Where are the 2018's?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
tuningin said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Prices were a bit of a giveaway. SL's don't go for $33K

True, but it wouldn't be the first time a dealer "accidentally" posted a wrong price so I didn't trust that to make the determination.

Did a vehicle search thru Nissanusa and found nothing. I guess they are holding it tight to the vest until the very moment of launch....whenever that might be.

Yes. I've been tracking on Carguru's. Various dealers have been listing their 2018 Leaf's on Cargurus, but it seems that they do it once they obtain a VIN so that is not an indicator that they are in stock, but that is in process. Pictures are a better indicator that they have received their first shipment.

Look on the bright side....

1) the longer the leaf is delayed, the longer you have money in your pocket... Which leaves you with options if new opportunities arrive.

2) The longer the Leaf is delayed, the higher the resale value of all used Leafs gets...

Personally, no matter how HOT I am for a new product, I would never buy the first ones off the truck. I would let the other suckers be the guinnea pigs until the demand slows down and complaints have a chance to come out.

Never be in a rush to spend money.

powersurge said:

1) the longer the leaf is delayed, the longer you have money in your pocket... Which leaves you with options if new opportunities arrive.

2) The longer the Leaf is delayed, the higher the resale value of all used Leafs gets...

Personally, no matter how HOT I am for a new product, I would never buy the first ones off the truck. I would let the other suckers be the guinnea pigs until the demand slows down and complaints have a chance to come out.

I'v spent $160 on gas :shock: in the past 12 days. I don't want to wait!

powersurge said:

A bit harsh to call others suckers and guinea pigs. Maybe tone it down as name calling is unnecessary.

Maybe I was lucky, but in my past experiences, I didn't have issues with any early build of newly released models in the last 20 years. It can work both ways. More care and supervision is taken into the first builds, but also mistakes can also be made.

From Ray @ Everett Nissan; Earliest deliveries will not happen until Feb 12th. for WA State. :(

Happy Birthday Abraham Lincoln.... (why couldn't you have been born on the 1st!!)

powersurge said:
I purchased the very first Honda Civic Hybrid which came off the truck at my dealership in April 2002. Nearly 16 years later we still love that car. In many ways it is the best car we have ever had.

OTOH, our Honda Civic Hybrid came off the assembly line in Japan, so even though its serial number is 562, it's possible that more of them had been made for the Japan market prior to those 500. I don't know. The 2018 LEAF situation in the U.S. is a bit different because even though it has been produced in Japan for a while now, the producers and the factory here are just getting going.

In any case, your point is well taken.

RegGuheert said:
powersurge said:
I purchased the very first Honda Civic Hybrid which came off the truck at my dealership in April 2002. Nearly 16 years later we still love that car. In many ways it is the best car we have ever had.

OTOH, our Honda Civic Hybrid came off the assembly line in Japan, so even though its serial number is 562, it's possible that more of them had been made for the Japan market prior to those 500. I don't know. The 2018 LEAF situation in the U.S. is a bit different because even though it has been produced in Japan for a while now, the producers and the factory here are just getting going.

In any case, your point is well taken.

I had LEAF #258 and it was completely issue free. My 2013 had coolant hoses replaced. My 2016 had PDM replaced so being "down the line" is not all what its cracked up to be.

tuningin said:
FYI,

2018 Leaf now searchable on Nissanusa.com 215 cars available "nationwide", but all on the Eastern half of the U.S.

Nice! Checked this morning and nothing. Looks like there is still 15 2017's out there. Bet they are going CHEAP!

So halfway across the country. Nothing in the West. Nearest is Nebraska the near geographical center of the Contiguous US.

DaveinOlyWA said:
tuningin said:
FYI,

2018 Leaf now searchable on Nissanusa.com 215 cars available "nationwide", but all on the Eastern half of the U.S.

Nice! Checked this morning and nothing. Looks like there is still 15 2017's out there. Bet they are going CHEAP!

So halfway across the country. Nothing in the West. Nearest is Nebraska the near geographical center of the Contiguous US.

In other words, locations that don't require rail transport.

276 2018's now show up.

https://www.nissanusa.com/buildyournissan/inventory/index?modelLineCode=LEF&lang=en&tool=overview-landing.inventory.link

tuningin said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
tuningin said:
FYI,

In other words, locations that don't require rail transport.

iPlug said:
Has the Nissan LEAF actually arrived, and, if so, in what kind of volume? (It has arrived in low volume. 150 LEAFs were moved in January)

https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

Not sure all 150 Leafs sold in January were 2018 models, but InsideEVs seems to believe so. Still, Leaf Gen 2 technically out the gate in January.

So the first 2018 was sold in the US and NO ONE felt it was newsworthy? :roll:

iPlug said:
Has the Nissan LEAF actually arrived, and, if so, in what kind of volume? (It has arrived in low volume. 150 LEAFs were moved in January)

Not sure all 150 Leafs sold in January were 2018 models, but InsideEVs seems to believe so. Still, Leaf Gen 2 technically out the gate in January.
I don't see how 2017/2018 can be teased out from the chart.

SageBrush said:
I don't see how 2017/2018 can be teased out from the chart.
Agree. Leaf gen 1 had decreasing sales for months, last 102 units in December. So I would guess some of the 150 sold in January were gen 1.

There is one 2018 SL in stock (?) at Lia Nissan, about 40 minutes from me. It sure looks like only SLs are available for now, and only one at most per dealer, in my region. I would have rushed out to test drive it a few weeks ago, but now my plan is to wait until my lease is ending in May to get another EV. And at this point I have no idea what that car will be. Unless I find someone with a 2018 SV who wants to swap interiors to get leather, it won't be a Leaf SL.

Back