$11,000 Total Savings on all Leafs in stock - Fontana Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I'll give you that one then! :p

Randy said:
Well, Mogur, we were extra special customers... :)

I believe we were the first three Leafs that the dealership delivered (Jan. 4), so it was a special day. They had Channel 4 news there to document the event for posterity...It was a very fun time...

Hi Danny,

Just a heads-up, some of us (me included unfortunately) were hit by this A/C related bug in the software in which once a warning light comes on, if the driver stop he would not be able to restart the car. Might want to advise your new customers or pre-patch the cars for them.

lettcco said:
Hi Danny,

Just a heads-up, some of us (me included unfortunately) were hit by this A/C related bug in the software in which once a warning light comes on, if the driver stop he would not be able to restart the car. Might want to advise your new customers or pre-patch the cars for them.

Leo.. Thanks for the heads up. We are aware of this situation and has been in touch with Nissan these past few days. We don't know if all or a few Leafs that has this problem. Currently awaiting for instructions from them for the resolution. If anyone has this problem, please have your vehicle towed to the nearest Certified Nissan Leaf dealer.

Just a quick note. I had this happen to me once during the particularly hot spell we had here (it has not reoccurred since). On an educated guess, I discovered that removing one terminal from the 12 volt auxiliary battery for a few minutes will reboot the car and clear the condition. I'm waiting for definitive feedback from Nissan before I bring it in for a software flash.

Tom

FontanaNissan said:
lettcco said:
Hi Danny,

Leo.. Thanks for the heads up. We are aware of this situation and has been in touch with Nissan these past few days. We don't know if all or a few Leafs that has this problem. Currently awaiting for instructions from them for the resolution. If anyone has this problem, please have your vehicle towed to the nearest Certified Nissan Leaf dealer.

UNOFFICIAL Summary of the "A/C Issue" (to date):

There is now a firmware "patch" available from the Nissan LEAF Task Force, headquartered (I believe) at Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa. This is RUMORED to change the sensitivity of one Resistance Measurement.

If a Technical Service Bulletin comes out, please let us know about it.

For now, with not-patched cars, it might be best to avoid use of the Air Conditioner, particularly in Pre-Cooling the car. Using the A/C APPEARS to "bother" this measurement in some way.

However, IF a customer DOES get this particular "No Restart" condition:

1. NOT turning the car OFF keeps it "able to drive", so driving to the nearest Nissan-LEAF dealer is probably best, to avoid a possible Tow-Truck call.

2. If the car is already OFF, this "No Restart" Error Code will keep the car from getting "Ready" to drive. For those able to do so SAFELY, re-Booting the car seems to clear this particular "No Restart" Error code.

Re-Boot can be accomplished by dsconnecting the wire from the Negative side of the 12-volt battery, waiting for about 10 minutes, and re-connecting (securely). It is not necessary to disconnect from the Battery TERMINAL POST itself. Instead, it is MUCH EASIER to just disconnect the single bolt that holds the wire(s) onto the Post-Clamp.

Some have replaced that bolt's nut with a wing nut (8mm, I believe), for a tool-less Re-Boot.
CAUTION: DO NOT attempt this Re-Boot procedure unless you are TOTALLY COMPETENT to do so!

There is an entire thread on this topic folks-

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3139

Danny,
After a LEAF is purchased at Fontana, how quickly is the Registration info sent to the DMV?

Is it transmitted electronically or mailed, or what?

Where is it sent?

Do you (or we) have any way of determining if our VIN is in the DMV system yet?

Thanks, Gary

garygid said:
Danny,
After a LEAF is purchased at Fontana, how quickly is the Registration info sent to the DMV?

Is it transmitted electronically or mailed, or what?

Where is it sent?

Do you (or we) have any way of determining if our VIN is in the DMV system yet?

Thanks, Gary

Gary.. This depends on how quickly our business office personnel file your deal. It can be as quick as a couple of days up to a week before we mail your info to DMV. Check your PM.

Forum Members! I'll be out of town for a week. During my absence Joanna will be handling all the Leaf orders and delivery. If you have any questions feel free to contact her at anytime (909) 574-2290.

We're hoping to see another truck-o-leafs arrive this coming week! Double crossing our fingers!

This will probably be the most boring review you've read.

I can't really say anything new that hasn't already been said. Everything about this organization is superb. Whether we're talking about the customer service, the friendliness of the staff, the knowledge of the vehicle, or the sheer professionalism. As with EVERY car I expected some sales strong-arming when it came to offering warranties or add-ons. Never happened. How refreshing! There was some minor hiccuping with my trade-in but that was my fault and was resolved quickly. I worked mainly with Danny Truong, but both Joanna and Lisa were very helpful. Even the Sales Manager (Bob) came by and offered congrats.

I went 80 miles out of my way (round trip) when I could have gone 5 miles to my local dealer. To be honest it was initially due to the lower price but I've had several issues with my dealer and I would never have gotten the car if I was forced to use them. I will definitely pass along the good word and consider Fontana for future business.

z0ner said:
This will probably be the most boring review you've read.

I can't really say anything new that hasn't already been said. Everything about this organization is superb. Whether we're talking about the customer service, the friendliness of the staff, the knowledge of the vehicle, or the sheer professionalism. As with EVERY car I expected some sales strong-arming when it came to offering warranties or add-ons. Never happened. How refreshing! There was some minor hiccuping with my trade-in but that was my fault and was resolved quickly. I worked mainly with Danny Truong, but both Joanna and Lisa were very helpful. Even the Sales Manager (Bob) came by and offered congrats.

I went 80 miles out of my way (round trip) when I could have gone 5 miles to my local dealer. To be honest it was initially due to the lower price but I've had several issues with my dealer and I would never have gotten the car if I was forced to use them. I will definitely pass along the good word and consider Fontana for future business.

Jeff.. Thanks for the kind words. It was my pleasure meeting you. Glad you made it home safely and be sure to contact us if you have any questions.

cdub said:
Any update on deliveries? Mine's slated for week of 4/22.

Chris, Sounds like it should be here any day now but can't confirmed the exact date it'll drop. I can only confirmed the drop date once we get invoiced on the Leaf which we haven't received yours yet. Will keep you posted!

Back