hey can post a travel Blog and Twitter his data to the masses.

Cheers

Ha, "help Gavin home"...Love it...this is why the EV car crowd is the best around...great, funny people

ps...I live in Albuquerque.

Gavin

So for the portable L2 charger, I would just need a "washing machine" outlet in my garage? Or should I do the Leviton pre wiring thingy?

Ok,,,,B-C is 100 miles...and it is all up hill....so I don't think that is the way to go unless I find some charge point inbetween...Phoenix to Flagstaff is about a 5000 foot climb...at least.

And D-E is 157 miles...so would need a stop inbetween.

But it is a good start :)

Thanks

Gavin

Sponsor "Gavin's EV Gas Can" :D

gascan.jpg

NICE....I'll be happy to have that donated to the trip :)

Gavin

I probably could actually rent one for a couple of days...or I could just have the car shipped...it could be cheaper than all that travel and such...on the other hand I do like road trips....

The 90-mile, 100-mile, and 157-mile legs are a challenge for sure, but what a cool trip (could actually be frigid).

Locating an EV-friendly motel for the (one or two) 8-hour overnight(s), and one other "welding shop" might make the trip actually possible (without pushing).

Note, there should be some long downhill sections.
Possibly use http://www.EveryTrail.com to display the path and see the altitudes?

Yes, shipping is probably only a few hundred dollars, but ... so very easy. Depends upon your adventure level, I guess.

garygid said:
Get the plug-in L2 EVSE, stop at RV parks, etc. and take an extra day or two to drive your LEAF home (at about 250 miles per day)?
That's what I would do. Of course, one must weigh the "bring home long-distance inconvenience" versus the money saved ... and spent on outbound travel+motels/RV Park charging.
So dclark ... let's run an example ( I can't expect it to be an official offer, but just for budgetary number's sake ). Trim level SL. No options. What is your total price for purchase, including all doc & other dealer and local fees and charges, but excluding out-of-state items (like sales/use tax and registration I have to pay in California) ? If you know (but probably not yet) lease terms ... posting those in a new thread would be great, too :p
Thanks. :)

garygid said:
Yes, shipping is probably only a few hundred dollars, but ... so very easy. Depends upon your adventure level, I guess.

A French couple recently drove an EV from China to Paris. So, yours is very doable :lol:

http://www.evworld.com/news.cfm?newsid=23259

http://www.shanghai-paris.fr/

Sans+titre2.jpg

LEAFer said:
garygid said:
Get the plug-in L2 EVSE, stop at RV parks, etc. and take an extra day or two to drive your LEAF home (at about 250 miles per day)?
That's what I would do. Of course, one must weigh the "bring home long-distance inconvenience" versus the money saved ... and spent on outbound travel+motels/RV Park charging.
So dclark ... let's run an example ( I can't expect it to be an official offer, but just for budgetary number's sake ). Trim level SL. No options. What is your total price for purchase, including all doc & other dealer and local fees and charges, but excluding out-of-state items (like sales/use tax and registration I have to pay in California) ? If you know (but probably not yet) lease terms ... posting those in a new thread would be great, too :p

The below area is what I copied off the Nissan LEAF website. It appears the MSRP does not include the destination charge (freight). As of today Nissan has not announced the destination charge (Currently we have destination charges up to $950 depending on the models). The MSRP shown below for SL is $33720 + destination charge. We are charging the customer's the MSRP + destination for the price of the vehicle. The vehicle would need to be shipped to your home. We will have to call a few of our carriers to find the pricing in order for me to give you any price range. We do have special arrangements with a couple of them.
As for the other dealership charges: $379 doc fee, Arizona tire tax $5, and out of state license permit $15.

Nissan Website:
*after tax savings, net as low as $26,220
MSRP $33,720
with federal tax savings from 0-$7,500
$379 a month1 – 36 month lease
($1,999 initial customer payment)
Excludes tax, title and license. Initially available through online reservation process. Orders through dealers commencing in August (in limited areas) and sales by dealer commences in December 2010. LEASE payment of $379/mo. is an example of an offer if vehicle were sold in April 2010. The actual lease offer for NMAC ("NILT") will be announced in December 2010 when sales commence. Subject to change. Limited quantities available in select markets and states through online reservation system. Increased availability in Spring 2011with full market rollout through 2012. At start of sale, one order per household address until availability increases. Taxpayer must incur federal tax liability to receive full benefits. Consult your tax professional.

1 Estimated monthly payment based on proposed offer subject to change at start of sale. Estimates include assumed residual, money factor, and acquisition fee amounts. Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation (includes $1,620 down payment and $379 first month payment). 2011 LEAF SL subject to availability to well qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT ("NILT"). Subject to credit approval. Based upon $33,720 MSRP plus destination charge. Adjusted Net capitalized cost of $25,521 includes $7,500 manufacturer incentive for federal tax credit available to NILT by law, and $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $13,644. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repair. Lease payment excludes the cost of the EVSE/charging dock charging equipment. Security deposit not required. Disposition fee due at termination of lease term. See participating dealer for details. Finalized lease terms available to be set upon start of sale.

dclark said:
The below area is what I copied off the Nissan LEAF website. It appears the MSRP does not include the destination charge (freight). As of today Nissan has not announced the destination charge (Currently we have destination charges up to $950 depending on the models).

