4/22 Dashboard delivery dates inexplicably on hold?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Nissan missed the boat on not providing a web site called "Where is my Leaf?". You put in your VIN # and it would say, on the boat and if they know the name of the boat, there is a web based system that can tell you the position on the ocean, then they could show it in Long Beach, then on the Rail Car, then on Truck, and then at the dealership. The web purchasing expectation is that after you get a unique number like the VIN, you should be able to put it into a tracking system just like UPS and see the location of your vehicle. Still waiting, April 27th, then May 6th, then May 20th.

News flash!!!

Just got a call from Nissan CS stating that my car was scheduled to leave port on Monday, 5/16. They volunteered the pollen story although one week ago I was told my car was not affected. I didn't bring it up. Glad that they made an effort to reach out.

I will now forget about delivery dates and wait to hear from Brendan next week.

-Nader

nader said:
Just got a call from Nissan CS stating that my car was scheduled to leave port on Monday, 5/16.
I hope that turns out better than when they told me mine would get to the dealer in 5 days...three weeks ago.

I wonder how many cars per day Nissan can depollinate :roll:
Next week would be fine with me.

Oh wait my CU financing approval expires on the 15th, perfect :lol:

nader said:
News flash!!!

Just got a call from Nissan CS stating that my car was scheduled to leave port on Monday, 5/16. They volunteered the pollen story although one week ago I was told my car was not affected. I didn't bring it up.
I got the same call today with the week of 5/16 delivery and the pollen story (they have to wash it they said). My dashboard still reads 4/22.

Alex

davewill said:
nader said:
Just got a call from Nissan CS stating that my car was scheduled to leave port on Monday, 5/16.
I hope that turns out better than when they told me mine would get to the dealer in 5 days...three weeks ago.

Was the date they quoted based on your "week of" date? If so we know how unreliable that is. In this case they said they were responding to a call I placed yesterday inquiring about a status update. At the end of our call yesterday I mentioned to the CS agent that it would be nice if they had a system that emailed when there was a status change.. It seems they at least made a note to contact me when there was an update. BTW, the call was from a 1-877 number.

nader said:
davewill said:
nader said:
Was the date they quoted based on your "week of" date? If so we know how unreliable that is.
I called for status, they told me that. Who knows what Ouija Board equivalent they were using to come up with it.

smkettner said:
I wonder how many cars per day Nissan can depollinate

CS told me it takes 5 hours per car, but they didn't know how many there were that actually had the Japanese pollen on them. I was told that mine wasn't affected. Also received the 'delivery soon' email May 5th which means it should have been loaded on the train to Portland Monday, the ninth.

Ahhhh... Japanese Pollen, you say? JAPANESE pollen? Yessssss, not frequently seen on this continent, but I did have a brush with it in the 70's. <slow nod> Very scary stuff, Japanese Pollen. Do not underestimate its tenacity.

You, with your Dawn Dishwashing liquid and microfiber hand mitt. Hah! You think you're any match for Japanese Pollen? Wipe those soap suds off your chin, boy, and listen up! Five hours of your hardest washing will be just enough to wipe that smirk off your face.

Japanese Pollen will bore into your finish until it looks like WORMWOOD. It will shrug off detergents, kerosene, and MEK like a mallard duck! When it's done with your finish, it will eat the tread off your tires, sandblast your rims, and leave your interior reeking like a recent In'n'Out Burger trip!

You don't "WASH OFF" Japanese Pollen, you insolent punk.. you park the car at the gravel quarry, leave the fob in it, and run away after you set it on FIRE! Then, before you take ten steps, you take all your clothes off and burn those too, while you thank the moon that you escaped your brush with Japanese Pollen.

I hear super skunk japanese pollen is good ****! ;-)

On a serious note, CS said that someone was hand washing the car. Hopefully after this is all behind us the real story will come out and pics will surface. I bet you there are port employees who lurk on this forum and are itching to chime in. Come on guys, all we need is a quick cell phone pic.

Received a call from CS this evening, confirming the pollen story. My car is supposed to leave port around the 16th.

LEAFfan said:
smkettner said:
I wonder how many cars per day Nissan can depollinate

CS told me it takes 5 hours per car, but they didn't know how many there were that actually had the Japanese pollen on them. I was told that mine wasn't affected. Also received the 'delivery soon' email May 5th which means it should have been loaded on the train to Portland Monday, the ninth.

I'm sure they know how many were impacted by the pollen if they are calling these customers but it's completely understandable not sharing that information. Example, you would not call Citibank and expect to get an update on all their other customer's accounts, just your own. Not sure why this would be any different.

smkettner said:
Are these random calls from CS or did you request a call back?

Random I guess. The CS agent did reference that I called in yesterday though. Maybe they have a list of naggers, hehe.

Giv'em a ring in the morning.

davewill said:
Well, my dashboard just moved...from 4/18 to 5/20. :eek: I'm hoping this means my car will show up tomorrow!

Likewise.. just went from 5/5 to 6/3. :evil: Hopefully the actual delivery date falls somewhere in between... tomorrow would work just delightfully. :p

Back