2nd Year Service

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$95 for a brake fluid flush and a free battery check at the 2 year mark was it for me. They did it while I waited so no need for a loaner. Took 90 minutes start to end.

thankyouOB said:
Went in for the 2-year service.
air filter $105
brake fluid $125
free loaner.

I just got home from my 2-year battery check. Like DeaneG I went to Sunnyvale Nissan. I got five stars on the battery on all measures, and the MPI went without any negative findings. I had already rotated the tires recently so I declined that. The wash was free (complimentary, not complementary). They reset my tires to 35 PSI. I only had just under 11K miles, so there was no talk of a brake fluid change. I left with a 7-page printout to tell me my car was fine. I threw out two of the pages (one blank, one telling me service is about peace of mind). I sat reading in their "customer lounge" (waiting room, but at least the TV full of Nissan ads was set with volume near zero) for an hour and 5 minutes. The coffee was good and the wait was only 5 minutes more than they told me, so I was very pleased all in all. So it looks like I'm good for another year with a total spent on service of $20 for the tire rotation.

Rat said:
I just got home from my 2-year battery check. Like DeaneG I went to Sunnyvale Nissan. I got five stars on the battery on all measures, and the MPI went without any negative findings. I had already rotated the tires recently so I declined that. The wash was free (complimentary, not complementary). They reset my tires to 35 PSI. I only had just under 11K miles, so there was no talk of a brake fluid change. I left with a 7-page printout to tell me my car was fine. I threw out two of the pages (one blank, one telling me service is about peace of mind). I sat reading in their "customer lounge" (waiting room, but at least the TV full of Nissan ads was set with volume near zero) for an hour and 5 minutes. The coffee was good and the wait was only 5 minutes more than they told me, so I was very pleased all in all. So it looks like I'm good for another year with a total spent on service of $20 for the tire rotation.

If you look on the door sticker, it will show 36psi as the recommended pressure. A lot of people exceed that.

Rat said:
... Like DeaneG I went to Sunnyvale Nissan... I sat reading in their "customer lounge" (waiting room, but at least the TV full of Nissan ads was set with volume near zero) for an hour and 5 minutes. The coffee was good and the wait was only 5 minutes more than they told me, so I was very pleased all in all...
If you are ambitious, you could walk a mile northwest up El Camino to the Sunnyvale-Saratoga intersection, and enjoy something at Peet's for 20 minutes. That's what I do.

DeaneG said:
Rat said:
... Like DeaneG I went to Sunnyvale Nissan... I sat reading in their "customer lounge" (waiting room, but at least the TV full of Nissan ads was set with volume near zero) for an hour and 5 minutes. The coffee was good and the wait was only 5 minutes more than they told me, so I was very pleased all in all...
If you are ambitious, you could walk a mile northwest up El Camino to the Sunnyvale-Saratoga intersection, and enjoy something at Peet's for 20 minutes. That's what I do.
My ambition led me drive home, change clothes, and go running at Rancho San Antonio instead. If I remember right, the dealer has wi-fi, so you can spend the time on your computer if you prefer, but don't hold me to that.

I had an 8:00 am appointment at Premier Nissan in San Jose today. I arrived at 7:35 and was the first LEAF and fourth car in line. Since this is most likely the last time I will have the dealer do the service, I figured I would let them do the whole thing. It's been two years and two weeks since I took delivery and I have 31754 miles on the car.

I had the free battery check, brake fluid change, tires rotated and cabin filter replaced. They also gave me a car wash. The total cost was $179.06 which had 10% taken off after I printed a coupon from their website. The very worst part was that it took a full 4 hours to get my car back. I finally went for a walk and found my car had been moved and parked outside. When I asked the cashier about it, she checked with the service manager, who said she was "just finishing up the paper work". I don't know how long my car had been sitting out there, but compared to some of the other 2 years service info, that seemed crazy long.

Just had my 2-year service completed at Mossy Nissan Oceanside today. The multi-point inspection and EV battery report were free as usual.

From my invoice, 24-month service cost $179.95 parts and labor, and consisted of:
- Brake fluid flush
- in-cabin microfilter replaced
- tires rotated, wheels torqued, air pressure adjusted
- inspection of axle/suspension, brake lines & cables, brake pads/rotors, charging port, drive shaft boots, front suspension ball joints, reduction gear oil, steering gear & linkage, steering linkage ball joint

With a 39-month lease and my low miles (just over 13K at 2 years), this is probably the first and last major service for my Leaf, so I went ahead and had a wheel alignment done. There was a slight pull and it turns out toe-in on one side was out of whack. Add another $89.95 for the alignment.

Total time for the service was less than 4 hours, including a car wash before handing the keys back to me.

This makes 3 routine maintenance trips to Mossy Nissan Oceanside for my Leaf in 2 years. Grand total, less than $400. I plan to take it in again for a quick check-up in 6 months and at the 3 year mark, but I expect to still have less than 20K miles at 3 years.

What will I do after giving back my 2011 Leaf in August 2014? Hmm... Might want to take a look at what Nissan's offering for their 2015 model year. :D

ENIAC said:
Because I do it myself. I own a brake system vacuum pump and the whole process only takes about a half and hour or so.
Where do you dispose / recycle the brake fluid?
It is considered hazardous waste.
In Chattanooga they do hazardous materials collection monthly on the second Saturday from 8:00 to noon. Is paid for by the state environmental department.
Curious how it is handled where you are?

Just wanted to report that 2nd annual battery check has been checked off of my to do list. Premiere Nissan of San Jose completed the task along with a tire rotation in just over one hour. Of course, everything is fine and I am good to go for another year. Still loving my LEAF.

Back