We have had the destination charge quoted before. IIRC it was in the $800s. I will have to see if I can find it again.

Edit: ".............2011 LEAF SV subject to availability to well qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT ("NILT"). Subject to credit approval. Based upon $32,780 MSRP plus $820 destination charge. Adjusted Net capitalized cost of $24,441............"

dclark said:
LEAFer said:
garygid said:

The below area is what I copied off the Nissan LEAF website. It appears the MSRP does not include the destination charge (freight). As of today Nissan has not announced the destination charge (Currently we have destination charges up to $950 depending on the models). The MSRP shown below for SL is $33720 + destination charge. We are charging the customer's the MSRP + destination for the price of the vehicle. The vehicle would need to be shipped to your home. We will have to call a few of our carriers to find the pricing in order for me to give you any price range. We do have special arrangements with a couple of them.
As for the other dealership charges: $379 doc fee, Arizona tire tax $5, and out of state license permit $15.

Nissan Website:
*after tax savings, net as low as $26,220
MSRP $33,720
with federal tax savings from 0-$7,500
$379 a month1 – 36 month lease
($1,999 initial customer payment)
Excludes tax, title and license. Initially available through online reservation process. Orders through dealers commencing in August (in limited areas) and sales by dealer commences in December 2010. LEASE payment of $379/mo. is an example of an offer if vehicle were sold in April 2010. The actual lease offer for NMAC ("NILT") will be announced in December 2010 when sales commence. Subject to change. Limited quantities available in select markets and states through online reservation system. Increased availability in Spring 2011with full market rollout through 2012. At start of sale, one order per household address until availability increases. Taxpayer must incur federal tax liability to receive full benefits. Consult your tax professional.

1 Estimated monthly payment based on proposed offer subject to change at start of sale. Estimates include assumed residual, money factor, and acquisition fee amounts. Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation (includes $1,620 down payment and $379 first month payment). 2011 LEAF SL subject to availability to well qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT ("NILT"). Subject to credit approval. Based upon $33,720 MSRP plus destination charge. Adjusted Net capitalized cost of $25,521 includes $7,500 manufacturer incentive for federal tax credit available to NILT by law, and $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $13,644. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repair. Lease payment excludes the cost of the EVSE/charging dock charging equipment. Security deposit not required. Disposition fee due at termination of lease term. See participating dealer for details. Finalized lease terms available to be set upon start of sale.

Thanks dclark,
What is the cost tax 8.8% x $33,720+$379+up to $950 fright charge what is the licence cost? And if I want to get a personalize plate do I order it after I get the new plate or before? Using my numbers what is the total? Thanks

[/quote]Thanks dclark,
What is the cost tax 8.8% x $33,720+$379+up to $950 fright charge what is the licence cost? And if I want to get a personalize plate do I order it after I get the new plate or before? Using my numbers what is the total? Thanks[/quote]
The license fee is 16.8% of base MSRP = $566.49 plus add other MVD fees of $20.25 = $586.74. MVD has many personal plate options and it has to be verified that it has not been taken. You can do this online to order a plate once you receive your new plate in the mail.

Skywagon said:
I emailed both contacts in the first post 2 days ago and have heard nothing back.

I emailed one two days ago and have heard nothing back either, so I'll probably just go with the local dealer here.

leaffan said:
Skywagon said:
I emailed both contacts in the first post 2 days ago and have heard nothing back.

I emailed one two days ago and have heard nothing back either, so I'll probably just go with the local dealer here.
I am do apologize.
If any one else on this forum has not been communicated back please email me and I promise you I will make sure you get answered back promptly. [email protected]
Thank you,
Debbie

Thanks dclark,
What is the cost tax 8.8% x $33,720+$379+up to $950 fright charge what is the licence cost? And if I want to get a personalize plate do I order it after I get the new plate or before? Using my numbers what is the total? Thanks[/quote]
The license fee is 16.8% of base MSRP = $566.49 plus add other MVD fees of $20.25 = $586.74. MVD has many personal plate options and it has to be verified that it has not been taken. You can do this online to order a plate once you receive your new plate in the mail.[/quote]
Hi debbie,
Why is the license fee $566 buck I thought the EV has discounted price on the plate registation?

Gonewild said:
Thanks dclark,
What is the cost tax 8.8% x $33,720+$379+up to $950 fright charge what is the licence cost? And if I want to get a personalize plate do I order it after I get the new plate or before? Using my numbers what is the total? Thanks
The license fee is 16.8% of base MSRP = $566.49 plus add other MVD fees of $20.25 = $586.74. MVD has many personal plate options and it has to be verified that it has not been taken. You can do this online to order a plate once you receive your new plate in the mail.[/quote]
Hi debbie,
Why is the license fee $566 buck I thought the EV has discounted price on the plate registation?[/quote]
I need to get a copy of a MCO from Nissan and give this to MVD. I will research.
Debbie

Back