2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My software version is also 339, tried checking for updates in wifi with no luck. Possibly something the dealer installed?

We also are able to charge faster than the 50kW rating at EA, today we were able to charge at 70kW for a bit which was nice since we were running behind.

The following is cut and pasted from a Consumer Reports article on my local library website:
"NISSAN NOW SELLS two
versions of the Leaf EV.
The new Leaf Plus gets a
bigger, 62-kWh battery
and has an EPA-estimated
range of 215 miles. That’s
a big difference compared
with the standard Leaf’s
40-kWh battery and 150-mile
range, and it puts the range
of the Leaf Plus closer to
similarly priced competitors.
But when it comes to
everyday use, the Plus is
outclassed by “affordable”
EVs, such as the Hyundai Kona
Electric and Kia Niro EV.
The larger battery gives the
Leaf Plus its extra range, but
it takes 10.5 hours to charge
from empty. Still, the more
powerful motor gives it a
quicker 0-to-60 mph time
by 1 second. Both versions
have the same humdrum
handling, and they feel stiff
over sharp bumps.
The compact hatchback’s
cargo area is deep and
roomy. But our test car’s
optional Bose audio system
creates a lump that takes
significant space from
the cargo floor.
The elevated driving
position provides a good
view of the road ahead. But
we found it a rather awkward
fit because the steering wheel
doesn’t telescope for reach,
and the center console rubs
against the driver's right
knee. In addition, the rear
seat is snug.
An 8-inch touch screen is
standard on the Leaf Plus.
However, drivers can only
access EV-specific data and
customize the safety features
through a smaller display in
the instrument panel, which
we found awkward to use.
FCW and AEB come
standard, but BSW is optional.
The optional ProPilot Assist
system can help keep the car
in its lane and adjust speed to
keep pace with traffic."

Have to dispute that both ride stiff. My 40 started making a scruffing noise when making a left turn I do daily on my commute. Its a turn to a residential street from an arterial and its a dropdown of maybe 4-5" The E Plus takes this turn much smoother and quieter. Now makes me think my 40 had something wrong with it? But I guess now that I have the E Plus, I guess its fixed! :cool:

Bouldergramp said:
NISSAN NOW SELLS two
versions of the Leaf EV.
If you are going to cut-and-paste from an article, you might put it in a quote section so that it doesn't look like you wrote it yourself (weird formatting & spacing and all)

I don't care what Consumer Reports says--comparison to other EVs is only of interest to me if those cars are actually available in my area. Ride of 2019 SL+ is definitely not as firm as 2015 SL. 2011 SL suspension was softer than either of my later cars. The Bose subwoofer does not really take up much luggage space--I just stack stuff on top of it when necessary.

GerryAZ said:
I don't care what Consumer Reports says--comparison to other EVs is only of interest to me if those cars are actually available in my area. Ride of 2019 SL+ is definitely not as firm as 2015 SL. 2011 SL suspension was softer than either of my later cars. The Bose subwoofer does not really take up much luggage space--I just stack stuff on top of it when necessary.

But it definitely makes sliding stuff in and out and loading generally more awkward, and for anyone who wants to sleep back there it's a non-starter. A big deal for some, a non-issue for others.

Looks like a recall or something for the rear camera? Wondering if that gets everyone else to version 340?

To test; check the settings to see if you can can adjust the camera to the point where you can no longer see anything. If it works, you need the update. If you can only make the pix "less viewable" then you have the update.

Looks like Nissan is pushing LEAFs this holiday season. Now offering $250 charging credit with EVGO for any deliveries retro'd back to Nov 1st (that means me!! :p )

See what I mean about downbeat text even with reasonable sales. EGolf was third, also without battery MGMT. and review was much more upbeat.

Clean Technica

#2 Nissan Leaf — With the 62 kWh version being delivered in volume, the Japanese model hit 3,028 registrations last month, marking the return of the Leaf to the runner-up spot! But that’s it for good news. Despite the larger battery version’s help, registrations were down 37% YoY (ouch). Will the Nissan BEV be able to leave this downward spiral? I have some doubts, because unless Nissan cuts prices significantly, the Leaf is starting to look irrelevant and outdated, especially next to a certain VW ID.3. Back to October performances, the Japanese model’s main markets were the UK (700 units), Norway (518), France (363), and the Netherlands (286).

Back